J.J. Worton UCF Knights WR 6'2" 211#

ivotuk

Reaction score
Looks like a damn good receiver one I hope we get a chance to draft. He's been consistent in his 3 years at UCF and made probably the coolest catch in college football this year on a pass thrown by Blake Bortles who is a legitimate NFL talent himself.

Brandon Marshall is from UCF and was at the Bowl game last night. Central Florida has produced some very good NFL talent in the past.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/516039/jj-worton

2013: Catches: 47 Yards: 721 Average: 15.3 TDs: 17
2012: Catches: 44 Yards: 594 Average: 13.5 TDs: 5
2011: Catches: 41 Yards: 531 Average: 13.0 TDs: 4

[youtube]uV-f-x1PIi4[/youtube]

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Great post and deserves to be brought to the front since he is in play for 2015. I live near UCF and try to follow them as the local team.

J.J. Worton plays with fire in his gut. He's got some return ability as well. Unfortunately, he suffered an ACL injury this season, but should be on track.

There's actually a few UCF receivers worth consideration: (Junior) Breshad Perriman (son of former NFL WR Brett Perriman), J.J. Worton, and Rannell Hall.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... nnell-hall

[youtube]tqGv4tzBGvE[/youtube]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thanks :D I like to think that wide receivers are my forte as an amateur draftnik. JJ., John Brown and Odell Beckham were among my favorites last year. I liked Brown because he had speed and production, Beckham because of the way he snatched the ball from the air and the fact his parents were athletes and supported his career and J.J. because of his consistency and experience with a (IMHO) pro style QB in Bottles.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Breshad Perriman looks very intriguing.....he's 6'2/214. Nice catch for a last second victory against East Carolina a few weeks ago -

[youtube]E16tAjhW-bA[/youtube]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The more I look at Worton, the more he reminds me of Nate Burleson. Good, solid receiver, excellent punt returner, not spectacular, but valuable. I believe he could be had for a 5th or 6th Round pick.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
UCF lost their bowl game (made a comeback, but fell short to NC State.) But, Perriman had an excellent game and the announcers were giving him mad props. I'm not sure what's going on with his 2015 status. When I listen to UCF news... sounds as if they're planning for him to not be back. But, I don't think any of the draft sites are factoring him (yet) into the 2015 draft.

J.J. Worton is a gritty player. You know who loves gritty players.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3x6miejn said:
Breshad Perriman looks very intriguing.....he's 6'2/214. Nice catch for a last second victory against East Carolina a few weeks ago -

I think Perriman has considerably more upside than Worton.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":34025pj1 said:
hawkfan68":34025pj1 said:

I think Perriman has considerably more upside than Worton.
Probably. But, Worton is vastly underrated. He can probably be had as an UDRFA whereas it's looking like Perriman is rising up the draft boards. Worton did get into some trouble with the law in 2012. I'm sure that's a character concern and may factor into holding him back from his dream. It will be interesting to see if any team gives him a shot.