draft hopes and desires...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
draft hopes and desires...
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm
  • Without getting too much into names, which positions do you hope they target this draft and how many?

For instance, IMO the 2&3 round too me would ideally be used on:

A) WR, B) DT, C) OL.... Wr is deep in this draft you could possibly get a Deandre Hopkins or a Robert Woods in the 2nd/3rd round. Kawaan Short at DT, or perhaps a bigger run stuffer in the 2nd. We also need a Tackle and Menelik Watson would be a great developmental prospect.

Ideally I'd like to see
    3- DLmen draft- 2 DT's preferably. DL is the one spot that hasn't been retooled through the draft as other spots. Especially DT, where we've used a patchwork strategy the last 2 years. It would be nice to build some depth and talent through draft picks. I think adding 3 DLmen to go along with Irvin, Scruggs and Howard would really help to infuse some talent and would be cap friendly.

1-2- WR's drafted. Preferably a BIG WR- that could eventually take over for Rice, as he's probably not going to be around more than a year- two unless he restructures.

1- OL- Tackle preferably, We need depth at tackle. We have plenty of bodies at Guard with Carp, Sweezy, Moffitt, Rishaw, but we don't have depth at Tackle it would be nice to get a guy that could challenge Breno.

2- TE's/FB/Hback- We could use a FB/Hback + a Inline TE. Miller and Robinson are expensive and getting older, need to find some replacements.

Secondary- There's got to be 1-2 that will be brought in. We can't seem to go through a draft without picking up a couple guys on the backend. With Browner's future uncertain. Getting another big body, or perhaps a good nickel corner would be huge.

My ideal draft would be:
    3-DL
    1-LB
    2-WR
    2- TE/FB/Hback
    1- OT
    1- CB/Safety/ Secondary.
    10 total picks

What would be your ideal breakdown by position?
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Re: draft hopes and desires...
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 pm
  • 1 Qb our philosophy is to have value here to build on and trade later. Imagine if Barkley fell to us and after 2 preseasons and one game with 3 TDs what his value maybe.

1 TE Gavin Escobar or a te that catches footballs with his hands. to compete w the guy we have that can't.

1 LB to the core with freaky dimmentions a diamond from nowhere.

1 kicker to beat out Hauska
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm
  • A good player to back Mebane or start next to him, a swing tackle, another long corner, a guard for the rotation, a starting linebacker to replace Hill, a development athlete for LEO, a stronger kicker that we can trust from 55, a tight end, and a depth safety to back Thomas.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:47 pm
  • WR to replace Rice next year
    TE to replace Miller
    DT
    RT
    Nickle CB to replace Winfiled
    K
    QB to develop
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 pm
  • I care about positions this weekend about as much as I'd care about positions while having sex with a supermodel. I'm just happy to be there.

In all seriousness, I could care less which areas Seattle addresses or in which order. There is a sea of talent in the middle rounds this year. I just want to see the Seahawks capitalize on it to the maximum extent possible. Seattle has no true needs, but the closest things they have to needs also match up well with a strong bubble of mid round talent.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information