Millner is to Trufant what...

pehawk

Reaction score
Newman was to Marcus Trufant.

I was on the Desmond train awhile. Dude plays bigger than he is (I didn't understand Mayock's criticism on Tru's physicality…ummm…yeah?), can press, play zone, slide inside, he's just a natural. If he didn't play on HISTORICALLY bad defenses, he'd be top 10.

Ironically, Desmond reminds me alot of Asante.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Yeah, Desmond is a great talent. I just remember him switching back and forth between Woods and Lee this year against the trojans and just shutting them down.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":26rw6p3h said:
Yeah, Desmond is a great talent. I just remember him switching back and forth between Woods and Lee this year against the trojans and just shutting them down.

Yeah. The fact he went that low makes me really believe the East Coast bias thing. Hell, you put Tru on a crappy Rutgers team, he goes Top 12.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I really like Tru and have. Its hard to say biased when we live here. He has just been on crappy teams.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm saying biased because he wasn't rated higher AND Mayock, who's a good one, questioned his physicality. His physicality's not in question.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Tacoma-area women must've been lining up for blocks back in the day for a night with Papa Trufant. The dude's a machine. Forget his sons, this dude's sperm is golden and only produces NFL caliber cornerbacks. He is to the NFL what the elder Molina is to the MLB and the catcher position. That'd be a sick documentary right there. Just a ton of interviews and stories as told my Mr. Molina, Mr. Matthews, Mr. Trufant, etc... But I digress!

Back to your point pe. Desmond's a beast. The rare times I could catch UDub out in NYC (which proves your point about people out east not knowing who he is outside of the last name and most don't know who Marcus Trufant is either out here, idiots) I would always watch for Desmond and he would always impress. Like you said, he's just a natural out there. He's one of the few Huskies that I don't hate for no apparent reason.

I like that Asante Samuel comparison a lot, except I think he could actually end up better. Doesn't gamble as much as Samuel so he might not get as many picks but he also might not give up the big play as often.

The East Coast Bias sucks!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
East Coast bias does suck. That's NEVER clearer than reading your blog (rimshot).

Good point on Asante. He's Asante with that patented Trufant class and professionalism added.

I'm trying to get Papa Tru to nail my old lady. If that doesn't work, Rick Barry.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":3fkqn4md said:
I'm saying biased because he wasn't rated higher AND Mayock, who's a good one, questioned his physicality. His physicality's not in question.

Mayock is overrated. Kiper/Gruden didn't say those things. I just think he was on some Ds that got torched at times. He was the second CB taken.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":3qoiyk2p said:

Mayock is overrated. Kiper/Gruden didn't say those things. I just think he was on some Ds that got torched at times. He was the second CB taken.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Good call on Rick Barry, pe. Just think about him puttin the ole underhand foul shot to use on the old lady. You'll have a BONA FIDE, future NBA legend runnin around the house in no time because Rick Barry's shots don't miss!

BarryFreeThrow2

RickBarryUnderhand.jpg

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":3aofectj said:
East Coast bias does suck. That's NEVER clearer than reading your blog (rimshot).

Wait... there's people out there who actually read my blog?! I wanna thank you and the others who've taken the time out of your no doubt busy, hectic day to give it a read. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for the 4 of you.

kearly

Reaction score
Milliner is awesome and should have gone earlier than he did. Trufant is good and I think worthy of a 1st round selection all things considered. Both ARE similar players, but Milliner is a tier above, IMO.

Latest posts