Arizona State @ UCLA

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Todd Graham had them ready for this game? I don't know what this looks like. I went to school there during the Dirk Koetter days and I had to suffer through Dennis Erickson blowing big games left and right.

EDIT: And as soon as I say that, more garbage special teams play.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hopefully this will reduce the clamoring for Mora. I feel it's time for Sark to go...but I just never saw Mora as this huge upgrade. Just as he was with the Hawks, Mora is stop gap material, IMO. Now, if he brings the Bruins back to win this thing, I will be quick to admit I was wrong.

Liking this ASU team. Good match-up coming between North and South. I typically root against the South (in everything) but ASU will be the exception this time around.

mrblitz

Reaction score
when mora was with the seahawks, a certain observer of seahawks practices mentioned that mora was highly disorganized. don james mora isn't.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He's got 30 minutes to organize a team that looks totally unmotivated. If I were Mora, I'd pull every player aside individually, telling them I will name them personally, and blame them publicly, for the loss if they don't step it up. He can reference his Seahawk post-game "Kicker" speech if they doubt him.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think UCLA is playing hard, they are just getting their ass kicked. ASU is playing better football than anyone else in this conference right now.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if ASU can steady themselves here. UCLA is playing their style of football now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3t5gtcnv said:
It's good to know that when the game is on the line, ASU can line up and make a play. Oops, did I say "ASU can line up and make a play?" I meant "UCLA can shoot itself in both feet and then club itself with the butt of the gun."

Hey big man... Win against the little brats from eastern Arizona and its a home date with Stanford with a date in the Rose Bowl in the line....

Someone call Jake Plummer

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1nlwrlyn said:
Smelly McUgly":1nlwrlyn said:
It's good to know that when the game is on the line, ASU can line up and make a play. Oops, did I say "ASU can line up and make a play?" I meant "UCLA can shoot itself in both feet and then club itself with the butt of the gun."

Hey big man... Win against the little brats from eastern Arizona and its a home date with Stanford with a date in the Rose Bowl in the line....

Eh, not too worried about the Speedway Boulevard Community College Pussycats. Stop Ka'Deem Carey or at least contain him, and it's smooth sailing from there.

I think we can take Stanford in a rematch, too. I would just be so damn happy if they made the Rose Bowl, not to mention win the dang thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":33muoin9 said:
Uncle Si":33muoin9 said:
Smelly McUgly":33muoin9 said:

Eh, not too worried about the Speedway Boulevard Community College Pussycats. Stop Ka'Deem Carey or at least contain him, and it's smooth sailing from there.

I think we can take Stanford in a rematch, too. I would just be so damn happy if they made the Rose Bowl, not to mention win the dang thing.

Been to and witnessed too many gut punch losses to the pussies from Tucson.... although I was there when we dropped 56 on them in their house, took pictures with the team and coach on the 50 with roses and all that

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Hasn't the favorite lost this game something like four out of the last five or six years?

I have to project confidence just in case somebody from this board is unfortunately a Pussycat alum, but they always play us like it is their Rose Bowl, probably because they haven't ever been to the real thing and will never get there.

By the way, the last time I went to a Territorial Cup game at Arizona Stadium, Andrew Walter broke his arm (shoulder?) and we lost a shootout in which we were well-favored coming in.