Trade Marshawn? Fantasy post.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If we could get a first(their second pick) from Cleveland for Marshawn and pick up a player like Kelvin Benjamin(if you don't like KB then insert favorite player here) would you do it? I know I will be ripped by some for this thought but we have two high quality back ups(in my opinion) and the chance to nab KB plus possibly a guy like ASJ or Aaron Donald would be a coup. Not to mention give us cap relief.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I actually think Cleveland has a really good chance to be a force in their division. Especially if they were to pick up Marshawn and pick Sammy Watkins with their first pick. If Hoyer comes back healthy that is a killer Receiving core combined with a dominating running back with a capable QB. They already have a decent defense. they have a lot of potential there.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":36tpf5p8 said:
I actually think Cleveland has a really good chance to be a force in their division. Especially if they were to pick up Marshawn and pick Sammy Watkins with their first pick. If Hoyer comes back healthy that is a killer Receiving core combined with a dominating running back with a capable QB. They already have a decent defense. they have a lot of potential there.

I think they're missing several key pieces.

QB is the obvious one tho Hoyer has shown flashes.

C-Alex Mack is a free agent, they have very poor OG play, pretty sure they need a middle line backer and they also need a RB.

I don't think they're really hurting for receivers. They have some depth for the WR2 spot. IIRC, they snatched this dude off the GB practice squad... Packer fans lamented and Browns fans cheered, until they found out that the kid had a lower leg injury. I think he has a lot of potential for their WR2 spot.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
As long as we are talking fantasy, I would trade Lynch for Josh Gordon :mrgreen:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":jw9flkdg said:
If we could get a first(their second pick) from Cleveland for Marshawn and pick up a player like Kelvin Benjamin(if you don't like KB then insert favorite player here) would you do it? I know I will be ripped by some for this thought but we have two high quality back ups(in my opinion) and the chance to nab KB plus possibly a guy like ASJ or Aaron Donald would be a coup. Not to mention give us cap relief.

The idea of trading Marshawn isn't an issue at all. Getting someone to trade a 1st rd pick for a RB who will be 28 at the start of next season would be.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Basis4day":22phd6lo said:
Natethegreat":22phd6lo said:

The idea of trading Marshawn isn't an issue at all. Getting someone to trade a 1st rd pick for a RB who will be 28 at the start of next season would be.
I guess that depends on if they like the running backs coming out this year or not. Marshawn has at least three great years left and probably 4 to 5 good years total. There isn't a better runner between the tackles out there. I could see them giving up a late first for him. Especially when they will already have gotten the player they want the most with their first pick.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":16f0jude said:
Basis4day":16f0jude said:
Natethegreat":16f0jude said:

I guess that depends on if they like the running backs coming out this year or not. Marshawn has at least three great years left and probably 4 to 5 good years total. There isn't a better runner between the tackles out there. I could see them giving up a late first for him. Especially when they will already have gotten the player they want the most with their first pick.

I think it's a huge reach to say 4-5 years the way Marshawn runs. He has a lot of miles on him.

1-2 is far more likely with the Hawks cutting him after next season. A rumor came out right after the Superbowl that he was considering retirement after this pas season as it is.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Basis4day":3cfsl61t said:
Natethegreat":3cfsl61t said:
Basis4day":3cfsl61t said:
Natethegreat":3cfsl61t said:

I think it's a huge reach to say 4-5 years the way Marshawn runs. He has a lot of miles on him.

1-2 is far more likely with the Hawks cutting him after next season. A rumor came out right after the Superbowl that he was considering retirement after this pas season as it is.
I'll put you down as a yes then? :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":24dhbv7s said:

If you could get a 1st rounder out of it, absolutely.

I'm simply rejecting your premise.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
To play along with them magically getting a 1st, yes I would, wouldn't even think twice about it, I would consider it for however long it physically takes to pick up a pen and sign off on it.

Someone mentioned Josh Gordon straight across, I would also do that in a heart beat.

Am I bad person? Marshawn, if you're reading this I'm sorry, you're one of my favorite players but it's a business.
Boss.

To be honest I'd probably take a 2nd lol, brb going to seahawk hell.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Basis4day":bm5beoc5 said:
Natethegreat":bm5beoc5 said:

If you could get a 1st rounder out of it, absolutely.

I'm simply rejecting your premise.
Yeah I get it, and I agree any trade of Marshawn is unlikely although I do think you undervalue him and I don't agree that he only has a year or two left.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would also point out that the Colts traded a first for a running back that doesn't have near the ability Marshawn has. Yes, he is a few years younger(4 to be exact) but you guys act like a late first round draft pick has never been given up for a running back.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Trent Richardson is 22, and it was still a stupid trade. No one is trading a 1st for a 28 year old RB.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":13tzsntz said:
I would also point out that the Colts traded a first for a running back that doesn't have near the ability Marshawn has. Yes, he is a few years younger(5 to be exact) but you guys act like a late first round draft pick has never been given up for a running back.

Other than Trent Richardson when has it happened recently and how old was the player?

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Just looked it up and Marshawn is 27. He'll be 28 in April. He is almost exactly 4 years older than Trent and far and a way a more talented running back.

Trent Richardson was born July 1990 he will be 24 this year.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Holy smokes, thought this was for fun. There's no way we would ever get a 1st for Lynch lol. The better argument is whether we could get like (2) 3rd round picks or something.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3c6dcsrk said:
Just looked it up and Marshawn is 27. He'll be 28 in April. He is almost exactly 4 years older than Trent and far and a way a more talented running back.

He was born in 1991. He's still 22, turning 23.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... richardson
http://www.colts.com/team/roster/trent- ... b99455216/
http://www.nfl.com/player/trentrichards ... 32/profile
http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=3341197

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1wdw0b12 said:

I said other than Trent. Really, don't worry about it.

Lynch is the more talented running back. But you've just added another year of wear on his body as well as the postseason.
He already is held out from practice on Wednesdays to keep his body fresh for games. He has a violent running style and a high number of carries because of our system compared to other backs. It's very unrealistic to expect Lynch to keep up his production with the violent style in which he runs. Every running back loses a step as the approach 30. It doesn't matter who the back is. I expect Lynch to have one more good year in 2014 and then becomes a cap casualty with his 9 million cap number in 2015.

No one in this era is going to spend a 1st rd on a 28 year old running back (Not Lynch, Not Peterson, Not Ray Rice.). You don't make moves based on what a player has done, but what you expect he can realistically do in the future.

Latest posts