Ducks have a possible shot at BCS Bowl?

JGreen79

Reaction score
I'll start by saying they don't deserve it based on how they have played the last few weeks... However they will have a decent shot at a BCS game..

Assuming there are no upsets these teams will get an AQ birth.

1)Florida State
2)Ohio State
SEC) Auburn
Pac 12) Stanford
Big 12) Ok State
AAC) UCF
Non-AQ) Northern Illinois

So there are the seven automatic qualifiers leaving 3 remaining at large bids.

Easy one here, first off go ahead and put Alabama in.
Second will more than likely be Baylor

so whats left in the top 14?

#5 Missouri (Ineligible due to two SEC teams already selected)
#7 South Carolina(Ineligible due to two SEC teams already selected)
#10 Michigan State ( May drop out of top 14 after loss to Ohio State)
#11 Arizona State ( May drop out of top 14 after loss to Stanford)
#12 Oregon (In this scenario would likely move up to #10)
#13 Clemson ( Likely to move up to #11

So that leaves Oregon, Clemson, and probably MSU as ASU would have 3 losses.

It's a long shot IMO but we may still see Alabama v Oregon this year

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think it would be the Orange bowl if it happens. But I think the Orange Bowl would choose Clemson based on the number of people they would bring to the game. Oregon fans just don't travel very well.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Go Bowling Green!!! Up 17-7 on Northern Illinois. Would be huge in helping the Ducks get to their 5th straight BCS game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm J seems your the only one interested in the Ducks right now, UW has more interesting news :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that Baylor is not too far off the interstate from Dallas to San Antonio. I drove that direction one year on the way to N.O. and Mississippi. Just crossing the country in my old car. Spent one night in most locations except one....Dallas. Played golf at Redstone?? a U.S. open golf course from years ago. ...anyway...Baylor is only about a couple of blocks off the Freeway in Waco on the East side. Good luck to Texas...Baylor is a good team.
And now there is another hopeful for TEXAS....As far as I and the other CougCenter authors can tell, the best-case-scenario is for Texas to beat Baylor. The Bears are a popular pick as the at large team for the Sugar Bowl. If they lose, Oregon could jump into the Sugar Bowl and the Cougs might be headed to San Francisco to fight hunger. It could also work out where Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma, Baylor gets the Big 12 bid and the Ducks get an at large. Either way, either Oklahoma State or Baylor need to lose, so for today at least, it's Boomer Sooner and Hook 'em Horns.

Go Horns.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

sturg78

Reaction score
And now ok state lost, baylor won, and now they are running out of candidates for an at large bid.

OP
OP
J

JGreen79

Reaction score
J's not the only one. Just more active. Not sure if okla state will still get in or if Oklahoma wil move ahead if the ducks though.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, Ohio State losing pretty much killed this dream I think, getting Michigan State into the Rose Bowl rather then an at large team.

Here's my guess:

Rose Bowl Michigan State vs Stanford

Fiesta Bowl Central Florida vs Baylor

Orange bowl Clemson vs Ohio State

Sugar bowl Alabama vs Oklahoma

National championship in Pasadena
Auburn vs Florida State

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Yeah I think so too. Oregon-Baylor would have been a fun game to watch. Not sure if that is a possible matchup but that would have been fun to see.

Happy for MSU and OSU really didn't deserve to be in the title game so this settles that.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the BCS committee likes a 2-loss Oklahoma team over a 2-loss Oregon team. Coming into the weekend Oregon was #12 in the BCS and Oklahoma was #17. Oregon will probably move up to #11. I don't see Oklahoma moving higher than them.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2t5rect9 said:
It'll be interesting to see if the BCS committee likes a 2-loss Oklahoma team over a 2-loss Oregon team. Coming into the weekend Oregon was #12 in the BCS and Oklahoma was #17. Oregon will probably move up to #11. I don't see Oklahoma moving higher than them.

My guess is that they'll know that Oklahoma fan will travel much more then Oregon fan which will give them the nod.

justafan

Reaction score
Its unfortunate.As much as I hate the ducks I was hoping for a UO vs Alabama matchup.I still think they are the 2 of best teams in the country if not the top 2.