Stanford vs Arizona State

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Having a tough time predicting this game.

Stanford hasn't looked great so far this year but they havn't really had too. I'm tempted to take ASU on the upset, but I think Stanford wins it. Something like 38-28.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I am with you with on an ASU upset. For selfish reasons though, that puts an L in Stanford's conference standings at the start of conference play for them. :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
Whatever the outcome, as long as it doesn't drop Stanford in the polls, I'll be happy. With us having about a 3% chance of winning the North (anyway) an ASU win wouldn't serve the Dawgs as well as a Stanford blow-out. I think poll position, in this case, supercedes Pac position.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Stanford's gotta have the worst fan base in the pac 12.

They're a top 5 team, playing a pac 12 game against a top 25 team and their stadium is only about half full. I know recruits go there for the education, but I don't know why they'd want to go play in that environment.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Damn...talk about disrespect. Watching the Stanford game, the trailer running at the bottom of the screen has UW listed as WSU. I sh*t you not. Heads should roll.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2uy2ac7e said:
Stanford's gotta have the worst fan base in the pac 12.

They're a top 5 team, playing a pac 12 game against a top 25 team and their stadium is only about half full. I know recruits go there for the education, but I don't know why they'd want to go play in that environment.

Asian chicks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Both teams ranked way too high (IMO). I just hope the Cardinal can keep the farce alive until the Dawgs roll into town. IF they maintain their gifted status until then, a win over them should have us inching towards the 10 spot. Then we just need some bad sushi to hit the dining room tables at Oregon the following Friday night and......

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ey5f79w said:
Both teams ranked way too high (IMO). I just hope the Cardinal can keep the farce alive until the Dawgs roll into town. IF they maintain their gifted status until then, a win over them should have us inching towards the 10 spot. Then we just need some bad sushi to hit the dining room tables at Oregon the following Friday night and......

I don't know about all that. Stanfords Defense is one of the top 2 or 3 in the country. Including SEC teams. I think they deserve their ranking.

But they will have a hard time scoring with teams like UO or UW if those teams get their offenses going (which isn't a guarantee against these guys).

HawkWow

Reaction score
They are definitely good, but as you suggest, this is college ball. Only a handful of college teams go long without a good offense to match their good defense. I won't be surprised if Stanford struggles next week at WSU and proceeds to lose no less than 3 games before the post. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Stanford offense impressive against ASU. But unsure how good ASU's D is (at this point).

I hate the Cardinal.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The key for either UW or UO playing Stanford will be getting a 10 point lead on them. If they're allowed to stay in their comfort zone and play blow to blow for sixty minutes, they'll be very tough to beat. But I don't think they have the chops to be much of a come from behind type team.

As seen in this game, they definitely have the ability to completely blow up offensive lines.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
WSU looks a lot better than they have in recent years. I expect them to pull off a few shockers, although in their USC game... I think they caught USC with their pants down and a poor game plan on top of the QB debacle.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ok, can I change my OP prediction?

Stanford looks like same old Stanford, but better. ASU being embarrassed. Stanford's front 7 on defense wrecks O'lines.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ieffd0dv said:
The key for either UW or UO playing Stanford will be getting a 10 point lead on them. If they're allowed to stay in their comfort zone and play blow to blow for sixty minutes, they'll be very tough to beat. But I don't think they have the chops to be much of a come from behind type team.

As seen in this game, they definitely have the ability to completely blow up offensive lines.

Not a team you want to fall behind on, that's for sure. I think Oregon demos them but the Dawgs will have to drastically cut down on the penalties to stand a chance (@Stanford).

I can't watch this anymore.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":30ul4hpj said:
WSU looks a lot better than they have in recent years. I expect them to pull off a few shockers, although in their USC game... I think they caught USC with their pants down and a poor game plan on top of the QB debacle.

I liken Kiffin to Harbaugh and both of these social rejects are imploding their respective teams. ; )

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13rwz4ig said:
Ok, can I change my OP prediction?

Stanford looks like same old Stanford, but better. ASU being embarrassed. Stanford's front 7 on defense wrecks O'lines.

Agreed. I am looking forward to UW playing these guys!