Marques Tuiasosopo accepted TE coach job at USC

chris98251

Reaction score
Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
chris98251":dztwr6f1 said:
Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

I don't know of anyone outside of BSU he hired, but I did see this list the other day in the local paper.

Coaches leaving Boise State:

Head coach: Chris Petersen (going to: Washington)
Offensive coordinator/wide receivers: Robert Prince (TBA)
Offensive line: Chris Strausser (Washington)
Quarterbacks: Jonathan Smith (Washington)
Running backs: Keith Bhonapha (Washington)
Defensive coordinator: Pete Kwiatkowski (Washington)
Linebackers: Bob Gregory (TBA)
Defensive backs: Jimmy Lake (Washington)

Read more here: http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/source- ... rylink=cpy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle 9m
On Chris Petersen's new #UDUB staff TEs coach is lone opening. Tosh Lupoi reassigned to other duties in @UWAthletics http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209353968
Retweeted by UW Football

By Gregg Bell
UW Director of Writing

SEATTLE – Chris Petersen has brought familiar faces onto his new staff for his debut season with the Huskies.

Petersen announced Monday that Pete Kwiatkowski is his defensive coordinator for 2014 at Washington, Jonathan Smith is his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Chris Strausser is his associate head coach and offensive line coach, Bob Gregory is his assistant head coach and linebackers coach, Jimmy Lake is the defensive backs coach, Jeff Choate will serve as defensive line and special teams coach, Brent Pease is the wide receivers coach and Keith Bhonapha is his running backs coach and recruiting coordinator.

All worked with Petersen for all or some parts of his tenure leading Boise State to a 92-12 record from 2006 until Washington hired him Dec. 6 to replace the departed Steve Sarkisian.

Petersen has also brought Tim Socha from Boise State to be the new strength and conditioning coach at UW. Tacoma native Rich Rasmussen is the Huskies’ new director of player personnel and Mike McHugh is the director of football operations.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
chris98251":hbhhs770 said:
From the Times post.
Seattle Times":hbhhs770 said:
New UW coach Chris Petersen had offered Tuiasosopo a chance to remain at UW as tight ends coach.
So he had the chance to stay at UW but chose to go to USC instead.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2nt4seu8 said:
Seattle Times":2nt4seu8 said:
New UW coach Chris Petersen had offered Tuiasosopo a chance to remain at UW as tight ends coach.

Well maybe he can show Sark how to win a bowl game. :twisted:

zifnab32

Reaction score
SeatownJay":29d0swq6 said:
chris98251":29d0swq6 said:
From the Times post.
Seattle Times":29d0swq6 said:

Sark named him "associate head coach", whatever that means

Crabhawk

Reaction score
zifnab32":7kkjzu6a said:
Sark named him "associate head coach", whatever that means
More influence in the offense. More resume swag. More money. In short: a promotion that is better for his long term career goals. Disappointed he's leaving, but I wish him (but not U$C) the best.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Loved Marques 90% of the time as our QB. That other 10%, he was solely responsible for costing us games due to mental lapses AKA stupidity. I understand the glitz and glamor that goes with everything SC, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him choosing the enemy over us. Maybe he just wants to get closer to Manti Teo, who knows?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Manti's his little cousin. OR the catfish tranny is, I can't remember. The associate title is an asset on his resume'--will propell him upward in the coaching realm quicker.