Caraun Reid DT Princeton Small school prospect

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I have never watched a Princeton game but Reid (6'2,305lbs,4.88-40) seems like a player with unique attributes that could do some good things on the seahawks D-line. The scouting report on Reid says he was often double and triple teamed but played with a non-stop motor to make plays or be disruptive on the line. This is the first I have heard of Reid and I don't know what level of competition he faced in the Ivy league but you have to take notice of a big man that can move like that. I think he could be good 4th or 5th round prospect for the seahawks if they went TE in round 1 and WR in round 2 or vice versa.

cover-2

Reaction score
Here is one of Reid's games.
[youtube]9E3DNowuJ3k[/youtube]

It's kind of difficult to get a true feel for his quickness, see that he is the NG on a 3-4 defense (is he being asked to 2 gap by his d-coordinator?). I would like to see him overpower his guy when he only has one offensive lineman on him. But add him to the list of players to track leading up to the draft. He is playing at the Senior Bowl, which will be a great opportunity to get a look at him during the practices.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I believe I brought him up a couple months ago on here and mentioned him with Howard Jones from Shepherd. Anyway, he's a guy I'd bet the front office will look into.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't really see much,he looks too small...Maybe I need glasses...

cover-2

Reaction score
IndyHawk":s93l4vuy said:
I don't really see much,he looks too small...Maybe I need glasses...

I kind of agree. Nothing special about his size or length, but he has been productive. He is going to the Senior Bowl, so NFL scouts are intrigued with him. He is just another one of the small school prospects to get a better look at against better competition. I want to see if he good initial quickness coming off the ball when doing the one-on-one drills.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I like Caruan Reid as a developmental 3-tech in the 4th or 5th round. Reid has speed,relentless effort, and should be a coachable player coming from a ivy league backround. I think he showed enough in the senior bowl to be worth a middle round investment could do damage as the one gap penetrating 3-tech with the right coaching. Seems like a faster Jordan Hill in my opinion.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Reid may have played his way into the 3rd round though, where the Hawks have no pick, or at least higher in the 4th round... besides those back to back sacks, he also had a good week of practice. If not, yeah, that 4th round pick would be a good deal if they have not already taken a DT with one of their first 2 picks.

SDHawk

Reaction score
George Uko is a better interior pass rusher and Justin Ellis is a better NT prospect. I'd take these two over Caraun Reid in the middle rounds.