Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is Marqise Lee the 2nd WR picked?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Is Marqise Lee the 2nd WR picked?
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 am
  • Any chance he falls to us?
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Re: Is Marqise Lee the 2nd WR picked?
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:08 am
  • I bet Mike Evans is the 2nd WR picked. I don't think Lee would make it down to us with all of the WR needy teams just ahead of us like Carolina.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:I bet Mike Evans is the 2nd WR picked. I don't think Lee would make it down to us with all of the WR needy teams just ahead of us like Carolina.

Likely 3 WR's taken before us leaving Benjamin ...... I don't think 4 WRs go before our pick.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 am
  • I'm not as familiar with other teams' needs, but I know multiple teams ahead of us probably could use a WR. The Jets have the worst WR corp in the league IMO. Detroit could use someone opposite Megatron. Baltimore clearly needs someone. Carolina needs somone. Maybe the Pats and maybe SF. I don't know if they will all feel a WR is a good 1st pick, but there are plenty of needs out there.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:26 am
  • There is a good chance that the Jets, Baltimore, and Pats could go for a Tight end as well. There are two Tight ends predicted to go pretty high in the first round.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am
  • Kiper I think has eight wide receivers going before our pick at 32.

Watkins 5
    Evans 13 ---- that would be a great pick for them
    Lee 18
    Beckham Jr 22
    Benjamin 23
    Adams 26
    Cooks 28
    Landry 30
    Robinson 32
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 pm
  • The only way Lee falls to 32 is if he is hit by a bus outside of Lucas Oil Field before the combine
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:48 am

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 am
  • I'm not convinced Lee will be the 2nd WR selected, but I am convinced that there's no chance of him making it to #32. Also, this draft is loaded at the top with WR's, and there are a large number of WR-needy teams, so it's been suggested in multiple circles recently that as many as 7 WR's could be taken in the 1st round, and as many as 10 could have a 1st round grade by at least one team. IMO, it's an absolute slam dunk that at least 4 WR's are off the board before Seattle picks. FWIW, in their latest mocks, McShay has 7 WR's being taken before the Hawks pick, and Kiper has 8 (with the Hawks taking PSU's Allen Robinson, for a total of 9 in round 1).
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:00 pm
  • I think hes the best WR in the draft and suffered due to circumstances outside his control.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:36 pm
  • His injury situation certainly didn't help his draft stock but having watched every game Marqise has played for 3 years I can safely say that he is an absolute playmaker and there's no chance of him being around when we pick at 32. The scary thing is that there is still a lot of room for him to improve. He has the physical tools, if he continues to develop once he gets in the league and become a bit more consistent he will be a phenomenal player.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:29 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:There is a good chance that the Jets, Baltimore, and Pats could go for a Tight end as well. There are two Tight ends predicted to go pretty high in the first round.

Hmm... I will be VERY surprised if this many WR's go in the first round.

I have a feeling that Pete will take WR's later in the draft.. I'm kind of hoping so unless someone falls to us. I just want us to go BPA.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:11 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:There is a good chance that the Jets, Baltimore, and Pats could go for a Tight end as well. There are two Tight ends predicted to go pretty high in the first round.

Hmm... I will be VERY surprised if this many WR's go in the first round.

I have a feeling that Pete will take WR's later in the draft.. I'm kind of hoping so unless someone falls to us. I just want us to go BPA.

You shouldn't be. WR is absolutely loaded this year and there are a lot of teams that need one, including us.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:I just hope he isn't drafted by another NFCW team.

Charles Davis (NFL.com) has the Rams taking Jake Matthews (OT Texas) with the #2 overall, the Raiders taking Sammy Watkins (WR Clemson) at #6 (first WR drafted) and the Rams taking Lee at #13 (second WR drafted).

Stupid Redskins.
    SeahawksBMX
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:39 pm
  • All I know is if we take the 8th receiver in the first round I will throw a tantrum. Oh I also know lee will not be on the board, I do know that!
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:53 am
  • cockeyhawk wrote:All I know is if we take the 8th receiver in the first round I will throw a tantrum. Oh I also know lee will not be on the board, I do know that!

What if the 8th receiver turns out to be the next Brandon Marshall?
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 am
  • cockeyhawk wrote:All I know is if we take the 8th receiver in the first round I will throw a tantrum. Oh I also know lee will not be on the board, I do know that!

I don't know why? There are 5 WR's with 1st round grades (Watkins, Evans, Lee, Robinson, Benjamin) and 4 guys with fringe 1st round/early 2nd round grades (Beckham, Cooks, Matthews, Adams) Wide receiver is very very deep this year, and lots of these guys have size and speed which this offense absolutely needs.

Not to mention, with the 32nd pick.. you're more apt to "reaching" a bit to take a guy that you can have under contract for 5 years instead of 4. So even if say... a Jordan Matthews may grade out as a 45th-50th overall pick.. you will see a team nab him in the 1st round anyway to have that extra year of a cheap salary.

So yes.. WR is definitely in play. And it should be.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 am

You simply can't get so caught up in the "Nth best guy in the first round" talk.

It's really critical to understand that there often isn't a lot separating guys from the 15th through the 40th overall pick range. Every draft is entirely different. And as it pertains to WRs, there are major differences in WR types. The skills needed for an X receiver are widely different than that needed for a Z or a slot receiver.

Also, understand too, that a college player is going to get about as much instruction in his first offseason as he did in his college career. Players develop at widely varied rates due to a number of factors. What you see in May is not close to what you'll see in August. If that 8th best guy takes to your development program better, he'll be better.

No finer example to that reality, than Luke Willson v. Vance McDonald. Willson may have been close to the 30th best prospect on the outside. Yet one NFL season and he's caught nearly as many passes as the last 2 drafts of WR/RBs/TE combined that San Fransisco has brought in. He developed much faster and in all phases of his game.

Quality of coaching, no amatuer/NCAA limits on practice and development work, higher quality of QB play -- these things all contribute to massive changes between draft day and opening day. That 8th best guy may have a somewhat longer road to hoe. But that difference can be made up before training camp even starts in July.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Jake to the Rams would suck too.

I saw a draft that had Blake Bortles to the Rams. I would be soooooo happy if that happened. I think he's going to be worse than Bradford.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:53 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    cockeyhawk wrote:All I know is if we take the 8th receiver in the first round I will throw a tantrum. Oh I also know lee will not be on the board, I do know that!

You simply can't get so caught up in the "Nth best guy in the first round" talk.

It's really critical to understand that there often isn't a lot separating guys from the 15th through the 40th overall pick range. Every draft is entirely different. And as it pertains to WRs, there are major differences in WR types. The skills needed for an X receiver are widely different than that needed for a Z or a slot receiver.

Also, understand too, that a college player is going to get about as much instruction in his first offseason as he did in his college career. Players develop at widely varied rates due to a number of factors. What you see in May is not close to what you'll see in August. If that 8th best guy takes to your development program better, he'll be better.

No finer example to that reality, than Luke Willson v. Vance McDonald. Willson may have been close to the 30th best prospect on the outside. Yet one NFL season and he's caught nearly as many passes as the last 2 drafts of WR/RBs/TE combined that San Fransisco has brought in. He developed much faster and in all phases of his game.

Quality of coaching, no amatuer/NCAA limits on practice and development work, higher quality of QB play -- these things all contribute to massive changes between draft day and opening day. That 8th best guy may have a somewhat longer road to hoe. But that difference can be made up before training camp even starts in July.
    :th2thumbs:

I wouldn't have been as thorough. Good post. I agree.
    HawkMeat
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information