Seahawks first round pick.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I really really want Kelvin Benjamin. Wilson tends to throw high and not give the defenders any chance at the ball and I think Kelvin would excel here with Wilson throwing to him. His huge frame and catch radius is the type of receiver this team needs at this point. I can't stop thinking how perfect he would be for our offense.
What player do you guys like(really really want) in the first round?

Edit: here is a little scouting snippet on Kelvin

STRENGTHS: Near-tight end size (6-5, 235) with a ridiculously large wingspan, giving him a catching radius that is probably on-par with anyone at the NFL level. Shows the gliding speed and short-area quickness to create some separation and be a terror in jump-ball situations, especially in the red zone.

WEAKNESSES: Still developing as a route-runner.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Give me a 6'2 + WR in the 1st or 2nd rd. I want RW to have a big target on the outside he can just throw it up to and that had a high upside. KB would be a nice get at #32.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2iq1uc7q said:
I really really want Kelvin Benjamin. Wilson tends to throw high and not give the defenders any chance at the ball and I think Kelvin would excel here with Wilson throwing to him. His huge frame and catch radius is the type of receiver this team needs at this point. I can't stop thinking how perfect he would be for our offense.

STRENGTHS: Near-tight end size (6-5, 235) with a ridiculously large wingspan, giving him a catching radius that is probably on-par with anyone at the NFL level. Shows the gliding speed and short-area quickness to create some separation and be a terror in jump-ball situations, especially in the red zone.

I'd add a few things to the weaknesses... such as his tendency to drop some of the easiest passes you'll ever see.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really too early to say at this point in the offseason. A big WR like Benjamin wouldn't be a bad pick.. but if Bennett leaves in FA, then we may need to reassess pick 32.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":8ldbg76a said:
Natethegreat":8ldbg76a said:

I'd add a few things to the weaknesses... such as his tendency to drop some of the easiest passes you'll ever see.
Yeah, which would be about the only reason he would actually drop to 31/32 plus the amount of talent coming out this year. The guy has the upside of a guy like Calvin Johnson and to pick him up that late in the round would be amazing. Could he not reach his full potential? Of course but his upside is incredible for a mid late round first round prospect.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I would like to see Kelvin Benjamin in the scramble drill with Russell Wilson. I bet their was alot of run n gun type plays at FSU. I did'nt get to watch any games except the NCG so i don't know too much on Benjamin but in the Seahawks system he would have to be a team player or it would'nt work.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I wouldn't have a big problem with it, but remember there are warts to his game...
[youtube]3llpin2PFv4[/youtube]

we'll see if he's on the board at #32 or #31. I wouldn't object to picking him. He could be a guy slower to develop like Tate was.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
Allen Robinson. as stated in my signature below. Mock drafts have us taking him if we win the SB. I Think a 6'3 guy tha almost hits 40 in.'s on his vertical and runs in the 4.4 mid range is what we need to be dynamic and dominant in the passing game. I saw him a little here ane there and remembered him from watching college fb this year but i really looked into him once i saw that we have a chance at gettin him. The same mock draft had san fran taking a 6'0 wr that runs a 4.35. Even though he was giving a higher draft rating, i hope if he is still available along with Robinson we take Rob. If you guys would like to look into him i believe his name is Odelle Beckham jr(might be becket or something of that sort, and i am sure i mispelled). I dont know if he has a higher draft status or if Jerimiah was guessing what better fits the 49ers and the Hawks.
I really believe with a healthy Percy Harvin aside Tate, Baldwin, and Allen Robinson with Kearse thrown in of course and a constantly improving RW3 we could be a top 5 offense. Could you imagine how efficient Beastmode would run with a potent passing game.
I really hope Kearse stays in the lineup. He makes so many clutch deep catchs and Russ seems to really trust him down field and of course Its cool knowing someone that dates a hawk. Aside from the fumbled return back when he was doing returns he has caught nearly every catchable ball thrown in his direction. Of course he made it up with a td catch in that tampa comeback.
Back to what this section of the site is about.
I really think we should strengthen our o-line, I am really interested how Carpenter grows into his new role, he was a 1st rounder for christ sake. And yes we have great/promising pieces and I am aware of how our guys were shuffled and injured and how lines need chemistry but this year was unacceptable. I cant quote the numbers off recalection but we were among the worst of protecting our qb, and the worst 2/3 way through the season. And this was all with the best QB in the league at avoiding sacks!
The funny thing is I saw the best production before we got Okung and either Unger or Breno G back. Once they had got used to eachother and put the pieces in correctly, mainly getting rid of the god AWFUL Paul Mquistan at LT or anywhere for that matter(sp?) he has a culminative pass block rating of -27.6 at LT rated by PFT or FO. I would say stop paying okung if he was even averaging -3 to put in perspective. Though what I was seeing could of been a lack of pass rush because i believe I recall them playing really good for one game before we started slowly getting the pieces back.
Even though Breno Giac plays good, i think we need to cut him. Straight up cut. I HATE that we are the most penalized team, i would hate to be in the top 10 even. Most the time a team with a penalty problem points to bad coaching, but i know thats not the case. Pete is great. It must be that we are such a young team.
But a great strart to not being the team getting the most of those wretched POS flags would be to get rid of the guy that leads his position in penalty flags in the ENTIRE NFL. Im tired of seeing Marshawn bust a 15 yarder on an already bad day for him just for it to be called badk on a hold on the opposite side of the line. And the false starts, which I am pretty sure he leads the NFL in, or very close. Not to mention he is a dirty player, i like the tenacity and the attitude but he took that 49er d-lineman outfor the season by breaking his ankle on one of those "controversial" dive chop blocks, cant remember the term.
If we strengthen our wide core. Get improved O line production next season. Than i think we have a decision, get a TE that can catch that we can teach to block or put our chips in with Luke wilson. I say we give him a year to possibly have a cheaper Zac miller (we pay him in the same range as Harvin, overpaid) i know he is a phenom at blocking but he isnt doing what Cable got from him in Oakland. I actually think TE is fine if we are getting Anthony McCoy back healthy like he was.
Which in my mind leaves us with the D-line. We got some major guys across the D that are going to need to be payed a lot more. We have to keep all the main LOB and LB core. We obviously are going to have to make our D line every down starter guys. Which i think needs to be Bennet Avril on the outside, and Mebane, Red, and Mcdaniel. I say D-line cause we simply will not be able to afford the array of rushers we have, luckily we seem to have a few key guys rising to the top. I love clemmons but avril is just too amazing, game altering play almost every game. Hes 3rd all time in strip sacks and he is active, 6 of his 8 sacks were strips. And Bennet is phenomenal. His versatility alone being able to play any spot. He and Avril are rated #2 and #5 by FO in generating pressure from theDE spot. Which leaves me to my point, like we have produced stars in the the D backfield for cheap; we need to achieve that in the trenches as well, on both sides. It isnt a coincidence Carroll finding db's with Shnieder, he is a xDB coach.
Aside from those facets of the team it is really to difficult to say, aside from a few obvious guys like we dont know who Carrol and Shnied will keep due to cap restrictions.
Does anyone else think Sherm might want a massive contract and possibly we can avoid that for a year or so by franchising him. He thinks he is the best corner, he is right, and with him wanting to get paid like it, and Darrelle Reevis' massive paid too much contract it scares me. Everyone who pays attention knows he and Reevis hate eachother. Rich may want to not only out-do him on the field, but in his contract. Cause a team will probably be willing to pay him that. Which we would get the curteous gesture of the oppurtunity to match and we might not be able to. It would be the Walter Jones thing allover again, and i dont want us to lose a great player because we didnt give him The Tag.
Not to mention i think it would be cheaper. I am told it is an average of the top 3 contracts in that given position. With Reevus slightly over 10mil(12-13?trying to remember) and the others around 8-9 it would be a mill. or two under Reevus'.
Sorry, pretty long, haven't been on The .net in awhile and had an abundance on my mind.
Just my 2 cents

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Didn't you read the who has better wrs thread? Based on our logic on here we have better wrs then the broncos so you're way wrong op. Give up, we have elite wrs already, none of your points about how RW throws make sense.

