Could be a tough year...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Could be a tough year...
Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm
  • So the channel that has been pumping college football to a UK audience for the last few years will cease to exist by July 31st. 'ESPN America' provided us with 4-5 games a week, sometimes more. Now... nothing.

    Absolutely devastated.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8163
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could be a tough year...
Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm
  • Dang, and didn't they block streaming sites over there?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Could be a tough year...
Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 pm
  • As long as you get to watch nonstop full time coverage of the Royal newborn on half a dozen channels like us you should be fine. :229031_banghead:
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2095
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


Re: Could be a tough year...
Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:13 am
  • oregonhawkfan wrote:As long as you get to watch nonstop full time coverage of the Royal newborn on half a dozen channels like us you should be fine. :229031_banghead:


    Tired of that little shit all over my Facebook feed, I will dunk in him!!!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Could be a tough year...
Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:So the channel that has been pumping college football to a UK audience for the last few years will cease to exist by July 31st. 'ESPN America' provided us with 4-5 games a week, sometimes more. Now... nothing.

    Absolutely devastated.

    Maybe some useful information may be gleaned from this?

    Chip wrote:BT Sport Take Over ESPN UK Rights
    It's clearly been on the cards for sometime, but now it's official:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21577676

    This move also incorporates the ESPN America channel.


    Hope it helps,
    BillA
    Never use a quiet tool, when a loud one will do
    User avatar
    Bill Assumpcao
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 402
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 am
    Location: Port Angeles, WA


Re: Could be a tough year...
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am
  • Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope a viable alternative emerges for you
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2542
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Could be a tough year...
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:41 am
  • Bill Assumpcao wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:So the channel that has been pumping college football to a UK audience for the last few years will cease to exist by July 31st. 'ESPN America' provided us with 4-5 games a week, sometimes more. Now... nothing.

    Absolutely devastated.

    Maybe some useful information may be gleaned from this?

    Chip wrote:BT Sport Take Over ESPN UK Rights
    It's clearly been on the cards for sometime, but now it's official:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21577676

    This move also incorporates the ESPN America channel.


    Hope it helps,
    BillA


    Hi Bill,

    Over here we had ESPN and ESPN America, two separate channels. ESPN basically showed a lot of soccer and rugby, while ESPN America had College Football, College hoops etc. BT bought both channels but it's since been revealed ESPN America will close. So what everyone is waiting to find out is whether BT will put college football on the other channel. They might do. But it's almost certain it won't be as much, if any.

    Plus BT are trying to muscle in on a TV market dominated by SKY. I am a SKY subscriber and will continue to be because of the NFL coverage. In the end I'm probably going to have to buy the online ESPN College Game Pass for a few months a year if I want to watch CFB. Not ideal because it doesn't include CBS games and CBS = SEC.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8163
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Could be a tough year...
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:52 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Tired of that little shit all over my Facebook feed, I will dunk in him!!!


    Really? Just lost a lot of respect for you. ;)
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4196
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am




It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests