My 1st (Ever) Seahawks 2014 Mock Draft

wayupna

Reaction score
I love the draft we don't have that over here in the UK for our sports and i think our sports would benefit 100% from it however.

I have seen a few posts on here about MOCK Drafts and i thought i would have a go at it, i love the draft on Madden25 and scout my players something rotten so i have spent most of the day looking over a few players and this is my MockDraft1.0 i dare say i will be chopping and changing this over the coming weeks/months.

I know not everyone will agree and that's the beauty of the sport as we all have different opinions which makes the sport we love 10 times better to support.

So here i go,

I have taken into account the players we are possibly going to loose in the off season but these are the guys early doors i would love to see in a Seahawks Jersey

RD1. Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt
Jordan to me is a big guy who can move his feet very well, he can catch spectacular and is good on the run with the ball in possession as well. I appreciate that Percey will (all been well) be 100% fit next season but i see Rice going and Tate not staying (but will be happy if he does) so i think Jordan will go well with Kearse and Baldwin as well as Harvin.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... n-matthews

RD2. Morgan Moses - OL - Virginia
Lets be honest about it our OL has looked poor over the last few weeks and the protection for the Beast has been poor, Morgan has good strength and power and moves his feet and hands well from what i can see and have seen of him. I think he would be a great addition to our OL
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... rgan-moses

RD4. George Uko - DT - South California
Explosive guy who can get to the QB quick enough from what i can see from game tape, good strength and will do us well with the guys we look set to loose on the D
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... george-uko

RD5. Cassius Marsh - DE - UCLA
All i can say about Cassius is there was just something from watching Game film i liked about him however last year i said the same about John Lotulelei and he did not work out for us. But i feel that Cassius could become a good back up for us and i believe i might be wrong here he is adaptable to playing in other roles.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... sius-marsh

RD5. Jacob Pedersen - TE - Wisconsin
Jacob has already worked with Russ back in 2011 season at Wisconsin and he grabbed himself 8 TD's that season. He looks and moves alot like Luke Willson who i know the Seahawks are hopeful will show a little more in the 2014 season so could Jacob add more fight to the TE spot next season, also im not 100% convinced by Zach great player but there is something about him that i dont sit well with.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... b-pedersen

RD6. John Urschel - G - Penn State
Not too much info knocking about John, but from what i can see if he does go in this draft it will be late or not at all. He appears to me to have good Run Block abilities and protects his QB well.
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... hn-urschel

RD7. Glenn Carson - ILB - Penn State
Another player that i think will be a good added back up to our D, lets be honest its going be hard for any player to come in and improve what we have to offer on D but this guy is a good tackler and with the right coaching can become a good solid player perhaps.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... son-1.html

There i go with my MockDraft1.0

As i say im new to this in real life last 2 years i have not followed college ball all too much as here in the UK we dont get coverage, but this last year i have watched loads of games over the net and been reading up on them most weeks on blogs and twitter etc

I will readdress my draft around March to see what changes i might make and post back...

Any feedback is welcomed and will be taken on board no matter how good or bad. Thanks for the time fellow 12's

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I like the direction of your mock. Only think is maybe you meant Uko in the 4th and not the 3rd since we don't have a 3rd.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Okay, I'm bored too, so here is how I currently have the draft playing out, I'll be adjusting as player rankings change through the "process", probably on a daily basis. Oh well, keeps me off the streets.

Trade down #32 FOR: #49 & #80. (+/-) I think NY Jets hold picks 18, 49, 69 & 80, will they want to move up leaving them with picks #18, #32 & #69? If they love a particular guy, I could see this trade back to bottom of the 1-st Rd for them (and - we know their GM well). The Seahawks currently have a big gap between #64 and #128 (or so) and there are some exciting, potentially very good players in that range. The draft trade chart generally, would support the proposed trade above.

Rd. 2/49----OG-Cyril Richardson, Baylor, 6-5, 348 (Help on the O-Line, road grader?)
-----------or-OT-Antonio Richardson, Tennessee, 6-6, 327 (Help on the O-Line at ORT?)

Rd. 2/64----WR-Brandon Coleman, Rutgers, 6-5, 220, (tall, decent speed w/ upside)
-----------or-WR-Martavis Bryant, Clemson, 6-4, 200, 4.28-4.38/40 ?? (Possible FAST, skinny Calvin Johnson type.)

Rd. 3/80----CB-Keith McGill, Utah, 6-3, 214 ( speedy & fits the mold of tall DB's, replacing BB's spot.)
---------or- CB- Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska, 6-3, 215 (fits the mold of tall DB's, replacing BB's spot.)

Rd. 4/128---WR-Donte Moncreif, Miss, 6-2, 226, 4.48/40 (great blocker, big body, decent catcher.)
---------or- WR-Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin, 6-1, 189 (great route runner & RW knows him.)

Rd. 5/136---DT-Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech, 6-2, 342 (Some extra meat for the middle of the DL?)
-----------or-DE-Brent Urban, Virginia, 6-6, 298 (Raw, development needed but has huge upside.)

Rd. 5/160---TE-Marcel Jensen, Fresno State, 6-6, 264 (for needed competition at TE.)
-----------or-DE-James Gayle, Virginia Tech, 6-4, 255 (LEO?, fairly good speed? Not sure about him yet.)

Rd. 6/192---DT-Jay Bromley, Syracuse, 6-3, 307 ( into a good rotational DL guy?)
-----------or-DT-Deandre Coleman, California, 6-5, 315 (a good rotational DL guy?)

Rd. 7/224---OT-Jeremiah Sirles, Nebraska, 6-7, 315 (Developmental OT, size, nice upside, under-rated.)
-----------or-OG-Kadeem Edwards, Tennessee St, 6-4, 309 (under radar, decent small school guard.)

UDFA----QB-Conner Shaw, So. Carolina, 6-0, 209 ( clutch, could he be RW backup?)
UDFA----OG-Brian Clarke, Bloomsburg, 6-2, 305 (Very strong guy, watch combine!)
UDFA----CB-Keon Lyn, Syracuse, 6-1, 201 (Injury, but some have said Rd 1 or 2 type of CB, no risks here!)
....Totals: 3-OL, 2-WR, 2-DL, 2-DB, 1-QB & 1-TE, all together = 11 picks.

OP
OP
wayupna

wayupna

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ, great draft there.. Cyril Richardson i must admit is on me board as a player i wouldn't mind us looking at. A few names on here i have not considered and thats the best think about fan mock drafts it opens your eyes to players you normally dismiss.

Jared Abbrederis, is also a player on my own board and like you say Russ has thrown to him before so he will know what he is getting with the guy he hit him for 8TD's when they worked together.
I will have to take a good look at Marcel Jensen you are the 2nd to hit him on a mock draft.

As far as UDFA goes i think we will defo take a QB and Conner Shaw would be a nice addition but i think we might see what other players at QB get released to fill that back up spot.

All in all a great Mock..