:sarcasm_off:

:pukeface:

But seriously, let's please Draft kb, or even Allen Robinson. We desperately need bigger targets.

You know all those awesome leaping and falling "clutch"catches db makes? Wouldn't be nearly as hard looking if he was a bigger guy, I know many people on here refuse to admit that but it's the sad reality.

I also wouldn't mind them double dipping at bigger wrs since it's such a strong class.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Martavis Bryant sounds like our kind of receiver honestly, and he'll be projected late 2nd-3rd round, so chances are john and pete will take him in the first. Let's be real here

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":22ylpyqq said:
Didn't you read the who has better wrs thread? Based on our logic on here we have better wrs then the broncos so you're way wrong op. Give up, we have elite wrs already, none of your points about how RW throws make sense.

:sarcasm_off:

:pukeface:

But seriously, let's please Draft kb, or even Allen Robinson. We desperately need bigger targets.

You know all those awesome leaping and falling "clutch"catches db makes? Wouldn't be nearly as hard looking if he was a bigger guy, I know many people on here refuse to admit that but it's the sad reality.

I also wouldn't mind them double dipping at bigger wrs since it's such a strong class.
Agreed, about picking up two receivers. If we were able to select KB in the first and Coleman in the second I would be elated. I can't imagine both would flame out.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
If we got kb and Coleman I wouldn't know what to do myself. What a dream Draft. Watch rw go off next season with some real weapons. Either way I just hope they don't over spend on Tate and db with the kind of cheap talent that will be available. Spending any more money on wr then we already are seems Un wise for how much we throw.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I Actually hope we keep Baldwin. He is a clutch receiver that is currently well underpaid. Tate is good but if he wants too much I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Well obviously you don't get rid of db at his current pay scale. Just be interesting to see if they put a tag on him or try to extend him. I think Tate will be cheaper to keep, I also Would prefer to keep him, he's a better football player overall imo, and more durable. The clutch phrase is way over blown on here but such is life on .net.

I would be ecstatic if we got a 2nd or 3rd for db this off season but I guess I'm an a hole. Whether we agree or not, one things for sure, People will be heart broken and people will be leaving.

wayupna

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... n-matthews

If he is still on the board at #32 i would be going for a WR myself and for me its Jordan Matthews out a Vanderbilt..

Big guy at 6'3 and can move well, has good pace and movement, can cut quickly which i like and can also run well with the ball once he is in procession.

I hope he is still left but i think he will possibly be taken when it gets to us , but one can but hope.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
^ wouldnt be mad about matthews either. be interesting to see how many of these wrs are still available. really looks like a big guy is destined to fall in our lap if we want him.

HawkStar22":1th1zq2w said:
He will be a Colt. He has a crush on Luck.

db? thats what im saying. i just see him with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove that he cant prove here in Seattle. ultimately i could see him being a colt, and considering they gave up a first for trent i hope we get something decent for him while we can.

HawkStar22

Reaction score
I agree. I remember in an interview (I think before the Colts game) when he was asked to compare Luck and Wilson and he sort of avoided the question but seemed to side with Luck as the better player. I know the colts have a need at WR, He loves Luck, and they throw a ton. If they made him an offer I think he would go there in a heartbeat. However, if we tender him I'm not sure what the Colts would be willing to give up considering they're already down a 1st from the TRich deal.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Glad to hear im not one of the only ones mentioning this. I think we all appreciate db here, and i think he loves being here proving himself, but i think hes also mentioned wanting to be the best, something statistically he wont be able to do here. im also admittedly saying this cause i absolutely hate the idea of investing decent chunks of money into a player like him that we could easily replace imo.

even if we got our 3rd back this year id be happy, i have no clue what his value is though. on these boards people make him sound like a 1st or 2nd. but i think id even be fine with a 4th tbh.