Moving up in the second

hidn

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I really really love Robert Woods. I think he will be the best receiver to come out of this draft.

I'm curious how you guys would feel if we moved up into the early second to get him?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
no thanks..... there are plenty of WR's w/ more upside available in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Meh, I like Woods a lot but I don't think I'd trade anything to move up to get him. There are tons of WR's that will be available to us that could be very solid in the NFL and I'd rather save the extra picks.

OP
OP
hidn

hidn

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's likely to happen, I just find myself wishing there was a way he could be a Seahawk.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think there's a really good chance Woods could end up being available at #56, honestly. He's kind of the forgotten WR at this point. So I don't think Seattle would trade up for him; I'd assume they'd wait for him to drop to them.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hidn":1f586h7a said:
What exactly are you basing his lack of upside on?

Combine.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rob ... id=2540169

He is one of the more polished WR's in this years draft.....with that said, what you have is what you get. He is a number 2 WR....nothing more. I would prefer they draft for upside if they were to move up. I also think at the pick they have there will be others available with more upside that could potentially replace Rice at some point.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540179
WAYYYYYY More upside.

For me its the difference between the Ruskell era and JS era. Ruskell would go with Woods.... I think JS would make the risky upside pick of Rodgers.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3uz1786y said:
I think there's a really good chance Woods could end up being available at #56, honestly. He's kind of the forgotten WR at this point. So I don't think Seattle would trade up for him; I'd assume they'd wait for him to drop to them.

I would not be surprised if the Vikings or Texans took him in the first. i think he will be long gone by 56. He is too good

OP
OP
hidn

hidn

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":x7zm4vr6 said:
hidn":x7zm4vr6 said:
What exactly are you basing his lack of upside on?

Combine.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rob ... id=2540169

He is one of the more polished WR's in this years draft.....with that said, what you have is what you get. He is a number 2 WR....nothing more. I would prefer they draft for upside if they were to move up. I also think at the pick they have there will be others available with more upside that could potentially replace Rice at some point.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540179
WAYYYYYY More upside.

For me its the difference between the Ruskell era and JS era. Ruskell would go with Woods.... I think JS would make the risky upside pick of Rodgers.

The thing about wide receiver, at least in my position, is that it's not all about the measurable's. He's going to be a good wide receiver not because he is super fast, or super big.

He has superb hands, quickness out of his cuts and reads zones really well.

To put my opinion into some perspective:

Larry Fitzgerald runs a ~4.6s 40. He doesn't get a ton of separation, but has a high football IQ and great hands.
Jerry Rice ran a ~4.7s 40.
Steve Largent on a good day ran a 4.5 40.

It might be a Ruskell pick to you, but the truth is that there is more to the game then just speed.

aawolf

Reaction score
ivotuk":6ter2nas said:
Only for Kawaan Short or Khaseem Greene.

I think trading up for these guys makes since, not so much for Robert Woods or any WR--we won't be able to get the rookie and the compotent recievers on the roster (Harvin, Rice, and Tate) on the field next year uless we run four and five-wide sets, which we don't do too much. If we trade up and waste picks, we need players who will start right away at some position to make it worth it IMO. Here's who I would trade up for IF they fall to the second round at picks 33-36 (compensaion: our second this year and our third this year)

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Khaseem Greene
4. Kawaan Short
5. Zach Ertz

cover-2

Reaction score
I could see the Rams selecting Woods with the 22nd pick in the 1st round...I think Woods is probably the most pro ready and may have the best rookie year of this draft class WR.

If Georgia (OLB) Alec Ogletree falls to the 2nd round then I would hope to see us trade up and get him.

G

If anything, I hope we move up in the 3rd... The way this draft seems to be structured (ton of guys with 2nd round grades), the top end of the 3rd should have amazing value.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
i'd be cool with moving up and getting Tank Carradine he's always been my fav pick for tha hawks.

Latest posts