Trade out of the #32 spot (that feels so good to say)

davidonmi

Reaction score
this team definitely has needs, but none are really pressing.
I'd like to add a pass rusher
add a big physical WR
add a couple O-lineman, especially if breno is gone
maybe a LBer
a TE maybe.
Maybe you trade back twice and accumulate a ton of picks.
What's great is none of those really have to be addressed

chris98251

Reaction score
Physical WR taken care of really, Kearse is only going to get better, Rice could come back at a discount.

JKent82

Reaction score
It's nice after all these years of joking about who we should pick at #32 to finally get too. I kinda want to just keep it.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't we trade that away for Percy, or was that next year's #1?

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
sutz":18nv4c1p said:
Didn't we trade that away for Percy, or was that next year's #1?
no, I believe we lost a 3 this year, that was last year's one, even more reason to trade down, I also believe we have an extra 5 from flynn

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
We'll probably need a pass catcher or two if Tate, Rice, and Miller go. If Rice re-structures, still grab one.

But as you said, our needs are WR, OG, and TE. We can get starting quality OGs in later rounds and good developmental WR/TE in later rounds, too. I agree, trade out of #32.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Our rookies didn't even hardly see the field This year.. There's no point Imo to trade down for more picks unless the value really isn't there. We need quality not quantity.

Sidney rice is a physical football player? ????? You mean Sidney glass rice? The guy who begs for flags every time someone touches him?

Kearse is a tough gamer and much more scrappy then rice but I don't see him being the big wr we need.

Give Wilson some bigger toys, it's a good Draft to do so.

I don't think Miller is leaving. We already paid him his money but i could see it under certain conditions.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I know we've spent a decent amount of picks in the o-line but we still need some improvement there, especially at the guards. They got blown backwards against an improved but overall average Denver run defense. I'd love for a mid round guy to drop to us.

Sidney Rice is a #1 and is the best "wide receiver" we have. Our offense doesn't require an AJ Green and he wouldn't see double coverage all the time with Percy healthy. We played against the best defenses in the NFL to close out the year, most offenses wouldn't click as well compared to playing in the defenseless AFC. No WR will be seeing 10+ passes per game as long as our defense plays the way it does and Marshawn keeps up this level of play. I would love to restructure his contract to an incentive based one and he seems like he wants to stay in Seattle. I saw him talking and cheering for everyone in street clothes every game; he clearly loves the team. That way we keep him and if he does put up some big numbers, gets deserved money. This draft does have a ton of solid WR potential though.

I think our secondary is set for the next decade in terms of starters and depth. Supposedly the back ups and PS guys have been looking real sharp in practice. DBs are Pete's child though so I imagine we will still see a few late round guys.

Miller already got most of his contract and next year I think is only making around 4 million. No need to change that for a guy who is fantastic in the run game and although runs with a piano on his back has shown to be a solid receiver. Luke Willson is our future TE I think.

I love our defensive line rotation but it might be tough to keep everyone around. We just don't have enough money to give everyone a good contract. I think who we re-sign/cut/leaves will determine how much we put into the d-line.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
davidonmi":mc72ycb6 said:
this team definitely has needs, but none are really pressing.
I'd like to add a pass rusher
add a big physical WR
add a couple O-lineman, especially if breno is gone
maybe a LBer
a TE maybe.
Maybe you trade back twice and accumulate a ton of picks.
What's great is none of those really have to be addressed

Take the best TALL WR/TE or pass rusher available the good ones are always gone by the 2nd round. If you keep trading back somtimes you miss out on difference makers. Look how the pats always trade back acquire a bunch of picks and still have a sorry D.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I would like to see an OT or OG in the 1st round, but considering the lack of depth in the draft, and PC/JS's stubborn will to cobble together an O-line out of my mailman and your neighbors plumber, I doubt it happens.

A big physical WR would be nice, but I wouldn't compromise missing out on a more talented player at a different position to select a WR mainly because he is big.

I honestly don't see them taking a TE in the first round. They could put sweezy as a TE and he could do the majority of Millers job, which is to block.

I think with how many people on the D-line are in interesting contract situations, we draft a D-lineman to alleviate some of the pressure of re-signing some of those guys.

kearly

Reaction score
Nobody will know whether it's a good idea to move up or down or not at all until about an hour before the pick hits the clock. At most.

For the record, I do expect a move down being "plan A". We only have seven picks this year (minus a 3rd, plus a 5th), and are not likely to receive comp picks after the Bennett and Avril signings last year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":36tjwggu said:
Nobody will know whether it's a good idea to move up or down or not at all until about an hour before the pick hits the clock. At most.

For the record, I do expect a move down being "plan A". We only have seven picks this year (minus a 3rd, plus a 5th), and are not likely to receive comp picks after the Bennett and Avril signings last year.

Yeah, I agree. Unless one or two guys just slip to us I kind of expect we'll play a little russian roulette and see what comes out of the mid 2nd and/or mid third rounds. The combine will certainly create some risers. Seattle is notorious of already having their prospect grades done before the combine.

I'm pretty sure there will be a pocket of talent that we look at maybe in the 40-55 range. Seattle is pretty good at reading other teams' tea leaves and I expect we'll add picks later. I know a lot of us are high on Coleman, but it doesn't seem like that estimation is universal. We may still be targetting him, but just taking a gamble that he falls further. Maybe even move our 1st and 2nd for a 2nd, 3rd/4th and 5th. We do love those 5th round picks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":2gjaooz9 said:
I know we've spent a decent amount of picks in the o-line but we still need some improvement there, especially at the guards. They got blown backwards against an improved but overall average Denver run defense. I'd love for a mid round guy to drop to us.

Sidney Rice is a #1 and is the best "wide receiver" we have. Our offense doesn't require an AJ Green and he wouldn't see double coverage all the time with Percy healthy. We played against the best defenses in the NFL to close out the year, most offenses wouldn't click as well compared to playing in the defenseless AFC. No WR will be seeing 10+ passes per game as long as our defense plays the way it does and Marshawn keeps up this level of play. I would love to restructure his contract to an incentive based one and he seems like he wants to stay in Seattle. I saw him talking and cheering for everyone in street clothes every game; he clearly loves the team. That way we keep him and if he does put up some big numbers, gets deserved money. This draft does have a ton of solid WR potential though.

I think our secondary is set for the next decade in terms of starters and depth. Supposedly the back ups and PS guys have been looking real sharp in practice. DBs are Pete's child though so I imagine we will still see a few late round guys.

Miller already got most of his contract and next year I think is only making around 4 million. No need to change that for a guy who is fantastic in the run game and although runs with a piano on his back has shown to be a solid receiver. Luke Willson is our future TE I think.

I love our defensive line rotation but it might be tough to keep everyone around. We just don't have enough money to give everyone a good contract. I think who we re-sign/cut/leaves will determine how much we put into the d-line.

At this point, I don't want us drafting OL in the first round anymore. We can't get it right, so hit the FA market for legit starting guards.