Any WR's you like in this draft?

BamKam

Reaction score
I don't see us keeping Rice and we need a bigger WR, we have enough small shifty ones. I would love to get Mike Evans but I doubt he drops far enough to us.

If he comes out, I think Kasen Williams in the 3rd round or so would be a GREAT get. He is a Seahawk type of player, extremely physical.

cover-2

Reaction score
If you want the best combination of size, speed, and physicality then Florida St (WR) Kelvin Benjamin is intriguing. He is 6-5 235 lbs, he is only a red-shirt sophomore and has been a bit disappointing so far this year (one of the games I watched of him this year coming out of the huddle he had to ask his freshman QB where to line up). But, if he were to declare he would be available late in the 1st due to his minimal production and maybe maturity issues.

[youtube]RY3IviZeT8I[/youtube]

Someone on here mentioned Penn St Allen Robinson, who has a good comination of size and speed (6-3 210 lbs). Late 1st or 2nd round prospect.

[youtube]GCJlXX8QlCw[/youtube]

OR, if you want to go ultra athletic TE that we could just flex out wide most of the time, like Rams TE Jared Cook, then here are a couple of TE's that are freak athletes.

UNC TE Eric Ebron 6-4 245 lbs, is only a junior but is a 1st round athlete. Great speed for his size and very good body control.
[youtube]UTUfBK9tmgE[/youtube]

And of course Oregon TE Colt Lyerla 6-5 250 lbs, is only a junior who is currently in the new head coach's dog house. Freak athlete, who is ultra competive and very physical with the ball in his hands. Lines up all over the field. He needs to go to the right team that can coddle him a bit, and the Seahawks are a very secure tight team that would be his best landing spot in the NFL.

[youtube]xgqbrR8FOYI[/youtube]

Small school mini playmaker is Kent St Dri Archer. He is only 5-8 178 lbs, but he is a playmaking stud. He could be compared to KC do everything Dexter McLuster or Rams WR Tavon Austin. Archer would instantly be the fastest player on our roster, yes faster than Harvin.

[youtube]hMHo1j8fDns[/youtube]

There are a handful of other mid-round prospects that I like, but I don't know how much a mid-round WR would be able to contribute on our team next year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Kasen Williams. Should he declare (I hope he don't). Kasen would complement Harvin ridiculously well and block his ass off for him, too. Cut Rice, pay Tate and draft Kasen.

Think about that group of receivers for a minute: Harvin, Tate, Kearse, Baldwin and Williams. Redundant? Not the way this team uses receivers. All high energy guys with sure hands, willing to get dirty. What's not to love?

cover-2

Reaction score
HawkWow":2d4qdauz said:
Kasen Williams. Should he declare (I hope he don't). Kasen would complement Harvin ridiculously well and block his ass off for him, too. Cut Rice, pay Tate and draft Kasen.

Think about that group of receivers for a minute: Harvin, Tate, Kearse, Baldwin and Williams. Redundant? Not the way this team uses receivers. All high energy guys with sure hands, willing to get dirty. What's not to love?

Baldwin is a free agent after this year and I don't see us re-signing him. No Baldwin and no Rice. Kasen is a nice player and fits the size and toughness that coach Carroll likes, but Kasen is just a possession WR. He is not explosive, and I personally would like to get more speed along with some toughness. It really just matters what attributes do you want to add to our WR core next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kearse takes Rice place, Baldwin is a go to guy for Wilson, I think he is kept with Tate.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Paul Richardson from Colorado. He's a bit on the skinny side, but the kid can flat out ball.

HawkWow

Reaction score
cover-2":3c81btlx said:
HawkWow":3c81btlx said:

Baldwin is a free agent after this year and I don't see us re-signing him. No Baldwin and no Rice. Kasen is a nice player and fits the size and toughness that coach Carroll likes, but Kasen is just a possession WR. He is not explosive, and I personally would like to get more speed along with some toughness. It really just matters what attributes do you want to add to our WR core next year.

You may be right, but I think Baldwin will be retained. There's teams looking at him, I'm certain, but how much more will they be willing to pay and will that additional money be enough to pull him away from Seattle and RW? If the answer is yes...I'd just as soon have Kasen Williams. He too makes the beautiful sideline catches and while not a burner, will present more of a threat than DB. Plus...he's the blocker we need to get the most out of Percy Harvin, IMO. Kasen is taking pride in his blocking and that is becoming a rarity, even though at the same time that facet is becoming a necessity.

