Huskies To The Sun Bowl?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
At least this article thinks so.

By Bud Withers
The Seattle Times
SEATTLE — While Washington State athletic director Bill Moos hinted broadly Monday that the Cougars will play in a bowl game this season, a Sun Bowl official said Washington will be under serious consideration for that game if it beats WSU in Friday’s Apple Cup.

Meanwhile, if Washington wins Friday and gets to eight wins, “that makes them a lot more attractive,” said John Folmer, longtime chairman of the Sun Bowl selection committee. “A great deal of it is going to depend on what kind of feedback we get from their fans.”

The Dec. 31 Sun Bowl, picking behind the Rose, Alamo and Holiday bowls, figures to have attractive options. Stanford (9-2) and Arizona State (9-2) meet for the Pac-12 title, but Oregon is 9-2, USC is 9-3 and UCLA 8-3. The Huskies, at 8-4, would thus be weighed against two of those remaining teams (or possibly one, because the Sun isn’t high on USC after a downbeat showing there last year).

But then it switches gears to this. :? But it sounds more like speculation.

San Francisco’s Fight Hunger Bowl has been seen as the likely destination for the Huskies, opposite BYU, which is already committed to the game. The Fight Hunger has No. 6 pick of Pac-12 teams, but the Las Vegas Bowl, picking No. 5, hosted Washington last year and is widely figured looking elsewhere.

“We’d be very excited if Washington is 8-4 and available,” said executive director Gary Cavalli of the Dec. 27 Fight Hunger Bowl. “If they’re not and one of the LA schools is, we’d be very excited about that, as well. And thirdly, we like Arizona (7-4).”

The Sun Bowl official sounded more positive, at least to me anyway. :|

http://thedailyworld.com/sections/sport ... ugars.html

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For what its worth, the Sun Bowl would be against an ACC team. Either Duke, Virginia Tech or Miami. Kraft bowl would be against BYU.

Looks like the Ducks will probably be going to the Alamo or Holiday bowl to play a big 12 team, probably either Oklahoma or Texas Tech.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I remember when the Sun bowl was the runner up bowl for the Pac-12. When the Huskies didn't get to the Rose bowl they would always be in the Sun bowl. Now it's ranked under the Alamo and Holiday bowls...how things have changed. With that said, a Sun bowl invite would be nice.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think it was just about 30 years ago that BYU benefitted from the Dawgs being robbed of a Natty. I would very much enjoy kicking their ass' to conclude this season.