A Texan fans formula for drafting a QB

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This was too funny to me but seems somewhat true,anyway here it is..

Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

I cannot stress that enough. Have you ever seen an ugly ass quarterback win the superbowl? Be a consistently great quarterback year in year out? There's a reason for that. If you are handsome, you get the girl, you get the girl, guys look up to you and want to follow you. It is a integral part of being a leader.

Just look at all the legendary great champions who were the leaders of their team across all sports from basketball, tennis, olympics, soccer, formula one racing etc....

Its is a very strong common denominator. You have to look the part (and dress the part) to be the part.

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?

Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Joe Montana. John Elway. Drew Brees. Steve Young. Matt Schaub.

Who doesnt belong in that list? Name me a great quarterback that has a sorry, boring, ugly name that was consistently great.

Why do you think hollywood actors change their name? tom cruise wouldnt be tom cruise if he went with tomas malpohter. Olivia wilde would not be where she is today if she went with her real last name cockburn. Look att boxing superstar floyd mayweeather jr., he had to change his name from floyd sinclair to floyd mayweather to become money may. Sugar Ray Robinson wouuldnt be the greatest p4p #1 boxer of all time if he went with walkter smith.

Its karmic destiny to greatness if you have the right name.

If GMs just followed these two untapped supreme analytic criteria, they wouldnt get fired so much.

Its that easy and scientific.

McGruff

Reaction score
Ben Roethlisburger . . . Looks like an overweight hockey player and his name is unpronounceable and unspellable . . . Yet he's got two rings.

John Elway had the name, but he was also nicknamed "horse face" for good reason. Same with Peyton. He's a goon.

Brett Favre had the rugged good looks of a cowboy cigarette model, but his last name was "fav-ruh" or was "Faver" or most incomprehensible of all, "farve".

There might be a general correlation, and the anecdotal evidence favors Russell Wilson over Colin. Kaepernick on both counts and Andrew Luck on one, but too many outliers to be causal.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ben Roethlisburger just blows that argument right out of the water. He doesn't even get the girl, he has to force her.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think he's right....Russell Wilson.... cool name, good looking...excellent starting NFL QB. Ya, he's spot on!

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":222rwfrq said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot stress that enough. Have you ever seen an ugly ass quarterback win the superbowl? Be a consistently great quarterback year in year out? There's a reason for that. If you are handsome, you get the girl, you get the girl, guys look up to you and want to follow you. It is a integral part of being a leader.

Just look at all the legendary great champions who were the leaders of their team across all sports from basketball, tennis, olympics, soccer, formula one racing etc....

Its is a very strong common denominator. You have to look the part (and dress the part) to be the part.

Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Joe Montana. John Elway. Drew Brees. Steve Young. Matt Schaub.

Who doesnt belong in that list? Name me a great quarterback that has a sorry, boring, ugly name that was consistently great.

Why do you think hollywood actors change their name? tom cruise wouldnt be tom cruise if he went with tomas malpohter. Olivia wilde would not be where she is today if she went with her real last name cockburn. Look att boxing superstar floyd mayweeather jr., he had to change his name from floyd sinclair to floyd mayweather to become money may. Sugar Ray Robinson wouuldnt be the greatest p4p #1 boxer of all time if he went with walkter smith.

If GMs just followed these two untapped supreme analytic criteria, they wouldnt get fired so much.

I thought you just look over and call Jerry in Dallas, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Dandy Don Merideth, Its when they had Danny White, Steve Pelluer, and Craig Morton they had down years. Tony Romo?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Snohomie":2pxkayag said:
Mark Sanchez > all.

Clearly the jets abandoned the GQ strategy with Geno, who always looks like he just pooped a little bit. He does have that quarterbacky name tho.

CPHawk

Reaction score
McNabb looked like Shaq love child.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
More good names-Johnny Unitas,Bart Starr ,Joe Theisman and Joe Namath..The ugly one who won consistantly Big Ben might be the closest but the guy is right for most part..Would Ken Stabler or Terry Bradshaw qualify for ugly too?lol still it's like 90% that are what that Texan fan posted

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's hard for Houston to pick just one formula for drafting a QB...if they had a choice they'd pick six.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't have to be pretty if your tough as nails, Sonny Jorgenson, Billy Kilmer. Or have a cannon or a great nick name, The Polish Rifel, The Snake, The Mad Bomber.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
chris98251":3p7dcr7o said:
IndyHawk":3p7dcr7o said:

I thought you just look over and call Jerry in Dallas, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Dandy Don Merideth, Its when they had Danny White, Steve Pelluer, and Craig Morton they had down years. Tony Romo?

Danny White may have never won a ring, but he also came along during some transitional and eventually permanently declining times for the Cowboys. He was a pretty damn good quarterback. And Craig Morton took two different teams to Super Bowls. I've got nothing for Pelluer, he's with Walsh, Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter.

Slingin Sammy Baugh remains one of the greatest named quarterbacks, and Norm "The Dutchman" Van Brocklin.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm more matching up QB's with succcess of the teams. I never liked Craig, he was a good QB granted just in the wrong place at the wrong time to really cement his spot. You follow Don Merideth and introduce Roger Staubach, go to Denver and look good and they bring in some sloutch named John Elway.

As far as Plunkett, had the look of the kid that everyone punched in the face and the swelling never went down, smart QB, good QB, was in New England when they were trying to figure out how to put things together and had some decent talent there. Steve Grogan showed up and by that time Plunkett had been beat up. Al Davis picked him up and had a team around him and he went to the dance.

Another QB that had a great name was Bert Jones for the Colts and he was good also except he through is body around like it was Super man and he ended up out of the league fast due to a lot of injuries.

To bad this guy wasn't able to play in this day and age, Sonny Sixkiller, thats a name!