Anyone have an opinion on what rd Kasen would likely go? My emotional attachment to the guy prevents me from forming an honest opinion. I'm thinking 4th and that is what I am basing this desire to draft him on. IF we could get Kasen for 4th rd money, I'd be less concerned about DB exiting.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Baldwin is Mr Reliable. He's on pace for almost 1000 yards. I don't think we let him go

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Odell Beckham is my favorite target. Has awesome speed, big hands, natural separation skills. I think he's a better version of Deandre Hopkins, as he's faster and I think his game translates really well/quickly.

Regarding Kasen; I think he's going to have to put on weight and become an H back. He's really slow and I can't see him being able to separate from NFL DBs. Could be a monster as a Marcel Reese type though. He's a good college WR, but man I can't get over the lack of explosion. I think he's a mid rounder (Mohammed Sanu type).

HawkWow

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":2g7yidah said:
Odell Beckham is my favorite target. Has awesome speed, big hands, natural separation skills. I think he's a better version of Deandre Hopkins, as he's faster and I think his game translates really well/quickly.

Regarding Kasen; I think he's going to have to put on weight and become an H back. He's really slow and I can't see him being able to separate from NFL DBs. Could be a monster as a Marcel Reese type though. He's a good college WR, but man I can't get over the lack of explosion. I think he's a mid rounder (Mohammed Sanu type).

Not arguing because speed is somewhat subjective (there's fast and then there's quick) but 4.5 at 220 isn't exactly slow. What I like most about Kasen (along with LSU, Oklahoma, U-dub and Florida) is he's one of the best athletes in the country. You can't have enough guys like that on a football field, IMO.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
cover-2":3exgp8oz said:

Baldwins restricted. He will be re-signed.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm glad somebody else likes Odell Beckham too.

The best player in college football that nobody talks about. He will walk into the NFL and have an impact.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not sure how he doesn't get more publicity. Despite not having the prototypical #1 WR body type, I think he's a legit #1 NFL WR. He still has good size and a really explosive second gear in his breaks/routes. I honestly see a more explosive Deandre Hopkins with top notch return ability. If Kendall Wright can go in the mid 1st round, not sure why Beckham can't be a top 20 pick.

He's not AJ Green or Julio Jones, but I think he can be a good player on Day 1. I'd love to see Seattle cut bait with Rice next year and target Beckham. Great bloodlines too.

You know much about his "perceived character"?

theENGLISHseahawk":5sefofom said:
I'm glad somebody else likes Odell Beckham too.

The best player in college football that nobody talks about. He will walk into the NFL and have an impact.

cover-2

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1wvc0gd0 said:
Baldwin is our best WR. Why would we not sign him?

I don't think that is as definitive as you seem to think. I like Baldwin, but I don't see us paying two slot WR's, the other being Harvin, when we are not a spread offense (4 WR sets). There seem to be a number of people that think Tate is our best WR and is a must re-sign after this season. Maybe Kearse could be thought of as potentially our best WR if given more playing time.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There are a lot of good WRs in this pool. Getting quality even in the late second round shouldn't be hard.

In particular, there are a lot of bigger (6'2"+) wrs crowding the list. Very good outside receiver talent. Lots of versatile talent with special teams quality too.

We could see 8-9 WRs go in the first two rounds. Even without a marquee headliner.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":5f0ef8s0 said:
You know much about his "perceived character"?

No reported issues and doesn't give off a 'punk' or 'diva' vibe during interview. Seems fairly humble and well spoken.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see Kasen Williams as a #1 guy, nothing about Kasen Williams says "stud" to me.

drrew

Reaction score
Throwdown":2h9qohae said:
I don't see Kasen Williams as a #1 guy, nothing about Kasen Williams says "stud" to me.

For all of his really incredible athletic prowess, there seems to be a suddenness missing from Kasen's game. He's going to have to become an extremely high level route runner to succeed at the next level.

I'd be interested to hear what English thinks of Kevin Smith. I didn't realize he was only 5'11 because he plays much bigger, but I failed to find a successful NFL received at a similar height/weight combo.