Would a tall WR improve R. Wilson's vision in the pocket ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
This is just my opinion but after watching R. Wilson's struggles from the pocket I think if he had some WR's that were taller than 5'11/6'0 he would be able to see better down field from the pocket. Becuase I would expect everyone to start playing Russell Wilson this way and the hawks need to help him and Lynch out. I would say double down on WR and snag a TE this year in the draft.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Zach Miller and Luke Willson are taller than 5'11/6'0. They need to use these guys more in the passing attack. Not sure why they don't. Zach Miller had a monster game in the playoffs against the Falcons.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Play calling and offensive line are more important.
That said, every team can use a tall receiver, especially in the red zone.
I really expect the offense to be light's out tomorrow. This game is too important. I hope PC trusts Wilson more with throws ...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wilson can roll out to see everything if needed and take off if he sees nothing..Tall helps but if they can't catch or run routes they mean nothing.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3bknqbo2 said:
Wilson can roll out to see everything if needed and take off if he sees nothing..Tall helps but if they can't catch or run routes they mean nothing.

Last 4 games the opponents game plan against R. Wilson has been to keep him in the pocket then cut off his vision/throwing lanes. This is all speculation and my opinion but If you ever watch Drew Brees sometimes he looks like he's tippy toeing behind his O-line to see his bigger WR's. I think having big WR's helps him being a smaller pocket passing QB see the field and his WR's.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":2i0avbts said:
IndyHawk":2i0avbts said:

Last 4 games the opponents game plan against R. Wilson has been to keep him in the pocket then cut off his vision/throwing lanes. This is all speculation and my opinion but If you ever watch Drew Brees sometimes he looks like he's tippy toeing behind his O-line to see his bigger WR's. I think having big WR's helps him being a smaller pocket passing QB see the field and his WR's.

Drew Brees' favorite receiver is Jimmy Graham....who happens to be a TE.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
idk how anyone could argue against this really. bunch of guys running around...whos going to stick out more...a 5 10 guy or 6 5? hmm...

not to mention he can throw it up higher and let his wrs go get it, which will make him harder to pick if he cant see defenders sitting underneath. i know we all love baldwins and kearse' latest catches but lets be honest here... some of those catches just wouldnt look so hard if the wr was already bigger. russ throws a great jump ball we just dont have wrs that are meant for that, even if they arnt bad at doing so.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He needs any Red Zone threat he can get help from.

If the guy is 5'5" but can snag jump balls because he has a 50 inch vertical jump...by all means...get him.

If he runs such crisp routes he gets a few feet of seperation in half a step...go after him.

The Red Zone has been somewhat shaky this season, and could use some tweaking for sure. Not too worried though.

McGruff

Reaction score
He need either a big guy or a guy who excels at separation. Even in our win yesterday, there was no separation downfield. None.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It would be such a big help in the red zone. Remember the game winner kelvin benjamin grabbed in the national championship this year? Winston just threw it up high and the big man skyed up and snagged it. That is what we lack.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Won't matter until Pete becomes a little less obsessed with the play-action pass.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it would help to have a tall receiver out there. I'd be curious to see how much different Russell has played since Sidney Rice went down.