Tevin Reese

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Tevin Reese would be a kid i would love the Seahawks to draft. Yes you might say he is too skinny to play in the nfl but id argue that his style of play doesn't really translate to taking hits, unlike tavon Austin of the rams that likes to run short routes that make him play in space, Reese is a kid that makes big plays down the field. I read that most of his tds are 40 of yards or more. He reminds me of deshawn Jackson of the eagles. I know most people say that Carroll likes big receivers and while that might be true he knows that we need a guy to take the top off the defense, Percy is not made for that, he is a guy that if given space will kill a team but down field runs are not his forte.Reese also remind me of T.Y. Hilton a lot.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Wow, is he that fast, or are the defenses that bad?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This guy would make sense if Percy Harvin wasn't a Seahawk. Seems like a Harvin type of WR.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
davidonmi":18of9lse said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCloVsqYUA
nice set of hands, good YAC too.
I concur
Reese had a drop on 13% of his catchable targets in 2012, which is a horrendous rate. He also only ran one route at Baylor - straight Go routes down the seam. There is nothing comparable between Reese and DeSean Jackson/Percy Harvin other than his ability to run really fast in a straight line. If you want a comp, think Yamon Figurs. Total non-fit for what the Hawks need from their WR's.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
WOW, What an exciting player!

This guy is fast, really fast. He makes rest of the players on the field look so slow kind of like Percy did in the superbowl. Hopefully he is more like DeSean Jackson than Ted Ginn Jr. I don't mind hawks taking a chance on him in later rounds. Percy and a player like him on the field at the same time... (drooling) SPEED SPEED SPEED!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He's fast as hell. Looks like he has some bad hands though from the clip.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Even while watching his highlight video I was thinking he was a body catcher and had bad hands. The previous poster stating he had a 13% drop rate confirms that suspicion. Besides we have Ricardo Lockette on this team already who is blazing fast and much larger(plus is a special team ace) and probably has better hands.

davidonmi

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":33i86teg said:
davidonmi":33i86teg said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCloVsqYUA
nice set of hands, good YAC too.
I concur
Reese had a drop on 13% of his catchable targets in 2012, which is a horrendous rate. He also only ran one route at Baylor - straight Go routes down the seam. There is nothing comparable between Reese and DeSean Jackson/Percy Harvin other than his ability to run really fast in a straight line. If you want a comp, think Yamon Figurs. Total non-fit for what the Hawks need from their WR's.
yikes, and I agree he looks like a body catcher. I stand corrected.
We already lockette anyway

daveman918

Reaction score
Fun to watch but we have this already IMHO. I want a big, fast and physical receiver to round things out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Definitely undersized, but still young, and definitely FAST.

I don't know anything about this kid and the 13% drop rate is alarming, but though I bleed PURPLE, I cringed when we brought Kearse in. Things change.

I saw the kid do some real good things in his 'highlight' real. And I also saw he has a tendency to take his eye off the ball...even in making some nice (hand) catches. He is definitely a natural and had no problem locating the ball, never breaking stride, or having to adjust to make the catch. Yes, some very nice throws helped.

Unsure where he's slated to go but if he could add some weight and is coachable, could be a late round steal. Baylor knows what they're doing in the passing game, no doubt. Good find OP.

rpmischris

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2973dsme said:
This guy would make sense if Percy Harvin wasn't a Seahawk. Seems like a Harvin type of WR.

I dont think any team can have too many Harvin's.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Actually, Reese enters this draft at almost the exact same size Harvin entered the draft. Though running a 4.23 compared to Harvin's 4.45.

This is not to detract from your point...he is definitely not a big receiver and much more Tavon Austin than Percy Harvin....but Austin was also a 1st rounder. I saw this kid make some very natural plays on the ball. Granted it was a highlight reel, but again, he looked very natural, very fluid. After being intrigued (due to this thread), I researched the kid a bit and it seems he never returned kicks...like ever. Unsure if that was due to his value in stretching the field on offense, or if he failed miserably in practice. I only mention this because to me, this makes him much less attractive (to us)...even in the late rounds. Like most, I want to see Harvin used more in the offense and if we had an even faster Harvin type that could return kicks, taking that responsibility from Harvin...well, it don't matter because Reese apparently...don't do kick offs. Looks like a fun player though...I hope he gets an opportunity.