Hakeem Nicks or Sidney Rice?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
If somehow things don't work out in the draft and Seattle does not come back with a legitimate red zone mismatch at WR. Then free agency is the only option becuase seattle needs that no matter what next year. The current market for the big target WR in free agency is thin so it basically boils down to Rice or Nicks. If we had to pick between these two i go with Rice all day he's made big plays for us and he knows the system but he has got to restructure to take the home town discount big time. Nicks is just as injury prone and I don't see a seattle going with someone that called it in last year with the rest of the Giants.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I love that we just won a Super Bowl without a "legitimate red zone mismatch at WR" but now we "need one no matter what next year". ;)

Not that I don't think it would be great to have one, I do. And I don't know if Sidney is actually that anyway, really ended up being more of a possession guy for us. Love him though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Rice is definitely worth having on this team as a good tall possession receiver, at the right price. If the price isn't right then there are a lot of interesting UFA wideouts this offseason and what looks like a strong draft class.

Sidney Rice - 6'4" 202lb age 27

Notable Unrestricted FA sorted by size
Danario Alexander - 6'5" 217lb age 25
Kassim Osgood - 6'5" 220lb age 33
Joe Webb - 6'4" 220lb age 27
Kenny Britt - 6'3" 223lb age 25
Eric Decker - 6'3" 214lb age 26
Darrius Heyward-Bey - 6'2" 219lb age 26
Jacoby Jones - 6'2" 215lb age 29
Robert Meachem - 6'2" 210lb age 29
Domenik Hixon - 6'2" 197lb age 29
Jerome Simpson - 6'2" 190lb age 28
Anquan Boldin - 6'1" 222lb age 33
Josh Morgan - 6'1" 220lb age 28
Josh Cribbs - 6'1" 215lb age 30
Brandon Tate - 6'1" 210lb age 26
James Jones - 6'1" 208lb age 29
Hakeem Nicks - 6'1" 208lb age 26
Jerricho Cotchery - 6'1" 200lb age 31
Damian Williams - 6'1" 193lb age 25
Andre Caldwell - 6'0" 200lb age 28
Jeremy Maclin - 6'0" 198lb age 25
Mario Manningham - 6'0" 185lb age 27
Andre Roberts - 5'11" 195lb age 26
Devin Hester - 5'11" 190lb age 31
Ted Ginn Jr. - 5'11" 188lb age 28
Emmanuel Sanders - 5'11" 180lb age 26
Julian Edelman - 5'10" 198lb age 27
Santana Moss - 5'10" 189lb age 34
Jacoby Ford - 5'9" 190lb age 26
Dexter McCluster - 5'9" 172lb age 25

Notable draft prospects sorted by size
Brandon Coleman - 6'6" 220lb
Kelvin Benjamin - 6'5" 234lb
Mike Evans - 6'5" 225lb
Cody Hoffman - 6'5" 215lb
Martavius Bryant - 6'5" 200lb
Devin Street - 6'4" 190lb
Donte Moncrief - 6'3" 226lb
Jordan Matthews - 6'3" 205lb
Allen Robinson - 6'3" 204lb
Davante Adams - 6'2" 216lb
Cody Latimer - 6'3" 215lb
Mike Davis - 6'2" 195lb
Jared Abbrederis - 6'2" 188lb
Sammy Watkins - 6'1" 200lb
Paul Richardson - 6'1" 170lb
Jarvis Landry - 6'1" 195lb
Marqise Lee - 6'0" 190lb
Odell Beckham, Jr - 6'0" 187lb
Josh Huff - 5'11" 205lb
Brandin Cooks - 5'10" 186lb
Tevin Reese - 5'10" 170lb
Bruce Ellington - 5'9" 196lb
Dri Archer - 5'8" 175lb

davidonmi

Reaction score
the free agent WR class sucks, flat out, Boldin, no thanks, Maclin, Manningham are recievers we sorta already have in Kearse, McCluster no we have harvin, if we could get tate for a good price he looks the most attractive to me.
In terms of the draft a guy I always liked was Jarvis Landry, I also like Abrederis having played with wilson at Wisc, we'll see

