Really? Funny draft team need

nolachawks

Reaction score
This is on NFL.com

32. Seattle Seahawks
Record: 13-3
Team needs: WR, TE, OL
Analysis: A big-time tight end would be a perfect fit for Russell Wilson and a true No. 1 wideout would also make sense. The offensive line hasn't played well down the stretch and that is another area that could be addressed in this draft.

Really?

SDHawk

Reaction score
Our receivers are great in mismatches, none can beat double coverage. Having a guy that can consistently beat double coverage would tilt the field and make our offense pretty much unstoppable. That said, there's no guarantees at #32. For that reason alone, we are either going to have to shore up depth or retain/re-sign Tate and Baldwin. We can't expect to rely on a rookie receiver and not expect some inconsistency/growing pains.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seems about right to me. Percy Harvin is an ELECTRIC PLAYMAKER, but he's not the protypical number 1 (ie he's not the big receiver). As for TE, I like Miller but we can't afford him at his current pay, so we need to do something there. It may be a restructure, or we may get a young guy and move Willson up to number 1. And OLine is a definite need. We did get some interesting young talent last year, but we need more depth. nothing was more blatantly easy to see than our lack of OLine depth this season.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I don't think we need a WR unless we lose someone other than Rice (he getting paid too much)

If we lose Zach Miller (paid too much) I would agree with that, not sure if we can rely 100% on Luke Willson for all the tight end plays, he's a good receiver though.

Definitely agree with offensive line to me that should be top priority.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
What they are talking about is a big, physical WR that can dominate match-ups week in and week out. Our receivers, while excellent in spots, do get marginalized and taken out of the game for long periods of time. We need a consistent, reliable threat that can help open up things for everyone else.

Harvin is a speed merchant, but not a true #1. I think he will be more utilized like we saw him in the Super Bowl - jet and fly sweeps, bubble screens, short stuff. Now imagine a big body WR taking coverage all the way down the field on the same side we get the ball to Percy in space.

legend38

Reaction score
Tokadub":lxz1tdl9 said:
I don't think we need a WR unless we lose someone other than Rice (he getting paid too much)

If we lose Zach Miller (paid too much) I would agree with that, not sure if we can rely 100% on Luke Willson for all the tight end plays, he's a good receiver though.

Resigning Anthony Mcoy should help.

kearly

Reaction score
nolachawks":2s83hgz2 said:
This is on NFL.com

32. Seattle Seahawks
Analysis: A big-time tight end would be a perfect fit for Russell Wilson and a true No. 1 wideout would also make sense. The offensive line hasn't played well down the stretch and that is another area that could be addressed in this draft.

Really?

Does the article imply that Harvin isn't a true #1? Or does it imply that Seattle needs another true #1? I actually read it to mean the latter, and I think they are 100% correct.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
kidhawk":i77s8hmx said:
Seems about right to me. Percy Harvin is an ELECTRIC PLAYMAKER, but he's not the protypical number 1 (ie he's not the big receiver). As for TE, I like Miller but we can't afford him at his current pay, so we need to do something there. It may be a restructure, or we may get a young guy and move Willson up to number 1. And OLine is a definite need. We did get some interesting young talent last year, but we need more depth. nothing was more blatantly easy to see than our lack of OLine depth this season.

^This. Wilson seems like a nice pass catching TE. Are we keeping Mccoy? The OL was pooey this year, especially earlier in the year. Without Rice, we don't have any long red zone receivers.

Bryce84

Reaction score
It's scary for me to think about this offense without Zach Miller, so I hope he is willing to take a pay cut (and I believe he will). He's an old school TE, and while he doesn't put up the gaudy receiving stats a lot of TE's do these days, his importance as a blocker is commonly overlooked. He's got excellent hands when called upon in the passing game, too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harvin is a dynamic player, he lines up all over and opens up the feild for the rest of the WR's as well as spreads the feild for the RB's to have holes to run in. Denver refused to respect the passing game and it killed them as well as the turnovers.

Better pass blocking and a more dominant run blocker road grader type at Gaurd, I think we well see improvement regardless with Bailey and Bowie next year helping solidify the line. Okung and Bowie worked really well on the left side together.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I think we really missed Rice this season. A good quality tall targetman would be a great pick.

In fact, I'd be quite surprised if our #1 pick isn't a receiver.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":3r3gt091 said:
nolachawks":3r3gt091 said:
This is on NFL.com

32. Seattle Seahawks

Really?

Does the article imply that Harvin isn't a true #1? Or does it imply that Seattle needs another true #1? I actually read it to mean the latter, and I think they are 100% correct.

But, where are we going to find a #1....reasonably cheap? It would be nice to be such an attractive place that other team's TE's are paying us to come and play here! ;)

Rufus

Reaction score
legend38":2f1gxv2o said:
Tokadub":2f1gxv2o said:

Resigning Anthony Mcoy should help.

Saw him up close at the parade... damn he's a big dude. According to the roster he's only a few pounds more than Miller and Willson, but he looks like a huge DT or something. Maybe he's been eating and lifting a lot through his injury rehab. I hope we get him back.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
nolachawks":3rfqpak4 said:
This is on NFL.com

32. Seattle Seahawks

Really?

What do you feel is the team need in the draft? Give us three please.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What's so crazy about what the article says? Unless you are drinking the cool aid, we need a true #1 WR. Harvin can be that, but there isn't any guarantee he can play 16 games. Tate, Balwin and kerse look great vs a secondary that honestly isn't that good and was 27 vs the pass, but against the NFC west we need a stud.