mock drafts for Hawks a waste of time?

rightbench

Reaction score
Hi all. I don't mean to discount or discredit any of you posters here.

I generally only check in on this section of the forum once the Hawks season is over. It's very nice to be looking at it so late this year!!!

Anyway, I was just wondering if all of you prognosticators that we have feel that mocking drafts for the seahawks is an effort in futility?

I feel like every draft since PC and JS took over has been completely different than most of us have expected. I'm sure there were 1 or 2 people who chose Carpenter and Irvin as the Hawks 1st rounders in their respective years, but i always feel like we have crazy amounts of analysis in here the day after the draft because half the guys the Hawks draft were unexpected/guys no one had been talking about.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think a lot of mock drafts are an exercise in futility. The Seahawks even more so. I'm sure they will pick someone we all scratch our head over. It's still fun to speculate which guys would help fill holes on our team and who's available in which round.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
All mock drafts are a a waste of time, but I love wasting my time reading as many of them as I possibly can.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Trying to mock outside of the Top 15 is likely a waste of time. I enjoy mock drafts solely to learn about potential players i may not have watched in College so i'm not in total shock when we draft someone i've never heard of.

What position would legitimately surprise me... Linebacker?

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
They are not a waste of time, looking at multiple mock drafts give you a good idea about who will be drafted where. If you look at it like so and so said we are are taking this guy. Well then yeah most likely we wont be taking that guy, but if you look at 20 or so mock drafts. You will have a good idea of what players are expected be drafted in our range. Then you will have a good feel of who we should and can take with our pick.

kearly

Reaction score
Mock drafts are really more about familiarizing yourself with the options in each phase of the draft. In terms of predictive power, they become pretty worthless after the first 10-15 picks.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Mock drafts introduce me to the college prospects. The only college football I watch is the YouTube clips of prospects, based on the players who sound like potential Seahawks or superstars (or hopefully both) based on Mock Drafts.

For me, mock drafts are one of the best bits of February - April.