The 2013 draft's first round in GIFs

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Good stuff, especially the gif for the Cowboys pick.

Man I wish we could go back to the AFC. The NFC is loaded right now and the NFC West is going to be a bloodfest the next couple of years. It is the SEC of the NFL. Whoever survives will likely go to the Conference championship if not the Bowl.

getnasty

Reaction score
Nice Job Kip. If we still had our 1st rounder, knowing what you know now, who do you think we take at 25.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sloppy, stolen gimmick, and analysis is way off on certain picks. I expected better Kearly.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":k71ilr2p said:
Sloppy, stolen gimmick, and analysis is way off on certain picks. I expected better Kearly.

Wow!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1gtziu43 said:

Which picks do you think he's wrong about, specifically? I thought he backed up his assertions fairly decently, given the confines of space. The gifs weren't always great, which is true, and it loses its impact because last years version was both original and really funny.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1c776m7k said:
HawksFTW":1c776m7k said:

Sometimes you're absolutely ridiculous. Seriously.

Am I wrong? The whole idea of reactions via gif was played out three drafts ago. At least previous attempts at the format were humerous, but this was just blase. Clapping gifs over and over? Yay. Going on to the analysis, Kearly pretty much panned EJ Manuel across the board, and then comes out and says oh btw secretly, I have been messaging Rob about EJ as a first rounder...? Sorry, comes off as self promoting and playing both sides. I am away from a PC right now, I can run down the rest when I get back.

There are other observations here where I think kearly is way too full of himself, and obviously doesn't understand the rest of the NFL as well as he does the Seahawks, but that is more about kearly than his blog post, so I will refrain.

In other words, you can keep riding, I see the bandwagon for what it is.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
HawksFTW":a1edfqmd said:
Nope, no trolling here. Just good old fashioned rudeness. Way to keep it klassy.

Sac

Reaction score
HawksFTW":hum3quam said:
peachesenregalia":hum3quam said:
HawksFTW":hum3quam said:

Sometimes you're absolutely ridiculous. Seriously.

Am I wrong? The whole idea of reactions via gif was played out three drafts ago. At least previous attempts at the format were humerous, but this was just blase. Clapping gifs over and over? Yay. Going on to the analysis, Kearly pretty much panned EJ Manuel across the board, and then comes out and says oh btw secretly, I have been messaging Rob about EJ as a first rounder...? Sorry, comes off as self promoting and playing both sides. I am away from a PC right now, I can run down the rest when I get back.

There are other observations here where I think kearly is way too full of himself, and obviously doesn't understand the rest of the NFL as well as he does the Seahawks, but that is more about kearly than his blog post, so I will refrain.

In other words, you can keep riding, I see the bandwagon for what it is.

Aha! You're Prelag!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I disagree with you on the Vikings draft.. I think they crushed it.. though I guess that's because they took 2 players I loved in this draft (Patterson and Floyd).

I disagree with you about the Jets too.. I think both their picks were bad. Milliner is NOT Revis. His ceiling IMO wouldn't even place him near Cromartie. Yeah he's cheaper than Revis, but so is every corner in football right now. I think they 100% wanted Austin and the Bills trolled them by doing the deal with the Rams, which btw.. was for a mere 2nd round pick.. hardly a major price to give up for a potential gamebreaking talent at RB/WR.

Also I love Sheldon Richardson, but scheme wise.. he doesn't fit the current Jets D. Neither pick made a whole lot of sense to me.. but they're the Jets so who knows.

However, the beauty of the draft is no one knows a damn thing until the players actually throw on the pads and play :) Nice work.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont support ever ripping someone who gives us content like kearly does. Regardless of agreement, I do appreciate it. That's especially true with kearly, because unlike 99.9999% of other bloggers, he'll go all-in with his opinion, with no cares of being wrong. Most bloggers, draftperts, put more effort into NOT being wrong than just being right. Kearly doesn't do that.

The Manuel comment does smell a tad like kearly joining the ranks of everyone else. So, I understand FTW's criticism. But, having been a fan of Skip Tardyale for quite some time, I believe kearly's Manuel comment.

