Interesting Steeler strategy w/rookies

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Interesting Steeler strategy w/rookies
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Once they make the final cut, they have the rookie recommend family members for the organization to talk to. They bring the family members in to the facility and talk to them about building a support system for the rookie. Apparently it's to help them realize the importance of their career and how it effects family, and to keep them out of trouble while supporting them if they do get in to trouble.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Rapelisburger must have been an orphan, either that or his family just didn't give a sh!t.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:Rapelisburger must have been an orphan, either that or his family just didn't give a sh!t.

Well I think his parents probably sold their bar and went under cover is the problem.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• They are supporting the wrong guys. The ones who need it are the ones who have
    their hopes shot and dreams shattered by getting cut.

I will support this point of view by reminding you of a DT from Syracuse named
    Wes Dove who was in the Seahawks camp years ago. After getting cut by Seattle
    and failing to catch on with anyone else, he went into the back yard of his
    parent's home and shot himself dead.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• One example of a guy not making the cut doesn't prove a trend. I don't believe the NFL is responsible for people they no longer employe. They are responsible for the players and I like this story. I also wish larger chunks of money went into 401k funds erc for the players. I just read the uncertain story and was surprised to find out that rebook out some $50 million in a fund he won't get until he is 55 or something. They knew he had issues and set something up that would be there long term. Now the guy is broke but if he can fix his life he can have a nice retirement. Giving 18 year olds millions and not expect issues is naive....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information