Players to evaluate from the Cotton Bowl & Orange Bowl

skater18000

Reaction score
I got my eyes on Mizzou's WR L'Damian Washington (4.3 speed, 6'4 size) and Clemons WR Sammy Watkins. Anyone else you guys are scouting?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am just watching the Cotton bowl. Interesting game so far. A few interceptions...so far.

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm just going to watch it one time through today, but I am recording it to scout some players later.

Missouri DE #52 Michael Sam, DE #47 Kony Ealy, and their highly underrated teammate #56 DE Shane Ray (Ray is the quickest of all Missouir's DE, but he is only a redshirt sophomore and is highly unlikely to declare for the draft).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ealy just got a couple of sacks. Nice work for him and he is about the right size too.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've really liked what I've seen out of Ealy. I'd love it if he became a Seahawk.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
SeatownJay":rl6ndp6h said:
I prefer Green-Beckam to Washington.

Washington has no damn targets and Beckam has looked unimpressive to me. He appears to me, to be a guy with a low rec/target percentage unlike a Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Green-Beckam is only a sophomore, so he'll have one more year in school to polish his skills before he goes pro. I think he'll be a better player than Washington.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
I've only watched Washington on YouTube. He has all the tools to be the next A.J Green. Why A.J Green? Washington has a simaler body (6'4 and skinny). Washington is much faster than Green, but not as polished as a route runner as A.J Green coming out. They play somewhat similarly, although the sample size for A.J Green is larger. Target Rec Yard Avg TD
2013 NFL season 178 98 1,426 14.6 11

Point is, Washington has a garbage quarterback from what I've seen thus far, is on a heavy run/qb run team that doesn't allow him to get quality targets. I believe his targets vastly hold back his production and he would excel in a balanced offense (like Seattle's) and with a quarterback capable of getting him the ball (like Seattle's).

Nice catches by Beckam and Washington there.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Okay if Watkins falls into the mid teens I'd be okay with trading up for him. He's ridiculous.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":hsays6eu said:
Okay if Watkins falls into the mid teens I'd be okay with trading up for him. He's ridiculous.

Sadly I've missed the majority of Sammy Watkins's plays, what's he done exactly Russellin?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
He's looking inside, ball goes outside, jumps, spins, high points it and comes down with the catch. That's the kind of catch I make in my dreams.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Watkins is reminding me Cordarrelle Patterson (who I still wish we had, but probably not at the sacrifice of Percy Harvin)

McGruff

Reaction score
Tracy Moore, WR, OK state is a late round prospect, but the's a guy I could see us looking at. Good size and bulk, adequate speed, high effort player. The team has been putting good receivers into the NFL, and while Moore isn't Blackmon or Bryant, he's got skills.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sammy Watkins is the real deal for sure. I also like Vic Beasley out of Clemson. I'm not sure where he'd fit but i like his speed and he gets after the QB.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
If we can't retain both Tate and Baldwin meaning one of them is lost in free agency (although Doug is a restricted free agent and Tate is almost certainly back IMO) I'd love Sammy Watkins in the first.

Imagine the packages you could put together with Watkins, Percy, Tate and or Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette, Willson, Miller, and our running backs that we all love so dearly.

If we traded up for Watkins, and it cost us our 32nd and 64th picks, we'd no longer have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if we were to do this, I'd like to see us draft a few O-Lineman and the rest defense. With this logic our draft should look something like this.

1.Watkins trade
2. Watkins trade
3. Percy trade
4. O-Line
5. DE
6. O-Line
7. CB