My draft scenario nightmare I keep having.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This is my personal nightmare as a Ducks and Seahawks fan. But I think also should worry you as just a Seahawk fan.

The Rams select Marcus Mariota, to replace Bradford, with the pick from the Redskins which i'm guessing will be around 10. They then select De'Anthony Thomas with their own pick, around 20th.

With the defense they already have and some of the weapons they already have I think this would make them a legit Super Bowl contender (although they would need to find a power running back as well). It would be the fastest show on turf 2.0, twice as fast as the original.

Hopefully Mariota stays for one more year though, I think its about 50/50 on him going pro. DAT I think its about 90% he'll turn pro.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I like our guys. Let them go "Duck-wild" in the draft if they want. I want ASJ in a Seahawks Jersey next year. Go Dawgs!

jhawk91

Reaction score
Would the rams want yet another small guy like Thomas? I haven't seen much of Tavon Austin but I'm guessing Thomas would be a better version of him? And is Mariota ready for the pros (as far as schemes and what not)?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Austin is more of a WR, DAT is more of a RB. In both cases their main position could just be called: Touchdown maker.

Mariota is the 23rd rated prospect by Kiper. I hope he comes back and think he could benefit from coming back, but he'll be fine in the pro's. Collin Kaepernick 2.0 without the douche factor.

I doubt the Rams would really do this draft, but imo, they'd be smart to. It being my "draft nightmare" also has to do with me being a Ducks fan, as it would suck having 2 of my favorite players playing on the Rams. Already sucks bad enough having LaMichael James on the 49ers.

cover-2

Reaction score
I occasionally check out our divisional rivals message boards and the Rams fans seem fairly happy with Bradford. It's their offense line and running game that seem to be the hot button issue with their team. The Rams have Isaiah Pead who is that quick/fast scat RB along with (WR) Tavon Austin, so I don't know if De'Anthony Thomas would be on their radar. They are also complaining about Cortland Finnegan so the could very well take a CB in the 1st round. Their team needs seem to be RT, CB, RB, S, OG, and DT.
If the draft were today my nightmare draft would be the following,

1st round: Michigan (OT) Taylor Lewan - Lewan would start day 1 at RT filling the departure of the oft injured Rodger Saffold.
1st round: Alabama (FS) HaHa Clinton-Dix - HaHa paired with (SS) TJ McDonald would give the Rams a young athletic tandem in the back end of the secondary.
2nd round: Baylor (RB) Lache Seastrunk - Seastrunk should be able to win the starting job as a rookie to be an workhorse type of RB that they currently don't have.

cover-2

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pnm4g66 said:
isn't Seastrunk the one that got Oregon in "trouble"?

I don't know that I would put it that way. Oregon got Oregon in trouble, but Seastrunk was the big time recruit that was part of Oregon's recruiting violations.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Chip Kelly might make sure Mariota goes east. I don't think he is going to be all that anyway, I would sleep easy if the Rams took him.

And Mamba is not going to STL. They don't need two of those guys.

I would be far more worried about STL taking a good corner and a good safety. And in the 2nd, a good running back.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I hope the Rams do this.

Mariota to me wouldn't be an upgrade on Bradford IMO and why draft Thomas when you have Austin?

Would be two wasted picks IMO.

cesame

Reaction score
I don't buy Mariota leaving this year. He still has to grow up/mature a little bit and be more vocal. Not ready to lead a NFL huddle.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
cesame":1ovx3x8a said:
I don't buy Mariota leaving this year. He still has to grow up/mature a little bit and be more vocal. Not ready to lead a NFL huddle.

I don't think Oregon fans want to give him up (Note: That is a compliment.. he is quite good)... Who is waiting to replace him anyhow?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1qhcdf4h said:
cesame":1qhcdf4h said:

I don't think Oregon fans want to give him up (Note: That is a compliment.. he is quite good)... Who is waiting to replace him anyhow?