Rat

Reaction score
LMAO! That is all kinds of awesome! If this concept was "played out three years ago", I must have missed it, because I thought this was great.

I think I might be misunderstanding what's going on in the gif for the Dion Jordan pick. That gif makes me think you're somewhat applauding the pick, but the analysis rips the pick apart.

One thing I disagree on is that the Rams "paid through the nose" for Tavon Austin. Moving up from 16 to 8 for a 2nd, a 7th, and a swap of 3rd round picks where they actually move up in that round feels like tremendous value for me. As a whole, I felt the teams that moved up did very well compensation wise

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":25pyxbgo said:
HawksFTW":25pyxbgo said:

Which picks do you think he's wrong about, specifically? I thought he backed up his assertions fairly decently, given the confines of space. The gifs weren't always great, which is true, and it loses its impact because last years version was both original and really funny.

Ugh. I just had a very lengthy post erased on me because the page needed to be recovered. I will try to hit as many highlights as possible, because I am not wasting another 30 mins on this.

- EJ Manuel, as I pointed out above.

- Panning Minnesota's picks, trade value, etc. Minn got good value for their trade, and made out with three good players and positions of need for the team. The praising of NE's side of the trade smells like the media constantly praising BB for trading down, when in actuality they didn't get great (or even good) value out of their trade, relative to other trades in this draft.

- Being surprised at DEN's pick of a DT, when it was arguably their biggest need. Wolfe did play well for them last year, mostly from the DE position. With them losing Dumervil, Wolfe will be less of a rotational guy, and their DT's aren't exactly world beaters.

- Jag's pick of LT, when just in this forum kearly called Eugene Monroe above average (he isn't) and that he should be re-signed, and that drafting a LT would lose its sheen. Now he says it is a great pick, and that Monroe isn't standing in the way of anybody. Which is it?

- Being surprised at Oakland drafting Hayden, when CB is a huge need and Hayden has rapidly moved up the boards.

- Panning DAL's pick of Frederick, when OL has been their biggest issue, and C was arguably one of their biggest needs on the OL. Feels like he is buying into the media talk that Frederick was a reach when it is rumored he was coming off the board shortly after that pick. They started 6 different centers last year, and got the player they wanted. Just odd that someone from Seattle would pan a little bit of a reach, and fall in line with the talking heads here, when we have so many examples of why you shouldn't think that way.

- And lastly, for Ogletree...the guy is a playmaker plain and simple, and will fit in really well in STL. Using workout numbers to ultimately downgrade a guy that has awesome game tape, again falls in line with the talking heads.

Furthermore, this discussion goes beyond what a lot of people are seeing on this board as well. Kearly routinely talks about how much he hated the mentality at FG's and the cult of personality that surrounded some of the writers there. Yet, he double talks, shoots people down in threads where he admits to barely watching certain prospects, and also ignores real debate and discussion. This isn't something I am alone on, and truthfully if people knew some of the things kearly has done to avoid confrontation on some of his opinions, people would have a different view. His approach is starting border on hypocritical, but because of his reputation people don't want to see it. Which is fine, I will be the bad guy and point it out, I have no stake in my rep here.

And lastly, I agree with you Sarlacc, the gifs really took away from his analysis. Recycling years old gifs, and basically copy and pasting from reactiongifs.com, on a internet trend that is also years old, just comes across as "look at me".

All that said, I don't dislike kearly, and find his opinion valuable most of the time. Which is why I expected better of him with a post like this.

Have good rest of the day, I won't be able to make it back on here to respond today, but I will be checking in. Feel free to flame me for trying to ground the golden boy a bit, I can take it, which is more than I can say about some people around here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawksFTW":31deomxt said:
Sarlacc83":31deomxt said:
HawksFTW":31deomxt said:

*Long post snip*

Have good rest of the day, I won't be able to make it back on here to respond today, but I will be checking in. Feel free to flame me for trying to ground the golden boy a bit, I can take it, which is more than I can say about some people around here.

