2014 draft

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My hope is they transform Luke Willson into a 6'5, 235 white Mike Williams with possible 4.4 speed.

Exittium

Reaction score
How about since this relates to draft.. it heads to the draft forum plz :)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2ickp7dx said:
My hope is they transform Luke Willson into a 6'5, 235 white Mike Williams with possible 4.4 speed.
Out of curiosity....are you serious? or just kidding?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SDHawk":3aga6y3l said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/2/7/5388930/do-not-reach-big-for-a-wr-with-big-reach

^ decent read and why I am all in on Allen Robinson in the late 1st, early 2nd

The rebuttal to that article is simple: How many QBs under 6ft have been successful? Same argument.

SDHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2x3736p5 said:
SDHawk":2x3736p5 said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/2/7/5388930/do-not-reach-big-for-a-wr-with-big-reach

^ decent read and why I am all in on Allen Robinson in the late 1st, early 2nd

The rebuttal to that article is simple: How many QBs under 6ft have been successful? Same argument.

Huh?

The argument is that a large premium is paid for measurables despite the production on the field.

Your QBs argument is the exact opposite - That a QB is discounted due to measurables despite the production on the field.

So I dont know what youre getting at.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
im glad i read that article, now i know the importance of drafting a guy thats 6 3 not 6 4.............now let me bring up the list of 5 10 wrs that never made it, that article is slightly flawed to put it nicely.

we need a big wr, if hes over 6 2 i dont think many people are going to argue what a big wr is. give me a julio jones/dez bryant type physical ability and i wont be mad.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":l91aa1us said:
im glad i read that article, now i know the importance of drafting a guy thats 6 3 not 6 4.............now let me bring up the list of 5 10 wrs that never made it, that article is slightly flawed to put it nicely.

we need a big wr, if hes over 6 2 i dont think many people are going to argue what a big wr is. give me a julio jones/dez bryant type physical ability and i wont be mad.

You're missing the point. Point isn't to say that 6'3 is better than 6'4. The point is that teams tend to get enamored with anomalous size and those prospects end up being overdrafted based on potential alone and not actual production. At the same time, receivers that are "just" 6'3 are plenty big enough to be capable and very productive no 1 WRs.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Also, you have a knack for coming off as a jerk in your posts

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
or maybe theres just less 6 5 people in the draft so those guys are just easier to remember than all the 6 1 busts that have came out? i havent cared to stat check that one, just tossing out ideas.

im sorry you feel that way. i just state my opinions based off what i conclude is logical despite what popular belief is. theres a lot of people on here that just echo what everyone else thinks, that like to gang up on anyone that doesnt agree with them, i dont back down from that and people dont like that.

p.s. i just googled "first round wrs"
based on a quick look i dont see anything that warrants such an article. LOTS of shorter wrs that were busts.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1v8zazyu said:
im sorry you feel that way. i just state my opinions based off what i conclude is logical despite what popular belief is. theres a lot of people on here that just echo what everyone else thinks, that like to gang up on anyone that doesnt agree with them, i dont back down from that and people dont like that.

No, its pretty clear you are condescending in your posts. Alot of members manage to get their opinions across without sounding like a jerk.

No, I think it's quite apparent that most here want to draft a BIG WR based off of measurables and potential... despite knee surgeries and drop issues. So I very much think you're being consensual rather than a contrarian. Just look around and see how many are asking for KB or Coleman as opposed to Allen Robinson or Odell Beckham.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
oh...like me implying my understanding why you want DB by agreeing hes a good wr and saying hes one of thes best weve had in years? ...but when I explain my point and you tell me over and over basically how wrong i am and how you totally disagree and when i do get you on a point you totally ignore it? lol.

Its pretty clear on here people love to bash the unpopular opinion, doesnt take more than a 30 second tour of this site to find a plethora of condescending posts. you fail to acknowledge my thoughts and tell me you disagree and dont try to even understand me for a second, then what do you expect?, im sorry you cant understand how that works but dont lecture me on cordiality of my posts when you sincerely lack that in your own.

let me clarify my comment for you, despite what is popular or not, i will say how i feel, i dont simply disagree with people because i enjoy disagreeing. im no troll, and the quality of logic and thought i put into my posts generally reflects that despite if you agree with me or not.

and if youre really interested in finding out how real i am, check my posts back when i first joined, i was banging on the big wr bus far before it was popular. and clearly i dont disagree now so i just say how i feel man.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3ht2taxg said:
oh...like me implying my understanding why you want DB by agreeing hes a good wr and saying hes one of thes best weve had in years?

This is what you said:

Imo, Baldwin and kearse are nothing more than cheap stop gaps,

Your words, not mine. Might be sig worthy right there.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
SDHawk":3edz29mu said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":3edz29mu said:
oh...like me implying my understanding why you want DB by agreeing hes a good wr and saying hes one of thes best weve had in years?

This is what you said:

Imo, Baldwin and kearse are nothing more than cheap stop gaps,

Your words, not mine. Might be sig worthy right there.

you really think ignoring pretty much everything I said and manipulating context proves your point? smh... people that act like this are the reason lynch doesnt talk to the media. I thought this board was a place to debate and share opinions, not dictate what truth is and slander members to prove a point. carry on though.

Latest posts