Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

rottweiler

Reaction score
I put some of the big names on the poll.

Who do you see getting the job?

Who makes the most sense?

Think about each coach's recruiting potential.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
Throwdown":thez253d said:
Lane Kiffin? Is that a joke?

Pretty much, yeah. Or filler space. Take your pick.

Petrino isn't, though.

He will get another chance with an AQ school soon. Take that to the bank.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
let me educate some of you. Mora will be a disaster.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I went with Mora, just seems like the best fit. But I really have a hard time seeing him leaving UCLA.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
I voted for Petersen, myself.

He can do much better at recruiting than Mora Jr. can. Further, he's done pretty much all he can do at Boise State.

Bet he's finally ready to step into the bigtime.

I'm not sure what his contractual obligations to BSU are, though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It would be nice to have the next coach focus on the in-state talent. Too many solid players leaving the state for other schools. Can't keep them all but definitely do better here than they have been in the past 20 years or so.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If I were a uw fan my first choice would be Peterson followed closely by mora. I think both of them would be a step up from sark. The one worry I would have about mora is that he's proven to be a great recruiter at ucla, but we seahawk fans know he's not necessarily a good in game head coach. And as far as recruiting goes I think he'd find that it's a lot tougher to recruit to Seattle then it is to Los Angeles. (That's not a knock on Seattle, which I love, just reality)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Petersen honestly. Part of it is the sweet irony of it being a guy who USC couldn't get and part of it is that I just think the dude can flat out coach.

Mora has done a wonderful job at UCLA, but the ugliness of 2009 is hard to forget. Also, how often do "coming home" narratives actually work out? Basically never?

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26i2v0w1 said:
If I were a uw fan my first choice would be Peterson followed closely by mora. I think both of them would be a step up from sark. The one worry I would have about mora is that he's proven to be a great recruiter at ucla, but we seahawk fans know he's not necessarily a good in game head coach. And as far as recruiting goes I think he'd find that it's a lot tougher to recruit to Seattle then it is to Los Angeles. (That's not a knock on Seattle, which I love, just reality)

Yup yup.

And Petersen can get the same recruits that Mora Jr. can all the way down to Baja country.

He has guys in the Plains — a.k.a. Big 12 territory — too.

Mora Jr.'s name just doesn't carry that same kind of prowess.

I'm an SEC guy, myself.

I am hoping Washington takes Petersen before an SEC school I don't like makes a play for him.

DavidSeven":26i2v0w1 said:
I'm pulling for Petersen honestly. Part of it is the sweet irony of it being a guy who USC couldn't get and part of it is that I just think the dude can flat out coach.

Mora has done a wonderful job at UCLA, but the ugliness of 2009 is hard to forget. Also, how often do "coming home" narratives actually work out? Basically never?

I'm 95% down with your argument, bro, but still, two words need to be said here:

Steve Spurrier.

Jim Mora Jr. is no Steve Spurrier, though.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Bobby Petrino is by far and away my first choice. He's a proven commodity at a big conference. The University may take some flack for it but Nuehisel wasn't PTA president either. Secind would be Mora. While at least one person thinks he'd be a disaster, his story is semi similar to Carroll's. I'm in absolutley no way implying that Mora will ever be as successful as PC. I'm just saying SC fans had a very Sark like welcoming for PC. He does have it a little easier recruiting down in LA but I honestly believe the recruits are going with him. Not UCLA. He's a former NFL coach they all know and can maybe, in their minds, help them get there. Its not like UCLA typically has awesome recruiting classes year in and year out and they have been in a LA for a little while now.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":25bzqkiy said:
Bobby Petrino is by far and away my first choice. He's a proven commodity at a big conference. The University may take some flack for it but Nuehisel wasn't PTA president either. Secind would be Mora. While at least one person thinks he'd be a disaster, his story is semi similar to Carroll's. I'm in absolutley no way implying that Mora will ever be as successful as PC. I'm just saying SC fans had a very Sark like welcoming for PC. He does have it a little easier recruiting down in LA but I honestly believe the recruits are going with him. Not UCLA. He's a former NFL coach they all know and can maybe, in their minds, help them get there. Its not like UCLA typically has awesome recruiting classes year in and year out and they have been in a LA for a little while now.

