Chris Petersen doing work already?

drrew

Reaction score
I get as excited by 4 and 5 star recruits as much as anyone, then I look at today's AP All America team and see ten of the guys were 3star and three were 2star recruits.

So much success is because of player development and I get more excited about having Chris Petersen on board.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
It is odd that kids can, in the right environment, get... whats the word... better? I see it with PeteI, hope it continues with PeteII!!!!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1quubii6 said:
I read this fascinating study a few years ago, I think it was Football Outsiders?

3 star players are more likely to become star college players than 4 or 5 star players, simply because kids change so fast and there are "more" 3 star players in the pool.

The majority of the NFL Hall of Fame is made up of 3 star high school recruits.

It's about knowing what you want, and developing talent.

I think of the all time great Husky players -- for every Napolean Kaufmann there is an Entman or a Warren Moon

I'm the biggest Steve Entman fan of all time.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1wpzwjgd said:
I read this fascinating study a few years ago, I think it was Football Outsiders?

3 star players are more likely to become star college players than 4 or 5 star players, simply because kids change so fast and there are "more" 3 star players in the pool.

The majority of the NFL Hall of Fame is made up of 3 star high school recruits.

It's about knowing what you want, and developing talent.

I think of the all time great Husky players -- for every Napolean Kaufmann there is an Entman or a Warren Moon

They didn't even really have the star system until the internet age. It was lot less followed before that, so I'm not sure how you could say that most of the HOF is 3* guys.

As for more 3* being stars, yeah but there is also about 4 times more 3* than there is 5-4*. Percentage though, still favors the 4-5*.

chris98251

Reaction score
See I told ya until ink hits paper don't get your hopes up, there will be a lot of this going on with the state of the coaching changes going on. Interested about the defense as well with Wilcox up in the air about if we lose people there as well.