Davante Adams Fresno WR declares for draft

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would expect him to be firmly in the mix on Seattle's board. His physical skills should excite (speed and leaping/burst).

Doubt he will be on the board when we pick in the 2nd. I could see him being one of those players we eye as we trade back 10 or so spots out of the first round.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Pay Sherman, Earl, & Baldwin. Let Tate, Rice, and Clemons. Draft two big WRs in the first 4 picks and let them fight for a starting spot. Wish we had kept Chris Harper.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1ub8hl2g said:
Pay Sherman, Earl, & Baldwin. Let Tate, Rice, and Clemons. Draft two big WRs in the first 4 picks and let them fight for a starting spot. Wish we had kept Chris Harper.

I think there's no way you let Tate walk. Ideally, I think we keep Tate and Baldwin and draft a big guy to be the #1.

Tate brings a lot to our team. Great in space, best jump ball receiver on the team, very good punt returner.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
ADB will be half the price of Tate. Tate didn't scare other teams and sucks at getting seperation. Earl Thomas well get about 9 mil per Tate could get about 6. To me it is not Even close how much more ET is worth to this team. I'll keep tate for under 5 mil per year but that's it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Tate isn't going to get big money anywhere, for the reasons you listed. He is at best a #2 receiver in this league and he will be paid accordingly. We should be able to retain Tate and Baldwin relatively cheap, I think.

ET should be the number one priority to resign. He is more important to our defense than Sherman is, and unless Sherm gives us a hometown discount, he is going to be commanding top dollar in the league. It would be great to hold on to Sherman, but I think it's about a 50/50 shot that he stays in Seattle for a legitimately smaller amount of coin than he'll get from other organizations. We can definitely back load his contract and give him a fat signing bonus that will get spread out to help out the cap situation, but I don't know if it is 100% possible with arguably the best corner in the league.

However, I think our defense should be left for a different conversation. Our offense could really use a big talented guy like Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, or Mike Evans. Having a big target that can win the 50/50 balls and take the top off of a defense would be amazing considering the talent we have already with guys that are great in space.

drrew

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3fgiz153 said:
Tate isn't going to get big money anywhere, for the reasons you listed. He is at best a #2 receiver in this league and he will be paid accordingly. We should be able to retain Tate and Baldwin relatively cheap, I think.

Jacksonville and Gus Bradley are the one team I could see making a play for one of these two and paying more than the Hawks will. They need a guy opposite of Cecil Shorts, and Baldwin or Tate would be a big upgrade over anything else on their roster. Also worth keeping in mind that Baldwin is from the Pensacola area which is about 350 miles or so from Jacksonville.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Oh man.. I'd do cartwheels in the street if they drafted Adams.

He reminds me a lot of Josh Gordon. Very good size, great hands, great speed. System WR's scare me off sometimes, but Adams looks like a stud in the making.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well lets just add this to the situation, Idzik in New York knows our personnel, Bradley in Jacksonville, Bevell if he goes and there seems to be a lot of push to interview him, Quinn I seen already has two teams wanting to talk to him.

Thats four teams with intiment knowledge of our players. Were going to be pilferred, it's a matter of who and how many. Thats coaches and players.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would be thrilled with Davante Adams on the Hawks! He is the type of taller, big play WR we really need to round out our receiver core.

I have a feeling he will go in the middle of the 2nd round so we would either have to trade back out of the 1st round to that area, or trade out from the late 2nd to get him. I would prefer we trade up in that scenario if we could get Jenkins (TE) in the late 1st round.

cover-2

Reaction score
Probably not a #1 WR, but he defintatly would fill that big body WR red zone void that we currently have. Just watching the highlight clip of him, that I posted below, I like his swagger...he gets a TD and tosses the ball to the referee like "yeah this end zone is verrry familiar to me". I really like his ball skills....go up and get it young man!

[youtube]_D1Le9FmIe0[/youtube]

[youtube]b-sZDZntlRs[/youtube]

I like to get a look a prospects in interviews to get a better feel for them as a player, IMO its the next best thing to NFL combine interviews. How is the player (D. Adams) after a loss.
[youtube]4pMdjqBahGs[/youtube]

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
cover-2":11p6lrja said:
Probably not a #1 WR, but he defintatly would fill that big body WR red zone void that we currently have. Just watching the highlight clip of him, that I posted below, I like his swagger...he gets a TD and tosses the ball to the referee like "yeah this end zone is verrry familiar to me". I really like his ball skills....go up and get it young man!

I like to get a look a prospects in interviews to get a better feel for them as a player, IMO its the next best thing to NFL combine interviews. How is the player (D. Adams) after a loss.

Great post and he doesn't disappoint in that interview does he? Sounds like him and RW could get real tight.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's going to have to learn to get both feet in bounds in the NFL or there will be a lot of incomplete passes in his future.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like this guy and I didn't even have to watch the whole vid ..He has deceptive speed,good moves,good hands..Reminds me of Dez but not as tall..Can fill out just like him though..I hope the Hawks can get him..