Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

rottweiler

Reaction score
Dammit, man — I wanted that thread to reach at least 200 posts first!!!

Congrats, Huskies fans.

Hang tough, Boise State fans. It isn't the end of the world. All good things must come to an end.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
More from Schad:

"Chris Petersen is ready for a new challenge and views the professional and family timing and UW destination as the perfect next step"

rottweiler

Reaction score
The BCS playoff picture over the course of the next five years just got a whole bunch hazier today.

This shakes things up, bigtime.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Instantly a top 2 or 3 coach in the Pac-12. Love how after the dust all settles, we ended up on top. Great hire.

rottweiler

Reaction score
Yeah, this most definitely is the real deal:

ESPN is flashing it as breaking news scrolling across the bottom of the tv at this very second we write.

God bless Chris Petersen and his family.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can't begin to tell you how happy I am about this hire, thank you Sark for what looks like an upgrade.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Throwdown":28bhz6on said:
Can't begin to tell you how happy I am about this hire, thank you Sark for what is a slam dunk upgrade.
Fixed that for you

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
This is definitely a great hire. Give him two years and they will be top 10 or top 5 team in country if not higher

rottweiler

Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear what Warren Moon, Michael Jackson, Tui, Mark Brunell, Corey Dillon, Lawyer Milloy and Damon Huard — among a whole bunch of others — have to say about this hire.

Bet they're diggin' it.

We all know Brock Huard can't wait to talk about this today on ESPN's College Football Live.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":2p6pju1h said:
This is definitely a great hire. Give him two years and they will be top 10 or top 5 team in country if not higher

He's walking into a situation with 3 top 20 recruiting classes (or so I've read), he better have success right away.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm excited....I really am.

But I have a legit question - How do we know Petersen is going to be different than Koetter and Hawkins?