Mid-Round Guard

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Xavier Su'a Filo - OG - UCLA

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... er-suafilo

"Powerfully-built. Very good initial quickness, hand placement and impressive upper body strength to gain the initial advantage on defenders. Due to his core strength and flexibility, Su'a-Filo anchors very well against bull-rushes and shows lateral agility and balance in pass pro. Perfect match in UCLA's drive-blocking scheme, but has the athleticism to fit in a zone-blocking scheme as well."

[youtube]wCc1flncdYo[/youtube]

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
He could be a decent OL pick for the Seahawks, however, it seems his stock has increased over the last few weeks. I'm not sure he would be a viable 1-st round pick, and he's likely gone before the Seahawks #64, second round pick. I think the op is dealing with some out of date ranking information but I appreciate the reasoning for a mid-round OL pick. I'm all for OT-Billy Turner, hopefully in round 4 or so.

The current ranking of Su'a-Filo even at cbssports.com is #34 overall and he is projected as an early 2-nd. round pick, others.......

OG-Xavier Su'a-Filo:
" " " , #49 overall at drafttek.com, projected mid 2-nd round pick.
" " " , #38 overall at optimumscouting.com, projected early 2-nd round.
" " " , #39 overall at profootballscout.com, projected early 2-nd round.

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Calling any draft info "out of date" as far as predicted selection number this far before the draft is rather pointless isn't it? Maybe he runs the slowest history in the combine or any number of factors and drops. Or climbs. It doesn't really matter if its current or not this far away though, its just about the scouting of the player. Which was all I was really trying to promote. I would not select him in the first round either though, it would have to at least be 2nd.

Mid-round was probably optimistic, but I definitely meant post-first, and anything after that is pretty much anyone's guess which round he goes and what happens. Just an interesting player.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I like Filo, looks very athletic... can really see it when he's pulling and getting out to his assignment. He seems a little on the lighter side and can stand to add some weight and upperbody strength. I think he could be a great fit and wouldn't mind taking him in 2nd provided that we trade out of the 1st.

CPHawk

Reaction score
When is Yankee expected to go? He would be a hell of a guard for us.