I actually think that was some pretty good analysis on your part. I don't have a dog in the race, per se, as I'm no draft junkie, but I did think it a little unfair to say you're wrong without at least some indication of why. I really agree that people love to praise the Patriots for always trading down, but that philosophy keeps biting them in the ass. Brady's not going to be propping up that team forever.

aawolf

Reaction score
I love your take, Kearly, as always. Entertaining and informative. Loved the GIFs.

aawolf

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2vge1fe2 said:
Sarlacc83":2vge1fe2 said:
HawksFTW":2vge1fe2 said:

Ugh. I just had a very lengthy post erased on me because the page needed to be recovered. I will try to hit as many highlights as possible, because I am not wasting another 30 mins on this.

- EJ Manuel, as I pointed out above.

- Panning Minnesota's picks, trade value, etc. Minn got good value for their trade, and made out with three good players and positions of need for the team. The praising of NE's side of the trade smells like the media constantly praising BB for trading down, when in actuality they didn't get great (or even good) value out of their trade, relative to other trades in this draft.

- Being surprised at DEN's pick of a DT, when it was arguably their biggest need. Wolfe did play well for them last year, mostly from the DE position. With them losing Dumervil, Wolfe will be less of a rotational guy, and their DT's aren't exactly world beaters.

- Jag's pick of LT, when just in this forum kearly called Eugene Monroe above average (he isn't) and that he should be re-signed, and that drafting a LT would lose its sheen. Now he says it is a great pick, and that Monroe isn't standing in the way of anybody. Which is it?

- Being surprised at Oakland drafting Hayden, when CB is a huge need and Hayden has rapidly moved up the boards.

- Panning DAL's pick of Frederick, when OL has been their biggest issue, and C was arguably one of their biggest needs on the OL. Feels like he is buying into the media talk that Frederick was a reach when it is rumored he was coming off the board shortly after that pick. They started 6 different centers last year, and got the player they wanted. Just odd that someone from Seattle would pan a little bit of a reach, and fall in line with the talking heads here, when we have so many examples of why you shouldn't think that way.

- And lastly, for Ogletree...the guy is a playmaker plain and simple, and will fit in really well in STL. Using workout numbers to ultimately downgrade a guy that has awesome game tape, again falls in line with the talking heads.

Furthermore, this discussion goes beyond what a lot of people are seeing on this board as well. Kearly routinely talks about how much he hated the mentality at FG's and the cult of personality that surrounded some of the writers there. Yet, he double talks, shoots people down in threads where he admits to barely watching certain prospects, and also ignores real debate and discussion. This isn't something I am alone on, and truthfully if people knew some of the things kearly has done to avoid confrontation on some of his opinions, people would have a different view. His approach is starting border on hypocritical, but because of his reputation people don't want to see it. Which is fine, I will be the bad guy and point it out, I have no stake in my rep here.

And lastly, I agree with you Sarlacc, the gifs really took away from his analysis. Recycling years old gifs, and basically copy and pasting from reactiongifs.com, on a internet trend that is also years old, just comes across as "look at me".

All that said, I don't dislike kearly, and find his opinion valuable most of the time. Which is why I expected better of him with a post like this.

The stick up your butt must really hurt..I recommend taking it out. You can disagree with the content, thats fine, but as much time and effort as kearly puts into his articles and posts, its just wrong to "expect better" on a free message-board blog. He's not getting paid for this, as I understand. You are not a paying customer and you do not have the right to make demands like that.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Well said, wolf. It's not his HawksFTW's opinions on the content that are at issue, but the douchebaggy way in which he chose to deliver it. Just rude, pure and simple.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I personally appreicated the gif draft review. I know it has been done, but it still brings a smile to my face.

I 100% percent agree with the Ziggy Ansah comment. If I wanted a super atheletic, foreigner that has limited football IQ, gets lost in games, and has poor body control I would rather have Hunt in the 2nd round then Ansah at 5.

The only one I really disagreed with was the Bills EJ Manuel pick.... my gif would have been a Bills fan jumping in front of a bus. Absolute horrible pick. In a extremely weak QB class he wasn't even in my top 4. If the Bills loved him so much, draft him at the begining of Round 2 or 3. As he might have lasted that long. He has horrible film, is inaccurate and struggled in leadership situations..... All i can say is I hope Javon Clowney enjoys Buffalo.... might as well start shopping for a house there now.