After a 4-0 UW Start, Lets remember...

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
For my fellow Dawg fans... The dark days have been too long.. But lets not forget Mr James (especially when he is battling for his life) and the way Huskies have played football, and what we accomplished in our day. #ShowYourW #BownDown #GoHuskies! May these days come again! :thirishdrinkers:

[youtube]uXPl26ZzrEQ[/youtube]

Note: This is not a 49er 5 golden rings post... This is a post to celebrate the rebirth of the Dawgs with fans. :thirishdrinkers:

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm a huge dawg fan, however I like to keep it real. We've played 4 bad teams (3 at home) and looked very unimpressive in 3 of those 4. Still TO's, still too many penalties, still poor playcalling.
I'll believe sark is the guy when he beats someone of note on the road, unless it's Oregon at home.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think we're looking at 9 most, anything less and sark needs to be canned

HawkWow

Reaction score
There is no team I hate more than Stanford (thanks to the *untish Bill Walsh). They are as classless today as they were under his (2nd) watch in 92. Then it was punkass Harbaugh and now Frikin' Shaw. Passing on 3rd and 3 with 7 minutes left in a blow out over the lowly Cougs? Shaw is a very small man.

I couldn't give a ratsass about the Ducks. I just want to beat Stanford....IF I had a choice, I'd prefer to beat Stanford. You Ducks have never really harmed us. You mean as little to us as we mean to you. You have been riding the Phil Knight gravy train and still unable to get it done.

UW got it done.

Call it ancient history all you'd like...but the operative word is "history". When you Ducks make some, we may decide to find you relevant. But not until. If you're going to be arrogant, have something to be arrogant about... or you just look silly.

EDIT: Why is this relevant to this thread? If you're a Dawg fan, you shouldn't have to ask.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Guys this was about celebrating the Dawgs being relevant. Share some memories! Not stats...

davidonmi

Reaction score
HawkWow":8bwrbzy4 said:
There is no team I hate more than Stanford (thanks to the *untish Bill Walsh). They are as classless today as they were under his (2nd) watch in 92. Then it was punkass Harbaugh and now Frikin' Shaw. Passing on 3rd and 3 with 7 minutes left in a blow out over the lowly Cougs? Shaw is a very small man.

I couldn't give a ratsass about the Ducks. I just want to beat Stanford....IF I had a choice, I'd prefer to beat Stanford. You Ducks have never really harmed us. You mean as little to us as we mean to you. You have been riding the Phil Knight gravy train and still unable to get it done.

UW got it done.

Call it ancient history all you'd like...but the operative word is "history". When you Ducks make some, we may decide to find you relevant. But not until. If you're going to be arrogant, have something to be arrogant about... or you just look silly.

EDIT: Why is this relevant to this thread? If you're a Dawg fan, you shouldn't have to ask.
I like Stanford, the exact opposite of UW. Doesn't talk, doesn't market, just gets the job done

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
They are more about academics than football. Fans dont even flock to the farm. Not the point of the thread though. :(

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkWow":1m4q1af2 said:

UW got it done.

You sound like a Niners fan. If this is your logic, tell me you believe that SF's championships and our lack thereof make us 'irrelevant' to them currently.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
jkitsune":21zdi70v said:
HawkWow":21zdi70v said:

UW got it done.

You sound like a Niners fan. If this is your logic, tell me you believe that SF's championships and our lack thereof make us 'irrelevant' to them currently.

This is why we cant have nice things. :(

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":er29b33w said:
They are more about academics than football. Fans dont even flock to the farm. Not the point of the thread though. :(
What a weird thing for an institution of higher education to be about.

pehawk

Reaction score
Pretty safe top say, the Dawgs run the cleanest program in the conference. That's not saying the other programs are dirty, but I've heard stories that Sark goes to extreme, well below measures.

Just saying for those of you saying "Stanfrod does it the right way".

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1fquzwhi said:
CallMeADawg":1fquzwhi said:
Alabama isn't back to back #1 in that though :)

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1qc23cs1 said:
CallMeADawg":1qc23cs1 said:

As they should. :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":3r3r79fo said:
HawkWow":3r3r79fo said:

UW got it done.

It's not up to me to educate you about football. Do a little research and you'll learn there's quite a bit of difference between college and pro. When was the last time SF was put on probation and had scholarships removed, allowing their rivals to sneak into their rightful spot atop the division? I sound like a 49er fan? LMAO, you sound like a homer that doesn't know much outside of that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BTW, my initial rant in this thread was the product of Duck fans trying to piss on our (little) parade immediately following a rare 4-0 UW start. We know you guys are currently better than us. Bullying a lesser team and it's fanbase, is pretty distasteful, IMO, regardless of the rivalry. These are kids were talking about, not pros.

If Oregon wants to be known as the "class of the conference", they need to show some, first. Why not jump over to the Browns forum, having just won 2 in a row, and remind them they're not going anywhere, either. I have only praised Oregon's football team and actually hoped for their success but they need to learn there's winning, then there's winning gracefully.

HawkWow

Reaction score
davidonmi":2b2twwzd said:
HawkWow":2b2twwzd said:

UW got it done.

I like Stanford, the exact opposite of UW. Doesn't talk, doesn't market, just gets the job done

They get the "job done"? What "job" is it they get "done"? They are less than .500 in bowl wins and haven't won the natty in like 90 years. Maybe they'd do more talking if they had something to talk about.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkWow":1dt93iyg said:
jkitsune":1dt93iyg said:
HawkWow":1dt93iyg said:

UW got it done.

It's not up to me to educate you about football. Do a little research and you'll learn there's quite a bit of difference between college and pro. When was the last time SF was put on probation and had scholarships removed, allowing their rivals to sneak into their rightful spot atop the division? I sound like a 49er fan? LMAO, you sound like a homer that doesn't know much outside of that.

If you can't see why I would compare you to a Niners fan, then it's not worth the effort of trying to explain it. 'We may decide to find [Oregon] relevant?' Please.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkWow":4ce33a0g said:
davidonmi":4ce33a0g said:
HawkWow":4ce33a0g said:

UW got it done.

They get the "job done"? What "job" is it they get "done"? They are less than .500 in bowl wins and haven't won the natty in like 90 years. Maybe they'd do more talking if they had something to talk about.

Funny, from the way you talk, one might think that Oregon was the one who made it to 0 bowl games from 2003 to 2009 and has only won 1 bowl game in the past 10 years.

jhern87

Reaction score
HawkWow":3jxqr2nk said:
BTW, my initial rant in this thread was the product of Duck fans trying to piss on our (little) parade immediately following a rare 4-0 UW start. We know you guys are currently better than us. Bullying a lesser team and it's fanbase, is pretty distasteful, IMO, regardless of the rivalry. These are kids were talking about, not pros.

If Oregon wants to be known as the "class of the conference", they need to show some, first. Why not jump over to the Browns forum, having just won 2 in a row, and remind them they're not going anywhere, either. I have only praised Oregon's football team and actually hoped for their success but they need to learn there's winning, then there's winning gracefully.

Really because re-reading this thread it looks like you were responding to a post that started "I'm a huge dawg fan, however.." :?

And Oregon has never "harmed" you? By my count this year would make a decade straight of "harming".

And nobody is bullying anybody. It's typical sports talk (most of which is referencing the Huskies recent struggles). And nobody has verbally attacked any of the athletes either, so I don't really get your issue. What's the saying? "if you can't take the heat then get out the kitchen"