HawkWow

Reaction score
There's another Keenan Allen in this draft at a fraction of the cost / durability issues. Rice proved to be more valuable to the team than I once thought...but that was a double edged lesson, too. Valuable but unavailable. Great guy and I'm glad he got some hardware but, IMO...so long. The money saved between he and a rook can help retain Doug and Tate. As would money spent on a FA of any worth, IMO.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jesus, slim pickins at WR for FA. Only ones that id have ANY interest in is James Jones and to a lesser extent Decker who we just made invisible on Sunday.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I want Rice back if his knee is actually fine. He doesnt get "production" because of our offense, but he still takes the top of the D..him and Harvin on the field would open things up so much for Tate, Baldwin, Lynch or whomever else we put out on the field.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Resign A. McCoy and K. Davis for Vet. Min.

Re-sign Tate, tender Baldwin.

Convert Robert Turbin to FB.

Convert Luke Wilson to a 6-5, 235 WR (-15) with 4.4 speed and plus blocking.

WRs:
Tate
Baldwin
Kearse
Willson
Lockette

RBs:
Lynch
Michael
Turbin
Coleman

TEs:
Miller
McCoy
Davis

OW (Offensive Weapon):
Percy Harvin

Draft s TE or two to compete with McCoy and David. And a WR to compete with Lockette for the 5th spot.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Why McCoy and Davis? May as well draft TEs, get them cheaper and probably have just as much to offer. Willson stays at TE. Miller only stays if he takes a multimillion haircut. Otherwise go with Willson, and draft a balanced TE and a blocking TE.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Vetamur":pf3o3w6g said:
Why McCoy and Davis? May as well draft TEs, get them cheaper and probably have just as much to offer. Willson stays at TE. Miller only stays if he takes a multimillion haircut. Otherwise go with Willson, and draft a balanced TE and a blocking TE.

IMO Miller's contract is here to stay. He does everything we ask of him.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Yes, he does. But we dont ask him to do enough to justify the 6 million he will get this year. Dont think Im bashing him..Im not. But there is a salary cap and decisions are going to have to be made.

Id guess that Turbin may be gone as well.. keeping Lynch , Michael and a draft pick or UDFA.

Its about Moneyball now..

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I really like Sidney, but unless he is willing to sign for cheap, I think we have to let him walk. I'd guess that both him and Nicks will ask for similar contracts. Both are very similar. Neither are burners. Both are the big-phyiscal type of WR who can get jumpballs. If I had to choose, I'd say Rice just because he knows the system and he is a great locker-room guy. Both are injury prone which makes me think we can find a similar type talent in the draft for cheap.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Vetamur":1xqe6b6h said:

Reread the last paragraph of my post and get back to me. And the why part is simple... one is a decent rounded TE who will probably work his ass off after missing this last season and the other is a very good blocker who looks to ST value and could be a decent RZ wr with some work. Neither will be a shoe-in. But you need bodies to compete, compete, compete.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3orhwc5x said:
Vetamur":3orhwc5x said:

Reread the last paragraph of my post and get back to me. And the why part is simple... one is a decent rounded TE who will probably work his ass off after missing this last season and the other is a very good blocker who looks to ST value and could be a decent RZ wr with some work. Neither will be a shoe-in. But you need bodies to compete, compete, compete.
Sorry..didnt even see that!

We are going to have to essentially going to have to go with cheap options at as many positions as possible. If anything, drafting is going to be even more crucial from here on out. Some positions you can find bargains for I believe.. some players we have there arent any substitutes for and once they get paid, cuts have to come somewhere.

Earl Thomas, Percy Harvin, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Bennett in particular are players you probably cant find in just any draft. Decent TEs, FBs,OL, LBs..if you look for scheme specific players..can be gotten cheap.

As fans we have to sort of prepare to get our hearts broken, like the Steelers and Patriots fans.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kenny Britt. He was great with Hasselbeck. Had maturity issues but being a Seahawk could change that.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting Anthony McCoy back. If he had been healthy this year he would have been our slowest, most explosive TE. Strange, but true.