College announcers are brutal

BASF

Reaction score
The pair for Fox mark out like they are teenagers. The CBS pair are too old to get things right half the time, either their eye sight is too poor or their brains can not keep up with the speed of the play. That goes for Musburger with ABC is well.

On the other hand I think that Kristina Pink (hip flare is awesome) and Maria Taylor are much hotter than the NFL sideline reporters.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Gus Johnson of Fox marks out to every team. He shows excitement for everyone. He keeps the fans at home excited with his announcing. Probably one of the best. He is even better in NCAA tournament games, but he doesn't do those games anymore

cover-2

Reaction score
There are a lot of bad announcers out there.

But when it comes to the best announcers; the best announcer IMO in college football is Verne Lundquist. At the beginning of every college football season I look forward to hearing Lundquist call a game, for me hearing him call a game at the start of the college football season is like OK college football has officially started. I tend to watch more SEC football games than any other one conference, so maybe I'm a little biased since Lundquist only calls SEC games.

Here is a game Lundquist covered.
[youtube]NLiUYkHjdCw[/youtube]

My second favorite announcer is Brock Huard.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Gus Johnson is awesome. He's one of the few announcers that sounds like he's actually having fun calling a game. He doesn't get all preachy and somber like a lot of others do in an effort to show how "professional" they are.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Personally, I can't stand Lundquist. I don't know if it's just his pairing with Danielson but I just am not a fan of that combo. Gus is pretty good, but I miss him doing the NCAA tournament. For my money, it doesn't get any better that Kirk Herbstreit. Yes, we have to deal with Mushmouth, but Herbstreit is a pro. I have come to enjoy Brock Huard, but to be honest a lot of the games he gets assigned to I couldn't care less about so I've only seen him a few times this year.