Reaction score
Per Rob Rang
6'5 1/2
262lbs
33 3/4'' arms
80'' wingspan

drdevin

Reaction score
I've spoken to his dad and he said ASJ played in the 270's while at UW. Looks like he's slimming dowm now for the 40.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I do think that his arm length and body size is something the Seahawks will like. Not sure it would be enough to pick him first round though. If Aaron donald is there I'm really hoping they take him.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
The whole TE group this year is unusually big. Almost everyone has about 10" hands and a lot of big guys over 6'5" around 250lbs.

Check out Crockett Gillmore's and Troy Niklas' measurements.

JKent82

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder how he'll run at 262, could push himself pretty high with a great 40 time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm going to predict a 4.7. We're not hearing a lot of chatter on ASJ..at least not as much as I would think we should. That tells me a lot of teams are looking at him and he will likely be gone before 32. Just a hunch.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
this is no slight to how talented he is, but i really hope they dont take asj or any other te with our first round pick. let me give a "madden game" example,

lets say asj could potentially be a 95 rated te in his career, but currently in our offense we pretty much handicap our te's, making their ceiling of on the field performance around like 85, very solid, game impacting but never elite. imo it makes more sense to draft a guy that tops out around a 80-90 with a blocking tendency skill set that could be had in rounds 2-4. especially considering how many big te's there are, we would be maximizing our bang for our buck infinitely by waiting till later to draft a legit te, which should be realistic with this class. lets just get a big mauler and call it a day, get some beef on the D line early if anything, and of course a wr perhaps too would be nice :lol:

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion, and i of course pulled those numbers out of my ... lol. hopefully that makes some sense though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My feeling with ASJ is that I think he's going to explode over the next couple years. Still a kid, he's had to deal with some adversity..and has rebounded well from that. I was never a sark guy. So I could say Sark sorta messed ASJ up with the new offense and asking him to stay with the line more. But, the likely reality of what happened in the new offense, is ASJ actually benefitted. He is a much more complete TE as opposed to the new stretch the field TEs that get all the press. Much like our own Money Miller.

I can only imagine what pro coaching will bring out of him. The stuff that can't be coached...just oozes from ASJ. He is truly a freak of nature and as coordinated as he is today, he's going to continue to grow naturally into that tremendous size..so enhanced coordination should be a given.

OTOH, I am a stone cold homer in regards to ASJ, Sankey and even Price. So much so that I admit I have a very hard time being critical of him / them. But the few knocks on ASJ have been more about Sark's inability to administer discipline and motivation, IMO. That stuff will correct itself in the bigs. it's not like he has character issues that would make this unlikely.

I just keep thinking we draft him and use Willson wide more frequently. Unsure if we will be able to restructure Miller, but a year or 2 under Miller and I think ASJ is pro-bowl material. But I could be wrong, too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think ASJ is pro bowl material, and the fact that he's one of the guys I want, tells me they won't take him.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He is a big guy, thats for sure. I would love to take him at the end of the 1st if he is still there, but of course I am sure the FO will do something no one is expecting as usual.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm on the ASJ train. Let's get RW a weapon that fits the TE profile the team looks for in the blocking game and is big threat over the middle and in the redzone. Also would help by saving the club Miller's contract if they choose to go that route (personally I think Miller restructures, but ASJ would still make sense as the future.)

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawkWow":35j0duf0 said:
I'm going to predict a 4.7. We're not hearing a lot of chatter on ASJ..at least not as much as I would think we should. That tells me a lot of teams are looking at him and he will likely be gone before 32. Just a hunch.

