I just CANT see the Jags taking D. Jordan

pehawk

Reaction score
I just cant see it. I could be way offbase here, but I have to assume Gus learned from being here. And, the Jags GM seems to have some potential. I know they need a LEO, but Okafor and Jones may be available by round 2.

Random rant. Just saw the ESPN Sportcenter mock, and they had the Jags taking Jordan and the Raiders taking Ziggy. I could see the latter, if Al's still around.

Jordan is NOT Irvin. Not even close.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not endorsing the pick, but I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take Jordan. Jacksonville's #1 need (other than QB) is pass rush, and Bradley learned to value speed at pass rusher from Carroll. Sure, taking an offensive tackle is the smart move, but they already have an above average starter at LT (Eugene Monroe) who will want to get paid next offseason. Do they let Monroe walk? If so, drafting a top tackle loses it's sheen as well.

Even trading down seems dubious to me. I'm not at all a fan of Jordan as a 4-3 end, but he looks like Julius Peppers compared to Ansah and Mingo.

They have a tough choice to make. I think I'd probably draft Fisher and sign Monroe to an extension, but that's just me.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm hoping Jordan goes to a 3-4 team. If he stays healthy he'll be a very good OLB. If he's forced to play in a 4-3, i'm not sure.

firebee

Reaction score
I agree with everyone who thinks Jordan is going to be a bust and I don't see Jacksonville taking him. I do see Philadelphia taking Jordan with Chip Kelly there, as a Leo type DE/LB is a need in Philadelphia. I see Detroit trading up with Jacksonville to grab Eric Fisher out of Central Michigan and then I see Jacksonville grabbing Sharrif Flloyd after Oakland trades out with Buffalo and Buffalo takes Geno Smith.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2baxvgxu said:
Jordan is NOT Irvin. Not even close.

He's definatly not the pass rusher that Irvin is. But he's a better all around football player at this point. I still wouldnt take him in the top 10 though.

GCrow

Reaction score
Personally, feel his best position would be as 4-3 Strong Side 'backer.

kigenzun

Reaction score
If I was the Jags, I'd trade down the #2 with Arizona at #7. Arizona needs a left tackle way more than the Jags do. This way they could pick up an extra pick or 2 and still get the leftovers of Jordan or Ansah at #7. If they both happen to be gone they could probably end up with Lane Johnson, or trade down again and pick up another pick or two. They could conceivably trade down twice, still get Geno Smith to replace Gabbert somewhere in the mid 20's, and then be loaded with 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths to build their new foundation.

gmor

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2f69iy5a said:
I'm hoping Jordan goes to a 3-4 team. If he stays healthy he'll be a very good OLB. If he's forced to play in a 4-3, i'm not sure.

A 3-4 team would be the best fit for him. I do disagree with those who think he's not very good. He does everything well and it will show on the next level.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I don't see him as an Irvin, I think a better comparison is Clemons. He can close the edge, drop in zone and bring the heat.

Irvin is a pass rusher that needs to improve all around DE skills. Jordan is an all around DE that needs to improve pass rushing skills (at the NFL level)

Worth the second pick??

Gus needs a corner stone on D, saw the importance of the LEO

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Maybe, Strap, maybe. I felt similar about Mario Williams, and I was right, right? Oh, wait.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Clevland would make him work. Horton would know exactly what to do.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":lgw0hdf6 said:
Yeah, Clevland would make him work. Horton would know exactly what to do.
We were both wrong. #3 overall. I can't remember if the Phins run a 34. Like J, I think he's a better fit in that scheme.