We've got two guys: Jeff Lockie (not a great athlete compared to what we're used to but really smart with the football and really accurate) and Jake Rodriguez (who is a freak athlete, with a cannon for an arm, linebacker size and really good speed but who is not always safe with the ball... he's actually a lot like Cyler Miles athletically). Lockie won the backup job coming out of camp but Rodriguez has WAY more upside and I think he'll likely end up being next in line.

Both would be good QB's that the Ducks can win with imo, but neither would be close to Mariota's level of play.

HawkWow

Reaction score
cesame":13p1xqcb said:

Agreed. Another year would work wonders for Mariota. Not that it matters (a ton) but he'd likely be the frontrunner for Heisman as well. What would matter would be a Natty under his belt. If they don't get it this year (and I think they will), next year provides another opportunity. Many reasons for Mariota to stay at OU.

PLUS; With the rookie salary cap, Mariota would likely be taking a pay cut to turn pro, anyway. ; )

chris98251

Reaction score
Would not be surprised to see Kelly make a move for him really, Vick is getting hurt every game and Foles isn't his type of guy, Kelly doesn't seem to mind shaking the world by the tail so making a Hershel Walker type trade to get his guy may not be beyond question.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Chip needs a defense too. I would imagine he could pick up a lower round QB and get himself some top defensive talent.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I find it funny how overlooked OU's defensive talent is. Every year another OU offensive guy is selected and is MEH, yet 3 guys from D are drafted and are studs.

Kelly needs a D upgrade in the worst way. The reason OU can run the offence they have is because their D can be on the field all the damn time. Eagles D, scrot lickers.

Mariota does what his Mommy says, just like when he wanted to go to UW and she said you are going to OU. If she says degree he'll stay. Just like Polk's Mommy said to him. He is a stud but I think he ends up not translating like the OU QB's before him, although he does seem like a great kid so I hope he works out.

Nightmare Draft scenario for me would be more like the rams selecting ASJ or Colt Lyerla and Cameron Erving or Jake Mathews
All of a sudden they can give there QB time and have a legit blocking, catching, athletic TE to create space for T. Austin, yikes

And Just for the record "GO Dawgs"

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
OU is Oklahoma. UO is Oregon. That aside I agree that St. Louis taking ASJ would be a nightmare.

cover-2

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":27ju948q said:
I find it funny how overlooked OU's defensive talent is. Every year another OU offensive guy is selected and is MEH, yet 3 guys from D are drafted and are studs.

Kelly needs a D upgrade in the worst way. The reason OU can run the offence they have is because their D can be on the field all the damn time. Eagles D, scrot lickers.

Mariota does what his Mommy says, just like when he wanted to go to UW and she said you are going to OU. If she says degree he'll stay. Just like Polk's Mommy said to him. He is a stud but I think he ends up not translating like the OU QB's before him, although he does seem like a great kid so I hope he works out.

Nightmare Draft scenario for me would be more like the rams selecting ASJ or Colt Lyerla and Cameron Erving or Jake Mathews
All of a sudden they can give there QB time and have a legit blocking, catching, athletic TE to create space for T. Austin, yikes

And Just for the record "GO Dawgs"

The Rams already have a couple good TE's in Jared Cook and Lance Kendricks. Jared Cook is a freak athlete for the TE position and so doubt they would draft Lyerla or any of the athletic TE's in the draft. Maybe ASJ could be an option for them, but again with Cook already on the roster ASJ would be more of a luxury pick for them.

Since we are talking about Oregon players, I would put Oregon offensive center Hroniss Grasu on the list of Duck players I don't want to go to the Rams. I read he was the Duck's offensive lineman of the year. The Rams are set at OC but maybe they could ask Grasu to play OG.

CPHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3hqz58pm said:
I hope the Rams do this.

Mariota to me wouldn't be an upgrade on Bradford IMO and why draft Thomas when you have Austin?

Would be two wasted picks IMO.

To be fair you also said Kiko wouldn't be a good NFL LB.