Texas A&M is now officially an SEC team

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • CPHawk wrote:
    taz291819 wrote:South Carolina vs. Clemson.

Clemson, the most overrated team year in and out.

The most overrated? They did go 11-2 overall and 7-1 in the ACC last season. Not sure if that qualifies as the most overrated. Still can't stand them though.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• The current version of Clemson is pretty darn good. For the last decade or so though, I agree with CP that they've been mostly overrated.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• CPHawk wrote:

I think an interesting dynamic happens when a school has an in-state, out of conference rival. They play every year for tradition, sometimes both teams are good (Florida-Florida State) and sometimes only one team is good and some times neither is good. I don't think teams should get "credit" for scheduling those games but I also don't think they should be held up in examples of wimpy scheduling either.

That said, the NCAA needs to make strength of schedule a bigger part of determining post season play. It's great when good teams play each other, particularly in non-regular games. Bama has been doing it lately, usually with ACC teams (though recently they also did Penn State and Michigan). I would love to see them mix in some PAC-12 and some Big-12.

* when I said credit, I really just mean "street cred" or "props" as the kids might say. I'm not suggesting the games not count or anything stupid like that.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

• Can't blame TAMU for doing this... the SEC is a blood bath, just getting through the conference is hard enough.. then you throw in a road trip to Autzen or LA and there's more to lose than there is to gain IMO.

I think sadly, one negative of the playoff is that we will probably see less big time non-conference matchups because teams will rather try to just win the conference and beat some cupcakes to finish in the Top 4 (or 8 which will soon be the case) than risk messing that all up with an early loss.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• A&M is now officially an SEC team?

Did they just win a championship or something? I haven't been keeping up.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

I think an interesting dynamic happens when a school has an in-state, out of conference rival. They play every year for tradition, sometimes both teams are good (Florida-Florida State) and sometimes only one team is good and some times neither is good. I don't think teams should get "credit" for scheduling those games but I also don't think they should be held up in examples of wimpy scheduling either.

That said, the NCAA needs to make strength of schedule a bigger part of determining post season play. It's great when good teams play each other, particularly in non-regular games. Bama has been doing it lately, usually with ACC teams (though recently they also did Penn State and Michigan). I would love to see them mix in some PAC-12 and some Big-12.

* when I said credit, I really just mean "street cred" or "props" as the kids might say. I'm not suggesting the games not count or anything stupid like that.

As a Florida alum I have noticed the negative effects of the BCS and future playoff that has led to weak non-conference games. I agree with your sentiment regarding increased emphasis on strength of schedule. I believe a move toward a system similar to the basketball RPI would encourage stronger non-conference competition, which would only benefit the universities/teams and fans alike.
    pnwhawk25
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information