STEPHON TUITT

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So, let's see... you post a link to a mock draft by Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, a respected former NFL scout, who believes that a certain player will last until the 32nd pick in the draft... and you rebut his judgement while offering no counter argument explaining why you feel differently.

Interesting.

getnasty

Reaction score
I only want to draft a DL if we loss Bennett. I haven't seen much of Tuitt to comment one way or another, who is he similar to that's already in the league?

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":qbnerb4h said:
So, let's see... you post a link to a mock draft by Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, a respected former NFL scout, who believes that a certain player will last until the 32nd pick in the draft... and you rebut his judgement while offering no counter argument explaining why you feel differently.

Interesting.

I wasn't rebutting anything. In fact, I was merely expressing my surprise that someone sees Tuitt falling all the way down to 32, which would be awesome. It was a pleasant surprise, really.

CurryStopstheRuns":qbnerb4h said:
Not to mention bypassing the draft forum to post this.

My mistake. I'm new to these boards. Is there a way to move the thread over?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Come on, guys, be nice. We've all been new to the boards before. Give the guy some time to get acclimated.

Welcome to the board, fellow 12! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
getnasty":1k2vox90 said:
I only want to draft a DL if we loss Bennett. I haven't seen much of Tuitt to comment one way or another, who is he similar to that's already in the league?

Tuitt is just a freak athlete. He moves extremely well at 320 lbs. Single handedly beat SC last year by dominating their offensive line, wrecking havoc in the backfield, notching sacks, and causing several of their linemen to go off sides repeatedly. He can play the three or five technique. If we cut Chris Clemons and/or Red Bryant, he would provide good depth. His ceiling is off the charts.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
getnasty":17t9w0o2 said:

Well, if we don't have Bennett we better get Tuitt :p Get to it/get Tuitt..I still got it! ;)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
getnasty":257q1rdg said:

Red Bryant replacement is my guess. Roughly the same size and would probably fill the same role if drafted by Seattle. But would be an upgrade in the pass rush department.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
His 2012 tape is good. He is playing way too heavy right now. Not unlike Will Sutton who added weight to combat size concerns.

I don't know what to make of him. I don't like what I see on the 2013 tape. Seems very lethargic and doesn't show the same explosiveness he did in 2012. Could be good reasons for that.

Right now, he's slipping hard. If he tests poorly at the combine, it'll actually confirm his slippage and I would expect him to drop to mid 2nd round. It's not a deep draft class so he has that going for him. But the last couple years have been pretty flush on DT talent. So demand isn't like it was in 2012/13.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2e9o0h1y said:
His 2012 tape is good. He is playing way too heavy right now. Not unlike Will Sutton who added weight to combat size concerns.

I don't know what to make of him. I don't like what I see on the 2013 tape. Seems very lethargic and doesn't show the same explosiveness he did in 2012. Could be good reasons for that.

Right now, he's slipping hard. If he tests poorly at the combine, it'll actually confirm his slippage and I would expect him to drop to mid 2nd round. It's not a deep draft class so he has that going for him. But the last couple years have been pretty flush on DT talent. So demand isn't like it was in 2012/13.

With his frame, he could easily add another 10-15 lbs. I would love to see him fall to 32, but I can't see that happening right now. GMs will be drooling over his athleticism at the combine.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Watching some of Tuitt right now, there is a lot to like.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Too big and cumbersome. Had one very good game vs USC in 2013, the rest of the way he was bang average. Needs to drop 20lbs. Wouldn't touch him in R1.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ca12mn2t said:
Too big and cumbersome. Had one very good game vs USC in 2013, the rest of the way he was bang average. Needs to drop 20lbs. Wouldn't touch him in R1.
He is dropping the 20 right now. In watching Tuitt, one guy jumped out at me, David Yankey from Stanford. That dude was awesome.

Jville

Reaction score
Tuitt, from Monroe, Ga., got off to a slow start in 2013 after offseason surgery for a sports hernia, but had 49 tackles and 7.5 sacks and finishes his career with 126 tackles and 21.5 sacks, leaving him tied for third on Notre Dame's sack list. - AP Sports
[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1893212/stephon-tuitt[/urltargetblank]

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
getnasty":1m1h784n said:

Alot of things could happen but I see Brent Urban falling in alot of projections and mock drafts. Probably becuase he was injured at the Senior Bowl and did'nt have a ton of production at Virginia. I love it because if Seattle can get either Urban or Tuitt. the rich get richer and Seattle could let a Veteran or veterans(Bryant,Clemons) move on to keep Bennett without much drop off.

Also think of the pass rush Seattle would get with M. Bennet and Stephon Tuitt or Brent Urban at DT in passing situations.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I would rather us draft DaQuan Jones in the 2nd.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jville":9o6ufw4l said:
Tuitt, from Monroe, Ga., got off to a slow start in 2013 after offseason surgery for a sports hernia, but had 49 tackles and 7.5 sacks and finishes his career with 126 tackles and 21.5 sacks, leaving him tied for third on Notre Dame's sack list. - AP Sports
[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1893212/stephon-tuitt[/urltargetblank]

He came into the season softer than he was in 2012. Now that he's had time to recover from the surgery, and improve his strength and endurance, he's going to put on a clinic at the combine. Of course, it might benefit us if he is a little underwhelming.