2. DT Jesse Williams- Remedy to our lack of push up the middle, he will not rack up sacks but JW is a big, strong, mean SOB who will bring an attitude to our DL. He will be a big help pushing back SF's dominate OL and allow our DE's some freedom as he takes on two blockers.
3. OT David Bakhtiari-Under rated and overlooked he might have been a late 1st or early 2nd round pick in some other drafts. He would be a good fit for Cable and still has some room for growth so he can learn behind Giacomini and provided solid depth at both OT positions.
4. WR Josh Boyce- Deadly deep threat, could be very similar to Mike Williams but not as fast. He isn't the big WR I was wanting but he is an outside guy who brings more to the table size and speed wise than Tate does and he still has some untapped potential. Was one of our VMAC visits
5. LB Sean Porter- An undersized WLB who has decent speed and good intangibles. He woud put up a good fight with Malcom Smith for the starting WLB spot.
5. TE Levine Toilolo- One of the most Physically gifted TE's in the draft in terms of size and body. He will never be a uber athletic Jimmy Graham or Gonzo, but he could be an incredible Red Zone threat and would be a mismatch similar to what we though we have in Evan Moore.
6. DT Josh Boyd- A fairly productive (51tkls, 8 TFL, and 4.5scks his Sr yr) being overlooked in this class since he has proven he can make tackles and can get penetration without talent (Fletcher Cox) next to him.
7. CB Steve Williams- One of the fastest CB's in this draft, not our typical 6'2 type but his speed would be valuable on special teams, and he could learn from another 5'9 CB behind Winfield for a season.
7. RB Cierre Wood- Was thinking maybe we'd get a scatback type RB to replace Leon but we don't really need a PR/KR type RB, better to get a guy who could compete with Turbin for the #1RB spot in 2 or 3 years when Lynch starts to break down. Wood was a high profile RB out of Cali so I'm sure PC knows him and he has the ability to be a good one if given a push.
7. FB/TE Kyler Reed- Good bloodlines but hasn't been very productive. Has some athletic ability and could be moved or find a spot at TE or FB. Seems like a good project now that Konz is gone and we could stash on the PS without losing
7. LB Lerentee McCray- A big, reasonably athletic LB (compared to Leroy Hill by CBS) who is familiar with Dan Quinn. He has talent but hasn't played that much. Worth a pick as he could compete with Toomer for a roster spot or PS spot. Both players are pretty raw, McCray was a quality backup at a big program, Toomer a semi star at Idaho. Talent is probably similar so the competition would perfect.