Interesting.

And we all know that Petrino:

1.) could get the recruits, because players know his modus operandi is to get them ready to play at the professional level; and

2.) would likely jump at the chance to leave Western Kentucky and get back to coaching an AQ school again — no matter what his contract situe at WKU is.

But there are an awful lot of places to wreck a motorcycle in Washington state — and some fine honeys there, to boot.

Could be trouble, you know.

Subzero717

Reaction score
rottweiler":3ssm17da said:
CALIHAWK1":3ssm17da said:

Interesting.

1.) could get the recruits, because players know his modus operandi is to get them ready to play at the professional level; and

2.) would likely jump at the chance to leave Western Kentucky and get back to coaching an AQ school again — no matter what his contract situe at WKU is.

But there are an awful lot of places to wreck a motorcycle in Washington state — and some fine honeys there, to boot.

He's coaching football not running a monastery. I could give two hoots what he does in or out of his marriage. Mike Leach was accused of physically and verbally abusing students at Texas Tech. Then a student at WSU accused him of the same thing. An affair is none of any of our business.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Orgeron. Imagine the laughing stock USC would be if Orgeron got this job and brought us back to the top and Sark remains Sark at USC

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2gjwac0d said:
rottweiler":2gjwac0d said:
CALIHAWK1":2gjwac0d said:

Interesting.

He's coaching football not running a monastery. I could give two hoots what he does in or out of his marriage. Mike Leach was accused of physically and verbally abusing students at Texas Tech. Then a student at WSU accused him of the same thing. An affair is none of any of our business.

Umm, it is if the financial details of his affair risk getting your football program the Southern Methodist Death Penalty.

Subzero717

Reaction score
rottweiler":3fwfzbjj said:
CALIHAWK1":3fwfzbjj said:
rottweiler":3fwfzbjj said:
CALIHAWK1":3fwfzbjj said:

Interesting.

Umm, it is if the financial details of his affair risk getting your football program the Southern Methodist Death Penalty.

I know he had baby girl on staff but I didn't and don't know of it getting the entire program in trouble and it shouldn't. The school being pissed is one thing but the NCAA has zero business in it.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I hope Mora changes his mind and comes to UW, not only because it would weaken UCLA and help out ASU, but because I always root for UW except for when they are playing ASU (they were my favorite college team before I ended up getting a free education from Arizona State), and I want them to be perpetually on top of the North division.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Gary Pinkel. And I'm not going to stop clamoring for him until he's offered a sh*t ton and refuses our offer. 11 years Pinkel coached at U-Dub and did so through our glory days. He has to have some very fond memories here, and with the right offer, it's a big step up from Missouri, both on campus and off. I firmly believe it's going to take a no nonsense coach to bring us back to prominence. Pinkel learned under James and what he learned was accountability and to not rely solely on his assistant coaches. Like DJ, Pinkel doesn't just coach kids, he coaches his coaches too.

Yes, I know about the DUI. But don't care.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkWow":l4zxlo5k said:
Gary Pinkel. And I'm not going to stop clamoring for him until he's offered a sh*t ton and refuses our offer. 11 years Pinkel coached at U-Dub and did so through our glory days. He has to have some very fond memories here, and with the right offer, it's a big step up from Missouri, both on campus and off. I firmly believe it's going to take a no nonsense coach to bring us back to prominence. Pinkel learned under James and what he learned was accountability and to not rely solely on his assistant coaches. Like DJ, Pinkel doesn't just coach kids, he coaches his coaches too.

Yes, I know about the DUI. But don't care.

Thats not a bad idea either.