Saint Louis Rams have officially fleeced Snyders Redskins

Jville

Reaction score
The St. Louis Rams have officially made off like bandits in their 2012 trade with the Redskins. If you'll recall, Washington traded their first-rounders from 2012, 2013, and 2014, as well as their second-round pick in 2012 to the Rams for the right to pick second in the 2012 draft, which they used to take Robert Griffin III. Two years later, and the Redskins are about to ship the second pick right back to St. Louis, with 2012's 6th and 39th pick, as well as 2013's 22nd pick (which they traded to Atlanta) as a bonus. This while RG3 has been shut down for the year after going 3-10 to start the season. It almost doesn't even matter who the Rams end up taking with this boomerang pick; they've managed to get what amounts to five extra players out of the deal.
[urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-notes/2013/12/17/5219810/nfl-playoffs-picture-draft-order-rooting-interest-guide-the-watch[/urltargetblank]

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Put RGIII in St. Louis and I doubt he has anything like the drama we've seen in Washington. That's all on Dan Snyder.

If you take Brockers and Ogletree out of that team and put RGIII at quarterback, the Rams are a much better team IMO. The Redskins have made a complete mess of the situation, but I wouldn't say they've been fleeced by the Rams. St. Louis is still going to have a losing record, again.

getnasty

Reaction score
Way to early to make that call, Like English said the Rams are still bad and they still don't have a QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ru4p2j82 said:
Put RGIII in St. Louis and I doubt he has anything like the drama we've seen in Washington. That's all on Dan Snyder.

If you take Brockers and Ogletree out of that team and put RGIII at quarterback, the Rams are a much better team IMO. The Redskins have made a complete mess of the situation, but I wouldn't say they've been fleeced by the Rams. St. Louis is still going to have a losing record, again.

The 2013 record of the Rams is not relevant to their bigger plans. They knew the division would be decided by us and SF in 13 and probably 14. This was a great time to sit back and build the team. They will get their QB in 14 and will only use 1 1st to get him. They will likely end up with 3 players better than Griffin, and a 2...for Griffin. "Fleeced"? More like Crime of the century. In 2015, we will be fighting for our lives against the Rams while SF and Zona battle for last place in the division.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I disagree there Hawkwow. This was supposed to be the year the Rams came to the party. It hasn't stopped Arizona being competitive and getting to 9-5.

They made a decision to back Bradford when they passed on RGIII. So they had 'their' quarterback. They'd brought in a former #1 overall pick at left tackle. They drafted an X-factor guy on offense. Had a great pass rush.

All the pieces were there, and still are, for a winning football team.

And because of Bradford's inability to look anything other than average (plus stay healthy) they have another losing record.

We'll never be fighting for our lives against the Rams with this QB situation in STL. And it comes down to this. If they had RGIII right now, instead of Ogletree and let's say Jake Matthews in 2014 -- would they be a much scarier prospect?

Without doubt IMO.

JGreen79

Reaction score
It just dawned on me... Arizona has lost @stl, @no, @sf, sea, and @phi... Not a single bad loss there IMO a very good team this year.

JGreen79

Reaction score
On the stl side really only bad loss IMO is the titans. Week 2 @atl was before Atlanta starting finding every injury a skill player could have with no depth.

getnasty

Reaction score
As long as they have Bradford it doesn't matter what they do with those picks. It says something about the starting QB when the team plays better when he's not in (Cutler, Bradford).

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1rah3p5o said:
I disagree there Hawkwow. This was supposed to be the year the Rams came to the party. It hasn't stopped Arizona being competitive and getting to 9-5.

They made a decision to back Bradford when they passed on RGIII. So they had 'their' quarterback. They'd brought in a former #1 overall pick at left tackle. They drafted an X-factor guy on offense. Had a great pass rush.

All the pieces were there, and still are, for a winning football team.

And because of Bradford's inability to look anything other than average (plus stay healthy) they have another losing record.

We'll never be fighting for our lives against the Rams with this QB situation in STL. And it comes down to this. If they had RGIII right now, instead of Ogletree and let's say Jake Matthews in 2014 -- would they be a much scarier prospect?

Without doubt IMO.

I respect your position, English...it just differs from mine. I don't think Griffin is very good (at this level). In fact, he's something of a bonehead on the playing field, despite his apparent intelligence off of it. When he was drafted, because of this, I said he wouldn't finish the year. He didn't. Unlike RW, he fails to understand his health is more important to the long term success of his team than getting an extra 3 yards on a 3rd and 1. Why would it be unreasonable to think Fish may have felt the same and had no desire in making Griffin his franchise QB?

IMO, too many here are being rather short sighted in regards to the Rams QB situation. As outlined in my previous post, it made perfect sense (at this point in time) to stick with Bradford and fulfill the terms of his contract. Sam had shown flashes of excellence in the past, and knowing they weren't going to the SB with or without him, why upset the apple cart by drafting or signing a QB that won't get you there either?

IF Bradford is on the Ram's roster next year, all of your points will be very valid. I don't think that will happen. Now Fish has the luxury of using a single draft choice to get his QB...this after adding extremely important components to the team, this year, with a bevy of picks to do so again next year (and the year after). The Rams got off to a very rough start but have shown great promise...without a QB, since. If I were a Rams fan, I would be extremely optimistic about the future...near and beyond.

Back to the reality that I am not a Rams fan, I sincerely hope they make a mistake in selecting their QB in this upcoming draft. Johnny Manziel =RG4, IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
Whether the Rams win this trade or not has a lot to do with their decision at QB this offseason. If it were me, I'd take the best QB with that Redskins pick without hesitation and then see if I could deal Bradford for something, anything. That would probably mean "reaching" for Johnny Football, something I would be completely fine with if I were the Rams GM.

Johnny Manziel on the Rams is nightmare fuel for me. He may not have Wilson's boy scout personality, but he does have Wilson's skillset, namely the ability to elevate his teammates, which is something the Rams modestly talented offense desperately needs. Hopefully they look at Bradford's empty 90 passer rating from this past season and throw an extension his way instead.

I've been down on the Rams, but I think even with Bradford they are probably 10-6 or 9-7 next year. They will probably trade down, grab a very good WR, and then still have a 1st rounder left with a ton of other picks. It is starting to become very obvious that they need an upgrade at QB though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... giii-trade

Interesting to see here that the Rams could have parlayed the 2012 1st rd pick into Brockers, Jenkins and Alshon Jeffrey, but instead traded the Jeffrey pick for Pead and Rokevious Watkins.

Had they done that the RG3 trade could have been this.

2012 - Brockers, Jenkins, Jeffrey
2013 - Ogletree, Bailey, Stacy
2014 - 2nd overall pick.

Quite the haul

mrblitz

Reaction score
without the ability to run, griffin is not very good.

cover-2

Reaction score
I still think its too early to say the Rams fleeced the Redskins. But, if the Rams have another good draft and find their franchise QB, then they will have officially fleeced the Redskins. I would hate to see the Rams draft (QB) Johnny Manziel & (WR) Sammy Watkins in the 1st round OR Manziel & (WR) Mike Evans.