Aaron Donald DT getting noticed at senior bowl

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Over at Draftinsider.net they are saying Donald despite his lack of ideal height has looked great physically at the weigh-in's. Here is a quote from draftinsider.net about his perfromance at the first day of the senior bowl practice "Beat blockers all day with power,quickness,finesse, and athleticism. Big winner of the day".

I like the potential of Donald's versatility in the seahawks scheme but I think WR is a higher priority.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I was just coming to post this. He's such an intriguing guy. Clearly dominated at the college level but some people are skeptical of him. If the hawks trade out of the 1st, I wouldn't mind them trying to snag him in the early 2nd.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There's always that ceiling type skepticism on guys like that. He's always been a good player and it's easy to see it on tape. He has a lot of tools that he uses effectively that are solid.

His size and lack of ability to grow physically kind of hem him into a situational role guy. He doesn't have a lot left on his frame -- he is pretty maxed out in that regard. His arms are on the shorter side.

He is a high floor guy and there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't see Seattle really going for low floor type prospects. That's just not how this team rolls. Not that early anyway.

I personally like him, but I have to say honestly, I probably don't consider him until the 3rd round. Those 2nd round players should be starters. Donald seems more like a 3rd down passing down type DT.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Echoes my sentiments exactly. I love Donald, but couldn't bite before the 3rd round. The size really is an issue, and this isn't a RW height thing. This is an actual height/weight issue that is really paramount to not being abused in the trenches. He's a tremendous player, but he can't get much bigger and what position would he play on our DL in base packages?

Attyla the Hawk":1jtgq4mk said:
There's always that ceiling type skepticism on guys like that. He's always been a good player and it's easy to see it on tape. He has a lot of tools that he uses effectively that are solid.

His size and lack of ability to grow physically kind of hem him into a situational role guy. He doesn't have a lot left on his frame -- he is pretty maxed out in that regard. His arms are on the shorter side.

He is a high floor guy and there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't see Seattle really going for low floor type prospects. That's just not how this team rolls. Not that early anyway.

I personally like him, but I have to say honestly, I probably don't consider him until the 3rd round. Those 2nd round players should be starters. Donald seems more like a 3rd down passing down type DT.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
He's a quick, undersized DT, who can create pressure from the inside.

That said, mock drafts have him selected in the mid-first round range.

BHF

Reaction score
Amazing 40 time, and an impressive 10 yard split. Unless he gets hit by a car between now and the draft, he's not falling to 32.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Jeez, I cant believe some of you guys are saying you wouldn't want him until the third (not that we even have a third).

I'd do cartwheels if we got him in the 1st. And if he fell to our 2nd? I'd likely be incontinent with joy.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a special player. The kind of guy that a team with no urgent needs is compelled to take and torpedo any trade in the works.

He's a player you can't refuse.