This Panther fan is afraid you're right, even at #28. ASJ is #1 on "my board" too. I want 2 TE's as Cam had in his record rookie year with Olsen and Shockey. I have no idea what will happen and will likely be disappointed, but the hope is knowing they would have taken Eifert last year if Lotulelei wasn't surprisingly available.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Dammit, I hope Carolina don't grab him. You guys are just getting scary good and just using the eye test, I think Cam had to have been one of the most improved players in the league last year. Giving him a big bodied, sure handed TE like ASJ will, IMO, take him up another notch....and who the hell wants that??? ; )

I'm hearing talk of ASJ slipping into the 2nd rd now...and perhaps even late 2nd. I would give odds that don't happen. I suppose this is because he's not a big YAC guy, but as always, stats are just numbers. Hopefully someone in this thread will correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw ASJ skying for the ball and grabbing it out of the air while getting hit almost simultaneously at least 50% of the time. Not knocking Price, as I think that was the plan (throw it high and let ASJ go up and get it) but pretty hard to have impressive YAC under such circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he runs like Smith or Gronk but what you get with ASJ is a much more complete TE (IMO) that plays well with his hand in the dirt but still capable of stretching the field and making sportscenter catches. How many times have we Dawg fans watched ASJ fight off a double team, out position the defender(s), then battle for the ball, refusing to be denied? I don't see him there for us at 32...and I'm in the same boat as Throwdown....the fact I want him means we won't take him. So off to the AFC you go bro! ; )

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the kind words! :). Would still rather have the ring so congrats!

Just because he is #1 on "my board" doesn't mean I speak for Panthers brass. They may favor a WR, OT, or DB. Rivera has been a big, outspoken fan of the TE though, seeing Gates in SD for so long. GM Dave Gettleman did let it slip they were not satisfied with the blocking from the TE position as well, so IMO ASJ would be the perfect TE. JMO, but no way he makes it out of the first! He's a freak!

OP
OP
D

drrew

Reaction score
So ASJ is injured, apparently he's got some sort of fracture in his foot and is unlikely to be ready to run even at his pro day.

Not sure what this does for his stock. I think he was unlikely to get into the first unless he had a great workout, and that obviously won't happen now, but I don't know that he'll fall further than expected.

I think somewhere between 40 and 70 is his likely landing spot at this point and if PC/JS like what they hear from him in interviews, I'd run to turn the card i n at 64.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see his stock dropping much as long as he's healed up before draft day. He might not make UW's pro day, but he can hold his own individual workout or at minimum travel to the team to perform for them. So teams should get a good idea of where he's at physically if, again, he's capable. If he's still injured without showing teams where he's at, then, yeah, he'll fall.

Also, I believe Seattle can host local college prospect workouts without counting against their allotted player visits. ASJ will be one of those players brought into the VMAC, so Seahawks should get a good look at him before the draft.

Edit to add: Tony Pauline of Draft Insider is being told ASJ will be healthy for his pro day.

Edit 2: CORRECTION - Tony Pauline is reporting he will not be healthy for pro day. I got some bad information from Rotoworld for the first edit.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Oh man, ASJ as a a Hawk would be one of the best things to happen in this draft. I'd much rather take him over a guy like Amaro who is ranked higher most places but isn't as complete a player as ASJ is. He'd solve a lot of issues on this team from protection along the line to giving Russ another weapon. He's one of the better red zone threats available in the draft and if his inability to work out causes him to fall down the board, getting him at 64 would be awesome. Love me some ASJ!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I like him but if the 'Hawks draft him at 32 I'm going to be a little disappointed because I think there's some good OL talent I'd like to see take priority over TE for that first pick. And there's no way he'll last even halfway through the 2nd round. I'd also like to see a more polished blocker drafted at TE than ASJ.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This could drop ASJ to the 2nd round.

6' 5 1/2" and 262 isn't abnormally big, and sure as hell isn't the 6'7" and 270+ lb Te we've been hearing about. If he can run a fast 40 it might help as a lot of the TE's at the combine ran a lot slower than expected, but the 40 isn't everything. Film will show if he can explode off the line and stretch the seams, but there were a couple of TE's that boosted their stock today, while ASJ couldn't do anything.

I'd love to be able to get a good TE in the 2nd, but I'm not sure it's a priority. We're actually pretty damned set at TE if we keep Miller. Willson should progress and McCoy coming back will only add depth, even if he just plays at the level he was at before he got hurt.