Myles Jack, Stud Linebacker from Bellevue for UCLA

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Has over 100 yards rushing for UCLA tonight. 6 carries for 120 yards. 7 tackles and a fumble recovery.

That dude's a beast. True freshman.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3jr1r3dv said:
Yet another hometown kid that Sark missed out on.

He's one that I think the whole pac 12 is going to be pissed about missing out on. I know the Ducks were after him hard too.

His ex-Teammate Budda Baker is going to be the exact same type player. I can imagine him playing both defense and offense and excelling at both at the next level too. Its an Oregon/Washington/UCLA battle for him as well. Although 17 out of 17 "experts" on 247 sports have him Crystal Ball'd to Oregon.

http://247sports.com/Player/Budda-Baker-18436

seahawk2k

Reaction score
For whatever reason, Sark and UW have not worked the Bellevue High pipeline very well. There really seems like there are certain schools in the area that funnel the kids to UW and some that don't. Other than Hasty, Dicks and Savannah, I can't think of any studs from those teams that went to UW. Schilling left, Jack left, DeCastro left, WSU nabbed a dude this year and Ii'd be stunned if Budda Baker went to UW. Other schools, Kennedy and Odea, which always seem to have good athletes seem to push their guys to stay local or at least in state.

From what I've seen, Baker is a better athlete than Jack, which is scary to think about. Jack is an absolute stud. Mora has done a real good job building that talent base.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3bvvzn1y said:
From what I've seen, Baker is a better athlete than Jack, which is scary to think about.

I've never seen Budda play other then just highlights, but the comparison I hear from recruiting guys is our very own Earl Thomas.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Worst in state miss since DeCastro. Just proving yet again, washington state recruiting matters, and the current staff clearly doesn't emphasize it

cesame

Reaction score
I don't follow recruiting all that closely because they're just kids, but the Budda Baker guy has me legitimately excited. Hope the Ducks land him.

Any idea how the Robinson twins are looking btw?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":3vz83qe4 said:
I don't follow recruiting all that closely because they're just kids, but the Budda Baker guy has me legitimately excited. Hope the Ducks land him.

Any idea how the Robinson twins are looking btw?

Its fun following recruiting. Its a year round roller coaster. And it makes watching college football more fun because you get to know a lot of the guys that end up on other teams. The Robinsons both look like future studs. Check your PM's for more details

Btw, here's Budda going Beast Mode on a punt return:

[youtube]1nt4Nj62lzw[/youtube]

drrew

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1vfxm8ka said:
From what I've seen, Baker is a better athlete than Jack, which is scary to think about. Jack is an absolute stud. Mora has done a real good job building that talent base.

It's worth pointing out that Jack has 50lbs+ on Baker.

That's not to knock Baker who is an incredible talent, but Jack may be the best true freshman in the country.

cesame

Reaction score
Saw your pm J and there's some great info in there. Thanks for that.

I saw that Budda Baker highlight and it's impressive. Don't know exactly what it is, but Baker stands out to me for some reason. Hope the Ducks get him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw:

@buddabaker32
Official visit to Oregon This weekends coming up, CANT WAIT!! #Excited #Ducks

This is pretty huge news. He's been saying all along that he was going to wait for after the season to take his official visit. I'm glad he's going to make it during the season so he can experience Autzen energy.

drrew

Reaction score
The number one football program in the Seattle area over the last 10 years has been Bellevue, and for whatever reason, the top guys choose not to goto UW.
The number one basketball program in the Seattle area over the last 10 years has been Rainier Beach, and for whatever reason, the top guys choose not to goto UW.

Not sure is Sark and Romar don't kiss these two coaches arses enough, but it's a continuing problem in both sports.

The PNW is only going to produce so many Myles Jack//Budda Baker type players, it's demoralizing to the program to watch them go elsewhere.

zifnab32

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1h1tu336 said:
Yet another hometown kid that Sark missed out on.

He's not really a hometown guy, he grew up in Georgia. Obviously UW wanted him though.