WR early next year?

ErikG803

Reaction score
Obviously much talk has been about the OL, and deservedly so. But now with the news of Rice going down (and most likely being cut next year considering his salary), and Tate and Baldwin being FAs, one would imagine that WR might be an early target for the Hawks in next year's draft.

Who do you guys like to potentially stick on the outside with Tate (I hope) while Harvin plays in the slot?

The guy who continually blows me away on Saturdays is Mike Evans, though I'm guessing he's a pipedream unless we want to make a Julio Jones style move for him. After that who do you guys like? Take a chance on Marqise Lee? Is Brandon Williams still a darling on here? Kasen Williams has always struck me as a guy who will be better in the NFL, would he be an acceptable replacement for most of you?

Him in the 2-3 range strikes me as the best move (or Coleman) and allows us to hopefully boost up the OL with our first rounder.

What do you guys think?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nope, big receiving TE please. We have quite a few decent WRs on this team but we need another TE because Zach is getting up there and after him there's only Willson.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3rfwlv89 said:
Nope, big receiving TE please. We have quite a few decent WRs on this team but we need another TE because Zach is getting up there and after him there's only Willson.

I'd just sign a cheaper UFA blocking TE and continue to develop Willson. Also, McCoy can return next year. TE is urgent need now, but getting less so as Luke improves. I suspect TE won't be on the day 1 or 2 radar. I'm comfortable with that line of thinking.

Willson has to be considered a hit already. The process will play out this season. I think we will be satisfied by years' end.

cover-2

Reaction score
Right now I'm high on Penn St WR Allen Robinson as a late 1st round option for us. At 6-3 210 lbs he has the size that Pete likes at WR. Good speed, good at getting yards after the catch and a nice at winning the jump ball.
Td score original
071513 600 allen robinson penn state

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
cover-2":ilpr3zxm said:
Right now I'm high on Penn St WR Allen Robinson as a late 1st round option for us. At 6-3 210 lbs he has the size that Pete likes at WR. Good speed, good at getting yards after the catch and a nice at winning the jump ball.
Td score original

Agreed. I've been banging the drum for Robinson all year. He'd be an excellent option in an early/mid 2nd round "pocket of talent" scenario.

Looking at the talent, I think it will be hard to project him in round 1. But I can see him being one of those guys you look back on and say "We reached for xxx player when Allen Robinson was still on the board".

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ooooo I hadn't seen Allen Robinson yet. Dude looks built.

*googles highlights now*

Dude's got speed.

cover-2

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":zb3s1z7j said:
cover-2":zb3s1z7j said:
Td score original

Agreed. I've been banging the drum for Robinson all year. He'd be an excellent option in an early/mid 2nd round "pocket of talent" scenario.

Looking at the talent, I think it will be hard to project him in round 1. But I can see him being one of those guys you look back on and say "We reached for xxx player when Allen Robinson was still on the board".

Yeah, I think you were the one that had first brought my attention to him. The last few weeks Robinson has been near the top of my must scout list, so I have gotten a look at a couple of his games. Too bad he has a true freashman QB leading Penn St.'s offense, otherwise he might be a little bit more of a household name. I think his draft stock is just going to go up as the season goes along and the all-star games are played.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Last year Brandon Coleman was everyones boy......still the case?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3qndk5nc said:
Last year Brandon Coleman was everyones boy......still the case?

No. Injuries and qb issues have dropped his stock considerably. He may not declare as a result.

drrew

Reaction score
I would save the draft pick and do whatever possible to sign Duron Carter. He's killing the CFL for the Montreal Alouettes and he's clearly head and shoulders better than who he's playing against.

He's Cris Carters son, 6'5 205lbs, runs a 4.5-4.6, so not a burner. Played sparingly at Ohio State, flunked out, attended Alabama, flunked out, attended Florida Atlantic, flunked out. He's apparently not a bad kid, just could not his grades together.

He'll be signed this offseason, he has number one receiver upside, and hopefully its he Hawks who grab him.

cover-2

Reaction score
drrew":3qe7o76c said:
I would save the draft pick and do whatever possible to sign Duron Carter. He's killing the CFL for the Montreal Alouettes and he's clearly head and shoulders better than who he's playing against.

He's Cris Carters son, 6'5 205lbs, runs a 4.5-4.6, so not a burner. Played sparingly at Ohio State, flunked out, attended Alabama, flunked out, attended Florida Atlantic, flunked out. He's apparently not a bad kid, just could not his grades together.

He'll be signed this offseason, he has number one receiver upside, and hopefully its he Hawks who grab him.

Intriguing player to bring in to camp next year, but kind its kind of crazy to pass on 1st round talent WR because you bring in the best CFL WR.
Here is a highlight of one of his TD's; http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/91809

drrew

Reaction score
cover-2":u8f9nbzw said:
Intriguing player to bring in to camp next year, but kind its kind of crazy to pass on 1st round talent WR because you bring in the best CFL WR.
Here is a highlight of one of his TD's; http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/91809

I think he has 1st round talent and has the size the receiving core lacks. That being said, if Schneider targets a WR early, I'm not going to be upset.