Johnny Manziel better than Russell Wilson!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Johnny Football owes Russ a ton right now. Without RW doing what he's done, and making scouts look stupid left and right, Manziel would be getting a lot more people questioning him about his size.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I say no, simply because I don't see Manziel being half the quality person Russell Wilson is. At least the media paints this picture of him being kind of a punk, and judging from his actions this last year or two, I have to buy into that on some level. Who puts a blunt in their heisman trophy?

Maturity goes a long way in the NFL, and "Johnny Football" has a lot of growing up to do.

Entertaining football player to watch though.

OP
OP
S

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
No. Read the article, not the text in the link. It actually says Russell Wilson is no Johnny Manziel...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SeaTown81":4rnjsi6f said:
Johnny Football owes Russ a ton right now. Without RW doing what he's done, and making scouts look stupid left and right, Manziel would be getting a lot more people questioning him about his size.
How tall is he?

If he's not at least 5' 10 5/8" he can't be an NFL starting QB.

He could be a career back-up, however. :laugh:

Mojambo

Reaction score
What makes Russell Wilson special resides in his head and heart.

Frankly, I don't see it in Johnny Manziel. Not a dig at Manziel, I just don't see it in any other QB period.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
He has the physical tools to be a good quarterback, but more importantly i question his mental strength, his discipline, his dedication, etc.

In more cases than not, what makes a great quarterback great is their dedication and discipline to their craft. Being film junkies, studying their opponents and situations, and working on their skill set. Everyday. I think manziel would rather study the girls ass in the club.

Scouts also thought highly of jamarcus russell, Ryan leaf, etc

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The ONE QUOTE that entire article is based on doesn't even say that.

"If Russell Wilson can take a team to the Super Bowl, Manziel can do all that and more," said the source.

That's literally the only quote in the article.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He might actually be the love child of the old version of Cam Newton and Russell Wilson, honestly.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Johnny Football is about as immature as you'd expect a 20 year old with the world at his feet to be.

Between the Manning Passing Academy where he "overslept" and reports came out that he was hungover, taking money for autographs, kicked out of frat parties and getting arrested in 2012; it's obvious he's got some growing up to do.

RW has it all going on. He's got the athletic ability, the maturity level, the smarts. He's the consummate pro. Johnny Football sounds like all he wants to do is party and play football, and in no particular order.

Some of you may not believe this, but I believe it to be 100% true...

A kid I went to high school with went down to Florida during the summer for vacation. When he was there, and I believe it was South Beach (I could be wrong on the exact locale), he was walking down the beach and there was a large group of people hanging out, drinking, dancing, partying. He joined the group and walked to the middle of the crowd. My buddy bumped into a guy, not overly large, and apologized for running into him. The guy told him "no problem," and they struck up a conversation about the party on the beach. A couple minutes go by, and my buddy, Neil, introduces himself and the other guy introduces himself, "my name is Johnny." Neil looks at the guy for a couple seconds and says "holy cow, you're Johnny Football!" Johnny replied and said "yeah, I'm Johnny Football." They continued to make small talk until one of Johnny's friends came up and told him to "take a hit of this."

Neil looked over and Johnny's friend was holding his hand out with a line of coke. Mr. Football didn't even hesitate, leaned over and took the line. Immediately there after, Johnny and his cocaine-wielding friend took off out of the group and my buddy Neil didn't see him after that. After realizing what had happened, Neil left the crowd and proceeded to call pretty much all of his close friends telling them he met Johnny Manziel and then watched him snort a line of coke.

Hilarious.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think he'll be more like rg3 then Russell Wilson. His body is not made to take the nfl pounding. He's not only short but he's small as well. He might light the league on fire for a short while, but I think he'll flame out pretty quickly.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The only common ground Manziel and Wilson share is both are short and both are mobile.

After that, Wilson is far and away the superior talent across the board. Physically. Mentally. All of it.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Manziel needs to prove that he is coachable before he can hold a candle to Wilson. The team that signs that kid better have infinite patience!

DTexHawk

Reaction score
There's no doubt that at the same age and after 2 years of college ball, Johnny is ahead.

And just because RW has the start of a great career in the NFL doesn't mean that Johnny can't also excel at the next level.

Will Johnny be as fortunate to go to a team with a coach and system like RW has in Seattle?

We shall see in 2-3 years.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3i6dp14i said:
Manziel needs to prove that he is coachable before he can hold a candle to Wilson. The team that signs that kid better have infinite patience!

What are you using as a reason that he is not "coachable"?

His rush attempts are about half of what they were last year because the coaches wanted him to stay in the pocket more. Is that someone who is coachable?

RynoHawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":33ox3tc5 said:
Unfortunately, Johnny Football is about as immature as you'd expect a 20 year old with the world at his feet to be.

Between the Manning Passing Academy where he "overslept" and reports came out that he was hungover, taking money for autographs, kicked out of frat parties and getting arrested in 2012; it's obvious he's got some growing up to do.

RW has it all going on. He's got the athletic ability, the maturity level, the smarts. He's the consummate pro. Johnny Football sounds like all he wants to do is party and play football, and in no particular order.

Some of you may not believe this, but I believe it to be 100% true...

A kid I went to high school with went down to Florida during the summer for vacation. When he was there, and I believe it was South Beach (I could be wrong on the exact locale), he was walking down the beach and there was a large group of people hanging out, drinking, dancing, partying. He joined the group and walked to the middle of the crowd. My buddy bumped into a guy, not overly large, and apologized for running into him. The guy told him "no problem," and they struck up a conversation about the party on the beach. A couple minutes go by, and my buddy, Neil, introduces himself and the other guy introduces himself, "my name is Johnny." Neil looks at the guy for a couple seconds and says "holy cow, you're Johnny Football!" Johnny replied and said "yeah, I'm Johnny Football." They continued to make small talk until one of Johnny's friends came up and told him to "take a hit of this."

Neil looked over and Johnny's friend was holding his hand out with a line of coke. Mr. Football didn't even hesitate, leaned over and took the line. Immediately there after, Johnny and his cocaine-wielding friend took off out of the group and my buddy Neil didn't see him after that. After realizing what had happened, Neil left the crowd and proceeded to call pretty much all of his close friends telling them he met Johnny Manziel and then watched him snort a line of coke.

Hilarious.

You know, one does not just simply "hand over" a line of coke in the palm of your hand. Not that I do coke (used too before I got a great job) but this is what leads me to believe this story is false. Pretty representational of most "party" football players if true...

just sayin...;)