What if the first round plays out like this..

rpmischris

Reaction score
The Rams select:
no 2. Jake Matthews OT
no 13. Sammy Watkins WR

The Cardinals Select:
no 20. Kyle Van Noy OLB

The Whiners Select:
no 30. Allen Robinson WR

The Hawks Select:
no 32. Jace Amaro TE/Slot WR

Would you be happy with the outlook of our division next year?
Who do you not want to see drafted by a division rival?
Would you bang your head against a wall wondering why Jace Amaro and why not an actual WR or ASJ?

Analysis via NFL.com on Amaro:

Lining up mostly in the slot, Amaro is a big, fluid athlete who uses his thick body to gain proper positioning in coverage and uses his large, soft mitts to attack the ball in the air. He is a balanced route-runner and collects himself when changing direction with smooth moves to create separation. Amaro is dangerous after the catch and isn't an easy ballcarrier to bring down, running with power and toughness.

Weaknesses: Some maturity and attitude questions that will need to be addressed. Receiving tight end who won't be a fit for all schemes unless he can get in an NFL training program and bulk up.

*Most like Jimmy Graham

[youtube]TuS747XxHE4[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Watkins will go earlier than that. Not sure Van Noy and Robinson will go that early, but answering the question, no, I would not be thrilled, nor am I convinced we will target a TE in the first couple of round. Pete is really high on Willson, and I think there is a reasonable chance Miller restructures.

SDHawk

Reaction score
richard-sherman-.gif

randomation

Reaction score
Line is the most pressing area of need Wilson is a big red zone target and hopefully will make strides after a pretty good rookie campaign but rw can not get pressured again like he did this season its playing with fire

JKent82

Reaction score
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-texas-tech-te-jace-amaro

Teams will look at what’s on tape, work out Amaro, and come to the conclusion that he’ll develop into an excellent in-line blocker. They’ll see the strength, quickness, hand use, and intensity to stay with an assignment and they conclude that the tight end has a baseline feel for blocking that they can build on. I believe he’ll develop fast in this area of his game and within three years become one of the finer all-around tight ends in the game.

Interesting anyways, I'd kind of assumed he was a pure Joker kind of TE, but it may have more to do with a lack of opportunity blocking than a actual deficiency. He's big enough, gives good effort, and doesn't shy from contact which is a pretty good start.

I'd guess that Mike Evans is more likely for St Louis. Regardless they'd be pretty darn good with that. AZ adds to the scary pass rush but SF taking Allen Robinson is pretty meh to me.

McGruff

Reaction score
Vernon Davis is a good example of a good who was a glorified WR in college and developed into one of the leagues best blockers within a few years. It can happen.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I could handle Amaro, would like it.

I just don't see one him getting past NE.

OP
OP
rpmischris

rpmischris

Reaction score
He is a big guy that would not immediately replace Miller and appears to be more talented/established receiver than Willson. They lined him up in the slot and was a beast over the middle. Isn't that what Rus could use; a giant athletic catching presence over the middle? Plus with Tom Cable here Amaro will learn to become a better overall blocking tight end. I am just not convinced with Willson as a #1 tight end and McCoy... well lets see if he can resume where he left off before his injury.

OP
OP
rpmischris

rpmischris

Reaction score
Throwdown":aig2v2qh said:
I could handle Amaro, would like it.

I just don't see one him getting past NE.

Unfortunately I think you are right. Brady is an Animal when he has 2 big TE's in the middle. I do think that Amaro gets picked before ASJ though.

cover-2

Reaction score
I would be okay with it, but I would rather us target Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas somewhere 2nd round. Give me more 2 TE, I like the versatility it gives an offense.

Niklas has the size (6-6 270 lbs) and athleticism that makes him a must get for the Seahawks.
Troy niklas

Niklas

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Not too many of the mock drafts have SL taking Clowney with that second pick. I know they need protection for Bradford, but Clowney brings hellish pass pressure and could be an anchor for their front for years to come. We'd match up better if they took an o-line guy because we don't blitz much anyway, getting edge pressure with our regular front and mauling the recievers with the LOB.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Niklaus is faster /bigger than Amaro..Amaro catches better...Both would be interesting to have..How tall is Amaro?

danp1990

Reaction score
We're going to take "TE COLT LYERLA" Out of Oregon!!! No Asj, no Jace Amaro, no one else just Colt Lyerla! We'll get him in the 5th Round, he'll be one of those guys No one believes in! But he"ll make Us Great in the TE Spot! Mark my words Fellow 12's we'll get him a fellow Pacific Northwest Kid! Dont hate because he's not the "SEXY" Pick like ASJ so much of you want.but check Colt Lyerla out! He has a troubled past, yea I know but ...one name" Bruce Irvin" he'll pan out and Make JS & PC Look like Genius guys once more! Welcome to Seattle Colt :) ! Happy to havr ya!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
cover-2 said:
I would be okay with it, but I would rather us target Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas somewhere 2nd round. Give me more 2 TE, I like the versatility it gives an offense.

Niklas has the size (6-6 270 lbs) and athleticism that makes him a must get for the Seahawks.
quote]

I like Niklas too, but maybe difficult to target for the Seahawks with the 32, 64th pick. Almost too early and perhaps better talent at 32, but by 64 he will probably be picked so the Seahawks would have to trade up and that is something they don't have a history of doing. He has the size and experience playing tackle and could be one helluva blocking TE. He has great upside and could end up being a great pass catcher since he has pretty good hands and body control.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
danp1990":1i4224me said:
We're going to take "TE COLT LYERLA" Out of Oregon!!! No Asj, no Jace Amaro, no one else just Colt Lyerla! We'll get him in the 5th Round, he'll be one of those guys No one believes in! But he"ll make Us Great in the TE Spot! Mark my words Fellow 12's we'll get him a fellow Pacific Northwest Kid! Dont hate because he's not the "SEXY" Pick like ASJ so much of you want.but check Colt Lyerla out! He has a troubled past, yea I know but ...one name" Bruce Irvin" he'll pan out and Make JS & PC Look like Genius guys once more! Welcome to Seattle Colt :) ! Happy to havr ya!

Bruce and Colt are two different situations. Colt did coke just last year.