Peter King on KJR: 49ers want to move up for S. Richardson

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Heard this on Mitch just seconds ago.

I think I can speak for many on this board when I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They have the ammo to move up and get pretty much whoever they want. He would be a great pickup for them though, no question.

hidn

Reaction score
Yeah, that would suck.

The fact that it is coming out this early might mean that it is fake/not going to happen though?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a surprise. As you say, they have the draft capital to do anything.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That would suck donkeydi*k. I hope they trade up and grab Geno Smith so that they have a QB named Smith again.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
they run a 3-4 he's best at a 3tech in a 4-3 maybe they mess it up like KC did with Glen Dorsey

Lithium

Reaction score
Doesnt suprise me, Ive had SF trading up to get Star Lotulelei for a month now, people dont realize they lost 2/3 of their starters on the D-Line in FA, and obviously they have the ammo to get any player they want.

aawolf

Reaction score
My prediction: They trade up and take Sheldon Richardson or Star Latulelei or Tavon Austin or Dee Milliner or Xavier Rhodes or Jarvis Jones or they stay there and get to pick Desmond Trufant...either way, those are bad-ass picks. They will probably trade up because they won't be able to fill roster spots with all their picks.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":1mjcpcjt said:
they run a 3-4 he's best at a 3tech in a 4-3 maybe they mess it up like KC did with Glen Dorsey
SF doesnt really run a pure 3-4, they play in a 4-3 front a lot. I dont mind this happening if it means they trade up a lot of their draft ammo.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
SF has the ammo to take any DT they want. I hope they do it early and use all their ammo. And get out of the 3rd-4th Round DT market, where IMO Seattle is looking.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I hope they do. I don't think Richardson is all that great. He looked mediocre in the SEC.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for them. That is what having 13 draft picks affords you. The only time I can remember not being happy about the 9ers good fortune was when they drafted Bryant Young leaving the Seahawks to draft Sam Adkins.

Sam was a good guy but Bryant was a dreaded miss. Sort of like Wilfork vs Tubbs.

cover-2

Reaction score
Richardson does make a lot of sense in that 49ers DE/DT Justin Smith is getting up there in age. Aldon Smith's production fell off big time when Justin Smith was off the field due to injuries. Richardson is similar in size, playing temperament, and relentless.

I thought they might trade up to get a player like Kenny Vaccaro but I guess Richardson makes more sense.

If they don't trade up I could see them drafting South Carolina (S) D.J. Swearinger or Florida (S) Matt Elam.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think the Niners actually want to trade up and get Tavon Austin. If they are floating the Richardson thing, it is smoke. I don't believe much of what i hear this week.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
if it came down to S. Richardson and Star L. i would rather have them take Richardson becuase Star is more of a Justin Smith type and we don't need that.

drdiags

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34b2dsvl said:
I think the Niners actually want to trade up and get Tavon Austin. If they are floating the Richardson thing, it is smoke. I don't believe much of what i hear this week.

Heard the guy from Ourlads saying this is what he figured the 9ers would do. Would give them a pretty dynamic WR corp addition. Depends how high they would have to go to get him. Jets pick at #9 seem to be the current spot for Austin possibly going. Would Idzik give up that talent to get more picks? He needs to come out the gate with a strong draft.

godawg

Reaction score
Dr Diags, the two draft misses I was most steamed about were Bryant Young/Sam Adams and Vince Wilfork/Marcus Tubbs. I was thinking about that before I read your post because that's about how I would feel if SF takes Richardson.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I've had the sneaking suspicion they'd be eyeing Tavon since we got Percy.

Since the Branden Albert to Miami rumors started to surface, this seems more and more like reality.

If Miami gets their tackle, they wont be moving up, they will be moving down to recoup a 2nd rounder. I think 9ers trade #31 & #34 to Miami for Austin at #12. SF gets who they feel they need and #31-#34 is in perfect range for Miami to draft a DB and TE.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing their willing to trade up. Let's look at what they've got- 13 picks, vs Seattle's 10 picks. If they give up 3 picks to take a Richardson they they lose out on those other 3 picks and possibly getting good players. I'd thing the massive tradeup is undesireable in most situations. I know ATL getting Julio was a great move, but they also limited their ability in improving their team elsewhere. Thus they have a good passing attack and a suspect defense.

Latest posts