Straight up beauty!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The angle of that picture makes it look you'll have to buckle into a seat belt during the game because you're going to fall into the field if you don't.

Also, that stadium is still stuck in the '70s. Yeah I said it.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":11p0vrcx said:
The angle of that picture makes it look you'll have to buckle into a seat belt during the game because you're going to fall into the field if you don't.

Your mamma!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Throwdown":2d0hsbth said:
Sarlacc83":2d0hsbth said:

Your mamma...

...Wouldn't be caught dead in that architectural monstrosity.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2uyi7435 said:
I got season tickets. I got season tickets. I got season tickets. I got season tickets.

I'm sorry. Hopefully you at least mix in some home Seahawk games as well!

kearly

Reaction score
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the old stadium have one end open enough to see the lake? It looks like this new stadium is totally closed off. That sucks.

Sarlacc83":1lq0nkgs said:

The 60s and 70s were not kind to architecture. It took just a few years for that architecture style to look old and dated. I wasn't expecting a new look for Husky Stadium, but had they done so it would have been a pleasant surprise.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any reason why stadiums in America usually have minimal or no cover? In England every stadium is built with a roof. Is it just tradition?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3rl6evk1 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any reason why stadiums in America usually have minimal or no cover? In England every stadium is built with a roof. Is it just tradition?

Probably cost. But there is also a history behind it.

Early on, when the game was much smaller, it was typical for college playing fields to be little more than excavated bowls in the ground. Over the decades, rather than foot a massive construction bill -- schools would modify the existing architecture.

There is also a traditional expectation of playing the game 'in the elements'. That has endured even as football programs have become big enough revenue producers to be capable of financing a complete rebuild of their stadiums. Although the economic environment today would never support such an undertaking now. Not even at the top public institutions.

I'd say lots of factors have played a part. Tradition may be be a minor aspect of it, but enough to influence it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2l1gc6jc said:

That's an easy one, most of the stadium's in America are built for a mans game. In england not so much. :sarcasm_off:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":293s5sc4 said:

We're just built tougher on this side of the pond. :D

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
CPHawk":3t1c5lbf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3t1c5lbf said:

That's an easy one, most of the stadium's in America are built for a mans game. In england not so much. :sarcasm_off:

He walked right into that

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":39oz7b78 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":39oz7b78 said:

Ahhh that old chestnut...

8)

Terry Butcher 006

a-bloodied-george-north-battles-on-717275187.jpg

[youtube]8NvE4P6Z3rA[/youtube]

Tom Brady Ugg Slippers

Hawkspur

Reaction score
You forgot to mention Buck Shelford (see my avatar) who lacerated his scrotum mid-game, causing a testicle to 'drop out' as it were, only to go to the sideline, have it sewn back in and, 5 minutes later, carry on with the game.

And as fir soccer, I generally agree with the standard American belief that they are prone to being pansies, but many of the most gruseome sports injuries I have ever seen have been some of the snapped ankles I've seen on the soccer field.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2997y1y2 said:
And as fir soccer, I generally agree with the standard American belief that they are prone to being pansies, but many of the most gruseome sports injuries I have ever seen have been some of the snapped ankles I've seen on the soccer field.

Anyone who thinks football (or as you ridiculously call it, "soccer") is for pansies, hasn't played the game. Or at least hasn't played it outside of the States. The definitive man's game.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2t8ata4x said:
Hawkspur":2t8ata4x said:

Anyone who thinks football (or as you ridiculously call it, "soccer") is for pansies, hasn't played the game. Or at least hasn't played it outside of the States. The definitive man's game.

'Definitive man's game' is hyperbole and completely objective, but I agree with most of your post. Reading mine back I should have written acting like pansies rather than being pansies, because the playacting that often accompanies physical contact, or near physical contact can be laughable and offputting. The fact is though, that you need to be incredibly fit and strong to be any good at soccer (sic - we're on an American 'football' forum with Americans, who call it soccer, so whatever) and that you are always at risk of an often serious leg injury.

Latest posts