Washington State vs Arizona State

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Way to represent Coug fans! Stands about 1/8th full for a national ESPN game.

*edit* I guess its not quite as bad as it first looked. Endzones fans are pretty sparce, but looks pretty full between the 20's.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
25% of the season ticket holders travel over 250 miles to home games, thursday games are tough to get to. Disappointing nonetheless though.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Ok, standard first quarter event, Connor Halliday overthrows a wide open receiver on a play that would've been a sure touchdown.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":zv1n6x11 said:
Ok, standard first quarter event, Connor Halliday overthrows a wide open receiver on a play that would've been a sure touchdown.

Now that youre a year and a half in with him, curiuos what you think about Leach? You think he's the guy to get it done?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think he's the guy who can get the program to 7-9 wins a year, I like what he's doing and that he's stirred the pot a bit there. I hate, utterly hate the "oh gee, they tried their best" Ol' Wazzu attitude. He got a lot of the lazy, entitled players that Paul Wuflf brought in out of the program, and I think its a lot healthier now.

He's recruiting well, he's assembled a real good coaching staff, and they are investing financially in the program. Can he get them to be a consistent contender for Pac 12 titles? I don't know, thats the goal, for me at least, but right now I just want to get back to being a consistent bowl team, and I know he can get there.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Agree'd. I like the direction they're heading. Places like Pullman and Corvallis its tough to be consistent conference title contenders, but bowl contention every year should be a reachable goal, plus maybe a pac 12 title every once in awhile on those special years.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Cougs are playing slow, weak and soft now. Dropped passes, no physicality, this is disgusting.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I obviously didn't buy enough beer to sit through this.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
ASU is a real good team when they are playing downhill, this is like an avalanche. Graham is doing a good job with them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":589qqnnu said:
Maybe dodging Oregon in the regular season can get us into Autzen to get murdered there in the conference championship. That would be a step forward of a type, I guess.

Team hasnt played in a truly meaningful game since I went to watch us get cheated by Ohio State in Pasadena. I'd take a champtionship game...

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Uncle Si":nmbn4nqw said:
Smelly McUgly":nmbn4nqw said:
Maybe dodging Oregon in the regular season can get us into Autzen to get murdered there in the conference championship. That would be a step forward of a type, I guess.

Team hasnt played in a truly meaningful game since I went to watch us get cheated by Ohio State in Pasadena. I'd take a champtionship game...

Oh yeah, I would take it in a second.

Every once in awhile, that game is on ESPN Classic. I watch it up to the last minute or so. I wasn't a student there until over four years later, but it still sucks.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I've seen that on ESPN Classic a few times, OSU dropped a ball in the end zone, quite obviously, and it was ruled a touchdown. Buckeyes had a monster squad that year though.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Yep, Plummer, Tillman, they had a receiver too, Lindsey Jackson?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think if they can get bowl eligible for several years, and beat up on UW in the Apple cup...that would be enuff of a beginning to get to the PAC-12 Title game. Baby steps first..then cut them off at the knees. he he he

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ugwkvct said:
Was that the Jake Plummer team? That dude was fun to watch in college.

I was at the game. Plummer was ridiculous. OSU got three PI calls on their last drive. BS. Even then we blocked the XP keeping it a 3 point game with like 30 seconds left. Plummer got us to like the OSU 40 but ran out of time.

I can say I enjoyed every second of what college football can be as a student that year. Was at home wins over the Huskies Cougars and a two OT win over USC. The shutout of Nebraska. The demolition of UofA. Then the Rose Bowl