QUACK!!! Budda Baker commits to Oregon

chris98251

Reaction score
Well like all other recruits when he signs the actual letter it will be a good take, I hate the phase where players commit only to get a change of heart and sign someplace else on signing day.

I watch until then as the chess match and dirty laundry is laid out to smear different programs in the attempt to one up each other. This year will be very dirty in the Pac 12 with the USC and UW situation going on.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maybe more salt in the wound, though it is bat shit crazy Ruth. She is saying Wilcox will be added to the UO staff after the bowl game when Aliotti retires.

Have heard rumors, but nothing substantial, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CPHawk":2umb1ldr said:
Maybe more salt in the wound, though it is bat shit crazy Ruth. She is saying Wilcox will be added to the UO staff after the bowl game when Aliotti retires.

Have heard rumors, but nothing substantial, but it's something to keep an eye on.

UO gonna shell a mill?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
And so the inability of UW to keep the best Washington players home continues

CPHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":105f067t said:
CPHawk":105f067t said:

UO gonna shell a mill?

What's a mill among friends? Uncle phil has that much between his couch cushions.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CPHawk":2kfzz6t6 said:
CALIHAWK1":2kfzz6t6 said:
CPHawk":2kfzz6t6 said:

UO gonna shell a mill?

What's a mill among friends? Uncle phil has that much between his couch cushions.

SC does too.

cesame

Reaction score
Husky fans might not say it, but losing this one to Oregon hurts. Kid was in their backyard and they couldn't bring him in.

Go Ducks!

Throwdown

Reaction score
It was inevitable, with what's happened the last 2 weeks and coaching changes n such. If he went to Oregon and Sark was still here it'd be a totally different tune and we'd be pissed. But this time is more understandable.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Oregon will be competing for BCS bids again in no time. Bummer.

drrew

Reaction score
cesame":154tid9l said:
Husky fans might not say it, but losing this one to Oregon hurts. Kid was in their backyard and they couldn't bring him in.

Go Ducks!

Anyone paying attention, Husky fans or not, knew Baker was headed to Oregon for about 18 months now.

The symbolism of losing the state player of the year isn't great, but the reality is that Bellevue just doesn't send kids to the UW. Not sure if there's some issue with Goncharoff, or exactly what it is, but Baker wasn't the first high level (Schilling, DeCastro, Jack) Bellevue kid to spurn the Huskies, and unless Petersen does something to repair the relationship, he won't be the last.

As far as Baker the player, I'll admit I only saw him play once, the state final against Eastside Catholic, but he didn't jump off the screen as a man among boys like I expected him to. He may end up being very good, he apparently has world class football smarts and instincts, but he's not the extreme world class athlete that De'Anthony Thomas is.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
He was going to Oregon whether Sark was still at UW or not. He's a great player and will fit in well in that system.

I know the previous Bellevue coach funneled guys to UW. But maybe Butch wasn't pleased with what happened to two of his prize horses in Hasty and Savannah and has just let the kids make up their minds from here on out.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Was DeCastro a Bellevue alum? I thought he was from Mercer Island?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
DeCastro was a Bellevue alum. Although, he could have lived on Mercer Island, Bellevue tends to get kids from outside Bellevue. Saw his last game, a Odea Bellevue tilt in the state playoffs. Odea had Johri Forgerson and a linebacker that went to Boise State I think. DeCastro stood out though, dude was a monster.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned if he were a lineman. We don't struggle finding talent at skill positions and I have no reason to assume that will discontinue with Peterson at the helm. The key is finding kids that are committed to winning the championship, which Baker clearly is not. You don't go to Oregon with plans of winning a title. It's never happened and it's looking like it never will. Oregon wins a few games, makes a bunch of noise, then gets hit in the mouth and tears begin to flow.

So why would a kid commit to Oregon? "It's gotta' be the shoes".

Throwdown

Reaction score
Where would he go that's a contender then? Even as a UW guy I know it sure as hell ain't UW.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Screw you, Budda.

Now enjoy your success at little brother.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":20fc4qod said:
Where would he go that's a contender then? Even as a UW guy I know it sure as hell ain't UW.

I was toying with our feathered friends and certainly rate the Ducks higher than the Dub. I do. But I saw no sense in wasting the opportunity to slam both the Ducks, and a defector, with one post. Hopefully that will be the last time I enjoy such luxury.